Thanks Meter: 772

By RyanZA, Senior Member on 9th November 2010, 02:59 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
22nd November 2010, 07:40 PM |#501  
OP Senior Member
Flag JHB
Thanks Meter: 772

More
Okay so I clearly can't get anybody with an Evo/Desire to test this. So I have uploaded it to the market anyway! V1.3.0 is now live on the market, and includes the temporary root option which will hopefully work on the Evo/Desire, and does work on the Moment/Intercept. *mutters something about firing his QA team*

22nd November 2010, 10:13 PM |#502  
Flag Honolulu
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanZA

Okay so I clearly can't get anybody with an Evo/Desire to test this. So I have uploaded it to the market anyway! V1.3.0 is now live on the market, and includes the temporary root option which will hopefully work on the Evo/Desire, and does work on the Moment/Intercept. *mutters something about firing his QA team*

NICE - Cna't Wait to Root My Wifes Intercept!

BIG MAHALO Ryan!!!!!!!!!
22nd November 2010, 11:05 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Captivate
Hi RyanZA - I have a Samsung Captivate which is completely stock. I rebooted the phone then used your 1.30 and did a temp root. It did it very fast and works great. I did a Titanium backup etc. so I know it worked.
A question for you, I did a backup of everything. I am pretty sure that when I reboot that Titanium won't work and that the backups will remain intact. Is that true? Second if I freeze some apps while I am rooted and then unroot (reboot) what will happen to the frozen apps? I wouldn't want to put those apps into never never land. If we ever get 2.2 I'd like to do it from the stock phone.

Thank You for a great job RyanZA
superdog404
22nd November 2010, 11:46 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 229

More
I look forward to using z4root on my D2G, once I get the directions on how to manually unroot, so hopefully today or tomorrow.
22nd November 2010, 11:54 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
RyanZA
Thanks for this great app. Everything works smooth so far. No probs rooting and Lag fix smooth as butter.
today is an update for Z4 root. Can i update without problems? Or do i have to do something before like unroot ?
23rd November 2010, 02:32 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Talking
this is the news screenshot v.1.3.0
in the case you want change old screenshot in the 1°page

good work
23rd November 2010, 06:25 AM |#507  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 1

More
wonderfully simple, worked fine on a X10 mini pro on 2.1

Thanks so much!
23rd November 2010, 11:01 AM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I waited patiently and now finally have the Z4root working for the Spica in Temporary root mode. It un roots and clears superuser and re roots all ok now.

If I Permanent root it, will problems crop up that I dont find now?

Now I have it rooted, what should I expect to do with the phone?
23rd November 2010, 12:10 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi,

I've tried z4root and it runs great with titanium backup, however, I cannot seem to get su in adb shell.
23rd November 2010, 02:51 PM |#510  
Flag London, ON
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajl

do not work on Archos Gen 8
2.8 3.2 4.3 7.0 10.1

Temp root does.
23rd November 2010, 03:31 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 345

More
Dear RyanZA,
Sorry if I am troubling you.But I sincerely want your help. I have a Motorola Milestone 2.1 Update 1 of Italian make.1 want to upgrade to 2.2 Froyo.This I want to do without any cumbersome rooting process.I came to know your z4root can do this.I don't know what rooting is and what are its advantages.Will you enlighten me about it and give me step by step instructions to root and install Froyo 2.2 or Gingerbread?Also what other applications are to be installed along with Froyo for its efficient functioning?Please don't disappoint me or feel anything against for these bland questions as I am not a techy in these matters.Waiting for your help.......
with regards,
pnsdhrn@gmail.com
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread