Post Reply Email Thread
12th December 2010, 07:20 PM |#11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by molesaied88

to go to your site i have to fill out a survey first or play a game on a website riddled with viruses? really?

Yeah - just like you said, straight away got a full screen pop-up ans when I tried to click out of it my AV kicked in immediately with a security warning. Not a very friendly ad provider
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisnash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chrisnash Ad-Free

12th December 2010, 07:24 PM |#12  
Flag Staffordshire
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Like he says, it boots insanely quickly after the initial boot.

Very nice AOSP build.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarvinTheAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MarvinTheAndroid Ad-Free
12th December 2010, 07:26 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,190

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnash

Yeah - just like you said, straight away got a full screen pop-up ans when I tried to click out of it my AV kicked in immediately with a security warning. Not a very friendly ad provider

OK! Ad removed, sorry about that, I'll need to have a word with my ad provider

I'll add screenshots soon folks!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DarkStone1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkStone1337 Ad-Free
12th December 2010, 07:26 PM |#14  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,132

Donate to Me
More
Thanks Darkstone,

This build is fast, very fast indeed.
Boot time is the fastest thing i've seen so far.
However i do get robot voice and i can't seem to get rid of it.

Using OzDROID ROM 2.00 with 2.15 radio
The Following User Says Thank You to patensas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift patensas Ad-Free
12th December 2010, 07:37 PM |#15  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 45

More
few questions:

how much ram is left for running applications ?
is there all of changes made by me in system (install apps, changing settings) will save anywhere ?

is this build for normal daily use good ? Or keeping android in ram making some limitations ?
12th December 2010, 07:42 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidX_07

few questions:

how much ram is left for running applications ?
is there all of changes made by me in system (install apps, changing settings) will save anywhere ?

is this build for normal daily use good ? Or keeping android in ram making some limitations ?

Ram is usually 240mb+ available after boot, don't worry about that, it's plenty! :P

Changes to /system won't be saved since android is loaded into ram. If you want to make permenant changes, you can either modify the system file in linux and rebuild the file. Or you can can create a file structure in the Android folder on your sd card and create the folders named Root, Update.

Insert the files you want changing in there and create an update script. The changes will be made upon every boot as long as you have the files stored on your SD card

Your settings and apps are stored to SD card, so all your changed made in Android via normal usage will be saved
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DarkStone1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkStone1337 Ad-Free
12th December 2010, 07:45 PM |#17  
New Delhi, India
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Don't mean to be pushy..but are there any plans of a sense version of this build
I don't like stock froyo much and if yes, I will hold out till its released
12th December 2010, 07:49 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan-willem3

The real advantage of this is the boot speed.
The rest of the speed is produced by the intret.gz from cedesmith or am I wrong.

No not only boot speed, the build is faster overall as it is stored in ram and not on the SD card. Therefore, your SD card will be less stressed, will have more speed available to be used when reading/writing files.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DarkStone1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkStone1337 Ad-Free
12th December 2010, 07:50 PM |#19  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I have HSPL 2.08 and 3.14 ROM, well this gives some problems with low RAM(?) or something. Does that mean that this android rom will run slow(er) as well?
12th December 2010, 07:50 PM |#20  
Flag Androidpolis
Thanks Meter: 144

More
hey im glad you are back Darkstone... but can you display more information about the build...like....
-how to install it
-whats working
-whats not working
-battery life?
-put pictures
-does it have Widgets?

and some other information??

thanks!!
12th December 2010, 07:51 PM |#21  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 45

More
So any changes made to system (installed apps, sms, new contacts) will disappear after reebot ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)