Post Reply Email Thread
5th June 2011, 10:17 PM |#1001  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 425

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless_Alias

I haven't seen it anywhere and no one answered me few pages back, does this rom support TV-Out, if not will it in the future possibly?

The tvoutserver and associated libraries are there. I don't know if they do anything useful though. You can try and let us know.

5th June 2011, 10:18 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrammarFreak

Oh wow, mine's about the same actually. I'd just never seen anything better on the Tab. Lol. I wonder what Sammy did to make it work so smoothly?

Hehe. Atleast now we're on the same page

Maybe technomancer can take a look into this? Hopefully it's something that can be carried over from stock.
5th June 2011, 10:19 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 691

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grukko

Hehe. Atleast now we're on the same page

Maybe technomancer can take a look into this? Hopefully it's not something that can be carried over from stock.

Yes. @Tech, you reckon it could be "fixed". Or is it beyond the scope of what you want to do here?
5th June 2011, 10:22 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by af974

Hardware accellerated?
In fact, it's not only browser that is a lill choppy but overall scrolling is.

Yeah I think its related to what I'm looking at. Dolphin seems smooth though and tbh I never use the stock browser but its still nice to know it works.

As soon as I'm sure I've got the ability to live without my phone I'm going to start tampering with the build.prop and add in the required lines. Hope for the best plan for the worst and I really need my phone for atleast the first couple of hours this morning...

Is it just me or is typing about a Million times faster and accurate? I use thumb keyboard and its going like the blazes.... faster than a real keyboard now I think.. love that!!

Sent from my GT-P1000
5th June 2011, 10:37 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobleskill

Yeah I think its related to what I'm looking at. Dolphin seems smooth though and tbh I never use the stock browser but its still nice to know it works.

I stopped using dolphin after the official gb rom came out. As smooth as dolphin is, it cannot compare to the speed of the stock browser. As someone who also uses an ipad 2, I can say the the performance is comparable to safari.
5th June 2011, 10:58 PM |#1006  
Flag SF Bay Area

More
Quote:

@Tech, how complete does this have to be before you can/will push this upstream?

I don't know, but it needs to be very clean, minimal changes to framework and other libraries besides device_samsung_galaxytab. Everything should be working and I am not sure about whether they accept binary drivers in vendor/samsung/GT-P1000.

I have noticed that SetCPU sometimes shows 1.2GHz for short time even though max is set to 1GHz. I ran Quadrand and polled /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq in adb at the same time and it was showing 1000 most of the time, sometimes 800. So maybe something is weird with SetCPU?

Everyone: How you install it (Heimdall or CWM) doesn't change how the ROM works. Either way is OK.
5th June 2011, 11:00 PM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomancer

The tvoutserver and associated libraries are there. I don't know if they do anything useful though. You can try and let us know.

Hope to have my cable in a day or so, will provide results.
5th June 2011, 11:02 PM |#1008  

More
Quote:

I don't know, but it needs to be very clean, minimal changes to framework and other libraries besides device_samsung_galaxytab. Everything should be working and I am not sure about whether they accept binary drivers in vendor/samsung/GT-P1000.

I have noticed that SetCPU sometimes shows 1.2GHz for short time even though max is set to 1GHz. I ran Quadrand and polled /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq in adb at the same time and it was showing 1000 most of the time, sometimes 800. So maybe something is weird with SetCPU?

Everyone: How you install it (Heimdall or CWM) doesn't change how the ROM works. Either way is OK.

CPU Spy shows that 1200MHz is in use, and that my Tab has been using that frequency. Also, the frequencies don't show up in CM's built in CPU control (CMSettings --> Performance)
5th June 2011, 11:02 PM |#1009  
Flag SF Bay Area

More
Quote:

Yes. @Tech, you reckon it could be "fixed". Or is it beyond the scope of what you want to do here?

We have the same browser as everyone else in CM7 has. "Fixing" it is frankly beyond my abilities and interest. I am not going to fork the browser and try to fixit just for the Tab. It should be fixed upstream (in main CM7 repo) by people who know what they are doing. The problem with the browser is kind of unclear and "smoothness" is not very quantifiable.
5th June 2011, 11:02 PM |#1010  
Flag SF Bay Area

More
Quote:

Also, the frequencies don't show up in CM's built in CPU control (CMSettings --> Performance)

That I know and maybe can fix.

Hmm CPU Spy shows 43 seconds total in 1.2GHz state for the last night. So it appears it somehow goes to 1.2GHz, but never to 1.4. Maybe something weird with the governor?
5th June 2011, 11:03 PM |#1011  

More
Quote:

We have the same browser as everyone else in CM7 has. "Fixing" it is frankly beyond my abilities and interest. I am not going to fork the browser and try to fixit just for the Tab. It should be fixed upstream (in main CM7 repo) by people who know what they are doing. The problem with the browser is kind of unclear and "smoothness" is not very quantifiable.

I thought as much. I did a bit a of Googling and it looks to be a nightmare to do anyway.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)