By Technomancer, Retired Recognized Developer on 28th January 2011, 12:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2011, 06:31 PM |#101  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayman07

thats the issue, i cant ADB onto the tab. just keeps saying not found. all the basic stuff is enabled, i can only get adb working in recovery.

-the latest patch didnt fix bluetooth either

that's strange, adb works perfect with me. (just upgraded to the lastest package, but adb also worked well before)
in this moment i'm listening to tron legacy soundtrack on my pc via bluetooth A2DP profile, works great

I also could mount the internal SD (/dev/emmc) to the notebook once, but couldnt umount it again, definitely a step forward

edit: I can even control the playback via bluetooth, so AVRCP works too.

Headset profile for calls doesn't work

3rd February 2011, 07:38 PM |#102  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 425

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by julianLo

edit the file: vendor/cyanogen/products/AndroidProducts.mk

and remove the line:
$(LOCAL_DIR)/cyanogen_crespo.mk \

then it should work.

You have to nuke whole device/samsung/crespo directory, effin buildsystem finds .mk files anywhere. I have to talk to noobnl about removing it completely or otherwise wrapping in ifdefs.

don't forget to apply patches from device/samsung/galaxytab/patchit

the adb issue is strange, it works for me both in normal mode and recovery just fine. try reconnecting your tab to different usb port.

ok i will try another fix for bluetooth connecting in the next release.

BTW, keyboard doesn't fully connect but I think CM frameworks do not have full support for keyboard yet, so maybe thats the case.
I tested my headset again and it seems to suck the same as it did in CM6. I hear lots of garbage/noise, and sometime little voice. I think there are several issues. One is that the audio is probably playing back at 44KHz but headset needs 8KHz. Theoretically the WM8994 codec should be doing sample rate conversion but I am not sure this is happening.
3rd February 2011, 10:25 PM |#103  
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomancer

I tested my headset again and it seems to suck the same as it did in CM6. I hear lots of garbage/noise, and sometime little voice. I think there are several issues. One is that the audio is probably playing back at 44KHz but headset needs 8KHz. Theoretically the WM8994 codec should be doing sample rate conversion but I am not sure this is happening.

Did you also try A2DP, this worked fine for me.
3rd February 2011, 10:34 PM |#104  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 425

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by julianLo

Did you also try A2DP, this worked fine for me.

I think wifey eBayed my Sony DR-BT50 ;-( because I wasn't using them.
Or maybe not. Have to check with her.
4th February 2011, 10:51 AM |#105  
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomancer

You have to nuke whole device/samsung/crespo directory, effin buildsystem finds .mk files anywhere. I have to talk to noobnl about removing it completely or otherwise wrapping in ifdefs.

Yeah, I lost track of the changes I made.
I tried the steps again, and can canfirm that this works:

Quote:

edit the file: vendor/cyanogen/products/AndroidProducts.mk
and remove the line:
$(LOCAL_DIR)/cyanogen_crespo.mk \

remove the system/device/samsung/crespo directory.

Yippie, I deployed my built kernel & factoryfs to the tab and it works!!!
I will now try to investigate the voice problem
4th February 2011, 06:32 PM |#106  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Just a shoutout
Shoutout to Technomancer and all of the devs working on this. I'll be following this thread religiously going forward. I'm going to do some reading on Heimdall and recovery for the tab, but for now will just watch and wait to see when the Stable comes out.

Cyanogen needs to add you to the official CM site!
4th February 2011, 07:01 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
This beta is running great on my UK tab. Only issue ihave is when in cwm.its saint it can't mount e: and as host of cache directories.

Not an issue now that gapps are included in the Tom but could be in the future maybe?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
4th February 2011, 09:23 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Good luck guys. As I need my Tab as a daily work Tab I cant join you guys on this journey :)
4th February 2011, 09:25 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
How can I help...
Is there anyway I could help get this ported to the CDMA tabs?
4th February 2011, 09:42 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Talking
Watching this thread with great interest. And respect for all the hard work going into this project.
As soon as it seems stable enough (i.e. CWM works, as do all the sensors) I would love to join in on the fun!
Currently on the CM7 nightlies on my N1 and they are functional enough to use as a daily driver now, a few bugs here and there are no biggie.
Hope you get the Tab listed by Cyanogen on their website - some recognition for the good work being done.

Cheers
Baz
4th February 2011, 10:28 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
+1

Really amazed and stoked at the dev work coming through. Seems like we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil 123

Watching this thread with great interest. And respect for all the hard work going into this project.
As soon as it seems stable enough (i.e. CWM works, as do all the sensors) I would love to join in on the fun!
Currently on the CM7 nightlies on my N1 and they are functional enough to use as a daily driver now, a few bugs here and there are no biggie.
Hope you get the Tab listed by Cyanogen on their website - some recognition for the good work being done.

Cheers
Baz

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)