Help with Kindle Fire Aide (Kindle fire HD 7")

Search This thread

Kagari_

Mar 11, 2014
So, I booted up Kindle Fire Aide, picked my model and chose option 1, full restore to 7.2.3
It's been an hour and its still fetching the recovery.img file.
The kindle itself is just on the fastboot screen, doing nothing else
Do I wait it out for a while? If someone could tell me how to get it back to normal, that would help so much.

And before someone asks, I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. I used stunts wallpaper fix and it messed up my kindle (extremely slow, status bar dissapearing) so I did a reboot which I now realise wasn't the best idea.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Ah usually that just means the dalvik cache needs wiping, when it has status bar disappearing,sorry if it bricked after rebooting, added a lot of safeties to try to prevent that. Kffa should be downloading a big file off a server so if you have very slow internet it would make sense why it is taking so long, however if it says anything about waiting for device I would assume its a driver issue. If you want to restore it you can also try the system restore tool here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1951254

Feel free to ignore that adb command it mentioned, that was to get it into fastboot if it booted up all the way already.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk