www.LearnToFlash.net
Motorola FLIPSIDE MB508 hard reset

To perform a Factory Data Reset

1. Open the Applications TrayÂ
2. Touch Settings
3. Scroll down and touch Privacy
4. Scroll down and touch Factory Data ResetÂ
5. Touch Reset Phone

If you are unable to navigate through the menu to perform a factory data reset, you can follow the steps outlined below:

1. Power off your phone
2. On the hardware keyboard
3. Hold the X key and then hold the power button
4. When you see the Moto symbol you can release the power key
5. Hold the X key until you see a triangle with an exclamation point
6. Press the key labeled Fn (lower left corner of the keyboard in landscape, upper left in portrait) and the T key at the same time
7. You will now see a menu on the screen
8. Use the hardware keyboard cursor keys (lower left in portrait mode) to move the blue highlight to the various selections. You want to highlight "wipe data/factory reset"
9. Press the return key (to the right of the OK key with the phone in portrait mode) on the hardware keyboard to select the option that is highlighted.
10. Use the cursor keys to highlight YES from the next menu.
11. Press the return key to complete the selection
12. The phone will begin to reset. WAIT until it says it is complete
13. When it is complete you will see the the menu again, select "Reboot system now" with the cursor keys
14. Press the return key to reboot the phone.

Enjoy

Reactions: phapsubongtoi

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
using custom recovery will provide more useful functions

Not for those of us unlucky ones (maybe I'm the only one) that the custom recovery will NOT work for. No matter what I try, it wont mount data/recovery, so no backup can be made or flashing a custom rom. Plus I have a new problem. Had to rsd the sbf back and now I can't even gain root on the phone.

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
What os are u on now? Also what methods have you tried?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

I've got the froyo on it. When trying to root, I've used the method that worked for me originally, superoneclick. It just keeps not responding on my windows 7 machine but didn't use to. As for the recovery, I did exactly as laidaxins post but it would give me that above error on the phone. I have tried getting help from laidaxin and winsuk to no avail. I even tried getting ahold of romracer to build a proper recovery since I can donate my flipside for the cause, but haven't gotten a response from him at all.

roketteere

May 9, 2010
Davie
www.LearnToFlash.net
Use z4root go to 4shared.com and search for it there. Then download and install it. Make sure usb debugging is on and unknown sources is checked. Then run z4root and let it sit. Let me know if that works for you.

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Use z4root go to 4shared.com and search for it there. Then download and install it. Make sure usb debugging is on and unknown sources is checked. Then run z4root and let it sit. Let me know if that works for you.

Gotta be a member to download.

Edit: found the apk here on xda. Doesn't work. At step acquiring root shell, it just closes out. Upon reboot, no superuser. Wasn't meant to be I guess. It was rooted at one time, but guess it just got tired of being told who the boss is.

Last edited:

roketteere

May 9, 2010
Davie
www.LearnToFlash.net
Superoneclick doesn't always work. That's why I recommend using other options. Also there is a one click root for the Droid x Droid 2 etc on droidforums I have used it on many different Motorola's with a lot of success.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

Reactions: phapsubongtoi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Motorola FLIPSIDE MB508 hard reset

To perform a Factory Data Reset

1. Open the Applications TrayÂ
    2. Touch Settings
    3. Scroll down and touch Privacy
    4. Scroll down and touch Factory Data ResetÂ
    5. Touch Reset Phone

If you are unable to navigate through the menu to perform a factory data reset, you can follow the steps outlined below:

1. Power off your phone
    2. On the hardware keyboard
    3. Hold the X key and then hold the power button
    4. When you see the Moto symbol you can release the power key
    5. Hold the X key until you see a triangle with an exclamation point
    6. Press the key labeled Fn (lower left corner of the keyboard in landscape, upper left in portrait) and the T key at the same time
    7. You will now see a menu on the screen
    8. Use the hardware keyboard cursor keys (lower left in portrait mode) to move the blue highlight to the various selections. You want to highlight "wipe data/factory reset"
    9. Press the return key (to the right of the OK key with the phone in portrait mode) on the hardware keyboard to select the option that is highlighted.
    10. Use the cursor keys to highlight YES from the next menu.
    11. Press the return key to complete the selection
    12. The phone will begin to reset. WAIT until it says it is complete
    13. When it is complete you will see the the menu again, select "Reboot system now" with the cursor keys
    14. Press the return key to reboot the phone.

Enjoy
    Superoneclick doesn't always work. That's why I recommend using other options. Also there is a one click root for the Droid x Droid 2 etc on droidforums I have used it on many different Motorola's with a lot of success.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA