Search This thread

Poloki

Oct 28, 2010
Hackettstown, NJ
Poloki
Can you access adb or fastboot? If you can access fastboot you could use:

fastboot flash recovery [recovery name here]

To flash twrp recovery and use the integrated file manager
Also, this will not work with stock (non AOSP) ROMs because LG uses a different boot animation system. Will update the OP to warn future people :)

All is better now. Was able to revert back to stock by downloading from home PC. Found the link here on XDA to help with that. I just have to re-root now so I can install TWRP and re-do my XPosed. Although I might wait a bit to see if KitKat is coming to VZW, so I don't have re-root, etc again.

agentfusion

Jun 27, 2009
Baltimore
wr3tch.com
OnePlus 9
I've tried so many roms and they've all pissed me off with one major bug in each that made them unusable. Mahdi rom is the first custom rom that has no bugs to speak of besides the lag after granting root permissions until you turn the screen off and back on, but that's way easy to live with.

So, having a boot animation to show my Mahdi pride is awesome!

Sent from my g2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey XDA
    I just spent a good few minutes making my first ever boot animation and wanted to share it with you guys !

I've been using Mahdi ROM since day one on my G2, and have decided that as much as I like the stock google boot animation, I would much rather see an animation representing the custom ROM that I am using (apart from this very minor thing I think this ROM is perfect, I've pushed a score of 33000 on antutu and can get 40 hrs battery life with regular usage!)... It's probably just an OCD thing, but I think a custom ROM feels more unique with its own boot animation.

Like I said; This is my first ever boot animation made from scratch so it is very basic, but that was one of my prerequisites, and I like it, so I hope you do too!

To install, in case you're newer than me to this, you simply copy the file from your download folder to /system/media and rename he old boot animation to .bak or anything you like.

Download below, Thanks guys!

EDIT; THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH LG STOCK BASED ROMS
    Thnks fot the feedback! Its not a lack of frames, its kust very rushed so some frames move the bar slightly more than other frames.
    If i find some spare time Ill see if i can fix it up a little!
    Poloki
    Can you access adb or fastboot? If you can access fastboot you could use:

fastboot flash recovery [recovery name here]

To flash twrp recovery and use the integrated file manager
    Also, this will not work with stock (non AOSP) ROMs because LG uses a different boot animation system. Will update the OP to warn future people :)
    Boot Animation

Here is another BA option for Mahdi-ROM if anyone is interested. Thanks to blazze11

MAHDI/Nexus Boot Animation

Preview