[Q] Google Play Store installation problem

Search This thread

mariostatm

Feb 17, 2014
Limassol
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace S5380i running on android 2.3.6. I have already rooted my mobile and transferred most of the applications on SD card to clear some internal space. I actually also deleted Google Play services, Google Play Books and Gmail as I am not using them. All other apps I re-installed such as Google Maps are OK apart from Google Play Store. It was initially showing No connection Retry.

I tried some methods posted on the website but nothing works. I tried clearing data and force-stopping the app, then reboot but after a while the app crashed when I tried downloading an application. I got this message: "The application Google Play Store (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

I wiped also cache through the system reboot but I had the same problem but also sth strange happened, Google Play Books app re-appeared in my menu.

I tried also deleting hosts.txt from \system\etc folder and even editing it as suggested (There was only one line on my hosts.txt: 127.0.0.1 localhost):

127.0.0.1 localhost
#74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com

but I had the same problem after a while.

I finally tried changing my Google account password and this helped only for a little bit as I got the same message. I get this message even when I am trying to download an app from the web version of Google play.

Can somebody help me please? Any ideas?

Mardon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace S5380i running on android 2.3.6. I have already rooted my mobile and transferred most of the applications on SD card to clear some internal space. I actually also deleted Google Play services, Google Play Books and Gmail as I am not using them. All other apps I re-installed such as Google Maps are OK apart from Google Play Store. It was initially showing No connection Retry.

I tried some methods posted on the website but nothing works. I tried clearing data and force-stopping the app, then reboot but after a while the app crashed when I tried downloading an application. I got this message: "The application Google Play Store (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

I wiped also cache through the system reboot but I had the same problem but also sth strange happened, Google Play Books app re-appeared in my menu.

I tried also deleting hosts.txt from \system\etc folder and even editing it as suggested (There was only one line on my hosts.txt: 127.0.0.1 localhost):

127.0.0.1 localhost

I finally tried changing my Google account password and this helped only for a little bit as I got the same message. I get this message even when I am trying to download an app from the web version of Google play.

Play Store needs the Google Play services (GMS) & Google Services Framework (GSF)!
You deleted them, so its your own fault.
Reinstall Play Services should fix it.

mariostatm

Feb 17, 2014
Limassol
Problem solved

Play Store needs the Google Play services (GMS) & Google Services Framework (GSF)!

I didn't uninstall GSF, just GPS. However I found the solution to my problem. I downloaded GAPPS and flashed them, thus removed previous installation of Google Play Store and the rest of gapps. Immediately after rebooting my mobile, it started looking for updates. I uninstalled again the Google Play Services and everything works fine just to free some more space. The only difference is now that Google Play Store is installed in the internal phone memory and I don't intend to move it to the SD card again.

Angryace

Jan 28, 2013
Skopje
I didn't uninstall GSF, just GPS. However I found the solution to my problem. I downloaded GAPPS and flashed them, thus removed previous installation of Google Play Store and the rest of gapps. Immediately after rebooting my mobile, it started looking for updates. I uninstalled again the Google Play Services and everything works fine just to free some more space. The only difference is now that Google Play Store is installed in the internal phone memory and I don't intend to move it to the SD card again.

TIP: if you struggle with memory problem then you can move some essential apps like Google Play Store, G Maps, YouTube etc.
Just when you update an app from Play Store, lets say you update G Maps, you got 2 Google Maps in your device that lack your memory.
The first one Google Maps is in your system by the Rom and the second one is in your Root "Data/App/" (which is your Internal Memory).
So I suggest you to move all essential apps from Data/App to System/App and remove old apps which are outdated in your system. After that reboot and enjoy with your free memory.

Reactions: pikkuteemu

vaosams

Aug 7, 2016
Whatsapp will not work on my galaxy ace, it is in a perpetual loop asking if it can backup to google drive via my gmail account. I repeatedly answer yes, but then it asks me to install Google Play Store. I thought GPS was installed - checked applications and yes it is. I try to "skip" this step as this is an option, but just go round in a perpetual loop with whatsapp. I have uninstalled and reinstalled whatsapp - several times now for it to repeatedly ask for me to install Google Play Store. In desperation, I have just uninstalled GPS, and am now trying to re-install it.
I keep getting messages that "this browser is no longer supported" and a link to "Google Play Store app" which fails and connection times out every single time. What do I do? (Step by step instructions required!)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

127.0.0.1 localhost

restore stock rom using odin and dont delete the files madron said and you should be good to go!

TIP: if you struggle with memory problem then you can move some essential apps like Google Play Store, G Maps, YouTube etc.
    Just when you update an app from Play Store, lets say you update G Maps, you got 2 Google Maps in your device that lack your memory.
    The first one Google Maps is in your system by the Rom and the second one is in your Root "Data/App/" (which is your Internal Memory).
    So I suggest you to move all essential apps from Data/App to System/App and remove old apps which are outdated in your system. After that reboot and enjoy with your free memory.