27th August 2013, 07:26 PM |#7351  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 31,963

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapi

First of all, I am only asking, not saying to stratosk to implement any new functionality. I am not agree with the developer when he add again this feature, but I respect his decision

CM removes this settings by design decisions (again, i am not agree with this decision) and now my calls over bluetooth are very distorsionated. Is very hard to mantain a conversation in free-hands mode. There was a hard discussion about this topic between one cm device mantainer and one person of the cm core team (you can see it in another thread in xda)

Before 4.3 I preserve 2.6.24 kernel version to avoid this distorsion, but now I need to decide to downgrade to 4.2.2 or select another kernel without this feature

About the decision to include this option in semaphore manager or not, i am only making a suggestion, because we have a functionally impossible to manage (at least in cm, i dont know if it is possible with other roms)

Thanks

One more time in-call volume settings are causing troubles...
Maybe, I will remove them (again) in next version.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stratosk For This Useful Post: [ View ]

27th August 2013, 07:44 PM |#7352  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratosk

Fans of this setting will kill me...It is not possible to enable/disable on-demand, for example at system boot??

Thx for the support
27th August 2013, 08:17 PM |#7353  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thessaloniki

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapi

Fans of this setting will kill me...It is not possible to enable/disable on-demand, for example at system boot??

Thx for the support

I hope not.

In the mean time try to handle incall volume settings through scripts.
The sysfs path:
/sys/devices/virtual/misc/voodoo_sound/incall_*

Valid values 0..3
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stratosk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2013, 08:42 PM |#7354  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thanks, I will try to modify this values

Quote:

I hope not.

In the mean time try to handle incall volume settings through scripts.
The sysfs path:
/sys/devices/virtual/misc/voodoo_sound/incall_*

Valid values 0..3

27th August 2013, 09:24 PM |#7355  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 269

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ah... Stratos... My dear friend... You're most definitely the nicest and most easy going kernel developer I've ever come across. Always willing to work with new challenges brought by us and coming to a compromise, as long as you feel that it's something doable, and that you might agree with it of course. Hope you always stay true to that, dude. Thanks a million for your hard work brother! :beer:
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AndroidBR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroidBR Ad-Free
27th August 2013, 09:32 PM |#7356  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Thessaloniki

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidBR

Ah... Stratos... My dear friend... You're most definitely the nicest and most easy going kernel developer I've ever come across. Always willing to work with new challenges brought by us and coming to a compromise, as long as you feel that it's something doable, and that you might agree with it of course. Hope you always stay true to that, dude. Thanks a million for your hard work brother! :beer:

Thanks so much for your kind words, my friend.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to stratosk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2013, 01:23 PM |#7357  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Question
I use CyanDelta so I can update to the latest nightlies quickly without forgetting to flash my favourite .zips (like Semaphore). The thing is, the update script that installs the new ROM as well as the zips reboots after finishing, but since 3.1.0, it keeps asking me whether I would like to prevent the new ROM from flashing a different recovery and remains stuck there.

The ROM dopesn't flash anything, though, so the question is moot - is there any way to disable this? I just want to click the "flash zip" button in CyanDelta without having to worry about pressing "no" or "yes" in recovery (as I said, doesn't matter) in order to complete the reboot.

Also, since I haven't said so in some time, you rock.
29th August 2013, 02:15 PM |#7358  
Flag Mechelen
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidator

I use CyanDelta so I can update to the latest nightlies quickly without forgetting to flash my favourite .zips (like Semaphore). The thing is, the update script that installs the new ROM as well as the zips reboots after finishing, but since 3.1.0, it keeps asking me whether I would like to prevent the new ROM from flashing a different recovery and remains stuck there.

The ROM dopesn't flash anything, though, so the question is moot - is there any way to disable this? I just want to click the "flash zip" button in CyanDelta without having to worry about pressing "no" or "yes" in recovery (as I said, doesn't matter) in order to complete the reboot.

Also, since I haven't said so in some time, you rock.

I don't have this problem with CyanDelta, which Rom are you using?
29th August 2013, 03:09 PM |#7359  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twili9ht

I don't have this problem with CyanDelta, which Rom are you using?

I'm currently on CyanogenMod 10.2 20130829, but have experienced this behaviour for the last ~10 updates. I didn't change any particular settings (at least none that I'm aware of) that could influence this
29th August 2013, 04:34 PM |#7360  
Thanks Meter: 1,956

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidator

I'm currently on CyanogenMod 10.2 20130829, but have experienced this behaviour for the last ~10 updates. I didn't change any particular settings (at least none that I'm aware of) that could influence this

I have no real idea but it could come from some file under sdcard/clockworkmod/ maybe...check what you have there (maybe rom manager license file dunno..)
29th August 2013, 06:23 PM |#7361  
Somewhere in the world...
Thanks Meter: 606

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidBR

Completely agree...i was very glad to see Stratos with a N4....if he plans to buy N5, i'll be glad to follow him there, if not, i'll maybe buy a N4 too.
My S still continues with Semaphore kernel with 4.2.2 Carbon rom, making happy my wife (well, not always)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2.2, i9000, jelly bean, kernel, semaphore, smooth

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)