Multiple Android/FirefoxOS-Starter (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android/FirefoxOS)

Search This thread

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
wiki/Help:Editing_pages

thank you:) but you have a double text on this side... can you correct this?
Klaus thanks for checking. I have fixed this but you could easily do it yourself. That is why I put this info in the Wiki.
It's very easy to edit the contents of a wiki. It only takes a few clicks.
Click the "Edit" page tab at the top of the page.
Make changes to the text.
Click the "Save page" button.
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Help:Editing_pages
Cheers
Tom
P.S. NativeSD users check out http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_HD2/NativeSD

Reactions: o82239 and wis1152

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
WinAndroid-Classic.exe (Classic-SD version 2) released

Thanks for the Classic-tool - it works OK for recovery but has the same icon as the WinAndroid one but do not worry (I will use my MortScript as it has a different icon).
Cheers
Tom

Hi,
I've update the Classic-Version (V2). It has now a new icon and I've called it "WinAndronia", because it is the litle sister of "WinAndroid" :) :)

Download and screenshot of both tools are in first post (Classic-V2).

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
WinAndroid.exe (Native-SD version 3) released

Hi
@ all: I've updated the NativeSD-Version in the first post ...
see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33174747

Changelog:

NativSD-V3:
third Release for NativeSD-Methode
new:
- Help-text on the top
- Last booted Version displayed on the top
- Reads file rom_name.txt in the same directory and displays it on the top
- Writes the last booted ROM in the rom_name.txt (like the great datagr-android-tool :) )
- all program-errors are loged in a textfile "winandroid_error.txt"

Download and screenshot, see first post.

I'm waiting for your feedback.

Cheers
Klaus

Last edited:

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
WinAndroid.exe (Native-SD version 4) released

Hi @all,
I've updated the first post with the new Native-SD version 4.

Why: Last sunday I've updated my pacman-rom (great thanks to Xylograph) and backuped the old rom with tytungs new tool NativeSD Touch Recovery (also great thanks to tytung). After that, my tool listed the backup-directory, witch is no NativeSD-Android.
:(

But now: Native-SD version 4 ignores the backup-directory and the list contains only NativeSD-roms.
:) :)

Btw, I fixed some litle spell-errors...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda -developers app

Last edited:

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
Native-SD version 4

Hi @all,
I've updated the first post with the new Native-SD version 4.

Why: Last sunday I've updated my pacman-rom (great thanks to Xylograph) and backuped the old rom with tytungs new tool NativeSD Touch Recovery (also great thanks to tytung). After that, my tool listed the backup-directory, witch is no NativeSD-Android :(

But now: Native-SD version 4 ignores the backup-directory and the list contains only NativeSD-roms :) :)

Btw, I fixed some litle spell-errors...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda -developers app
Thanks for this update. I have included a link to this application in a new thread:
Forum > HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android SD Development
[GUIDE] NativeSD for Windows Mobile (WM6.5) New Users
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1986437
Do post updates to your tool on this thread as they are both for WM NativeSD users :->
Cheers
Tom

Reactions: o82239

poyensa

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
I would be pleased to receive other feedbacks. Thanks and greetings...

Klaus

Hi Klaus, what about to add a command like kill manila.exe: when I am in WM + HTC Sense, I like to disable HTC Sense (manila) before start android (nSD or classic). I have seen this command in some other android starters.
Best regards,

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
Hi Klaus, what about to add a command like kill manila.exe: when I am in WM + HTC Sense, I like to disable HTC Sense (manila) before start android (nSD or classic). I have seen this command in some other android starters.
Best regards,

Hi,
yes it's possible to integrate it... but what's the reason? I thought, that haret kills the WinMo and all its processes, isn't it?

Do you know a thread where I can read more infos about clrcad/haret and "killing manila"?

Thanks for the ideas. Cheers
Klaus

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
Maybe you are right but I always have read to disable HTC Sense before run android as a measure to save battery drain :| Find information about haret in HD2 was not easy for me, more than the epic http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=719646 and the wiki http://htc-linux.org/wiki/index.php?title=HaRET_Documentation

Great... thank you very much... I think that I should read this all at this weekend... If you or someone else has more infos, please post the links. Thanks and cheers
Klaus

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
Do we need to disable HTC Sense for NativeSD?

Maybe you are right but I always have read to disable HTC Sense before run android as a measure to save battery drain :| Find information about haret in HD2 was not easy for me, more than the epic http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=719646 and the wiki http://htc-linux.org/wiki/index.php?title=HaRET_Documentation
Poyensa thank you for the HaRET links. I know that using the old Portadroid SD builds it was helpful to disable HTC Sense before running Android. However with NativeSD I have not seen any benefit (battery is much, much better with NativeSD). Without wishing to be rude, do you disable HTC Sense out of habit or do you see a real benefit even with NativeSD. I know I always press CLRCAD.exe before HaRET.exe even when running Recovery (or get Klaus program to do it for me) even though CLRCAD is not required for Recovery. Robbie P kindly reminded me to correct this in my [GUIDE] NativeSD for Windows Mobile (WM6.5) New Users
Do we get any benefit if we disable HTC Sense before launching NAtiveSD?
Cheers
Tom

poyensa

Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
Thank you Tom for your comments, certainly disable Sense may be just an habit and brings no benefit to nSD. My feeling is more battery consumption when Sense was not disabled, but will do some test during the weekend.

(Anyway found a good Sense switch in mortscript thread)

sent from my time-machine-HD2 JB-PACman-nativeSD rom

Last edited:

poyensa

Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
Hi,
do you can post the link of this thread? Thanks and cheers
Klaus

oh sorry I cannot find it now :( attaching the file i pick up from some post of this thread

Code:
RegOn=RegRead("HKLM","SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Sense","Enabled")
if (RegOn=1)
RegWriteDWord("HKLM","SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Sense","Enabled",0)
RedrawToday
sleep (100)
Endif
sleep (100)
if (RegOn=0)
RegWriteDWord("HKLM","SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Sense","Enabled",1)
RedrawToday
sleep (100)
Endif
sleep (50)
exit

Attachments

• Sense_Switch.zip
    278 bytes · Views: 24

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
Thank you Tom for your comments, certainly disable Sense may be just an habit and brings no benefit to nSD. My feeling is more battery consumption when Sense was not disabled, but will do some test during the weekend.

Hi,
I've developed a litle tool "ToggleManila.exe", witch disables/enables HTC-Manila (or HTC Sense)... Can you and other WinMo-User test it? I've only the original htc-ROM tested...
If it works and if you (or other people) said, that it has more battery consumption when Manila was not disabled before starting Android, I could integrate the code in the NativeSD-Version from post #1... I will wait for your test-results... Thanks @ all
:)

Cheers
Klaus

Tool ToggleManila:
capture006.jpg

Download:
View attachment ToggleManila.zip

Last edited:

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
not working here, nothing happen when i press the exe file. I am using artemis v70 wm 6.5.3 build 29058 manila 2.5.2022
not working here either, nothing happen when i press the exe file. The one I used to use was nopluginstoday but I believe there is no need for this with NativeSD.
How about a quick link to auto launch Tytung backup program ?
Cheers
Tom

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: o82239 and poyensa

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
not working here, nothing happen when i press the exe file. I am using artemis v70 wm 6.5.3 build 29058 manila 2.5.2022

not working here either, nothing happen when i press the exe file. The one I used to use was nopluginstoday but I believe there is no need for this with NativeSD....

Hi, thanks...
the tool has no GUI... Do you switch to the home screen? Can you export the following reg-key (incl. sub-keys for example with Total Commander)?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\

How about a quick link to auto launch Tytung backup program ?
Cheers
Tom

Yes, this would be great... Can we start it directly from WinMo, without starting 4extrecovery?

Last edited:

poyensa

Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
Hope it helps, anyway i cannot see any diference in our old batteries switching off Sense before boot nativeSD

Your toggle change the registry value item/htc sense/ enabled from 1 to 0, BUT ot does not stop Sense.

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Items.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

o82239

Sep 19, 2012
Hope it helps, anyway i cannot see any diference in our old batteries switching off Sense before boot nativeSD

Your toggle change the registry value item/htc sense/ enabled from 1 to 0, BUT ot does not stop Sense.

Hi,
thanks for the reg-keys. It looks ok... My tool doesn't kill Sense, it only sends a message to the Operating System to do this for me... can you kill sense with a taskmanager when sense-reg-key "enable"=0 and report me if the WinMob Standard-Theme starts at the homescreen? It's only interesting for me...

Because you said that there is no difference for battery between Sense or Standard, I will not change the tool in first post... if someone else has other test results, please post it...

Thanks and cheers
Klaus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I've developed a tool for dual/triple/quadro/... booting the NativeSD-ROMs (Android or FirefoxOS) from Windows Mobile 6.5

How to use it:
    Extract the zip-file and copy the "WinAndroid.exe" in the NativeSD-directory on your SD-Card.

After starting it, the tool automaticaly analyses the NativeSD-Folder and it shows the installed ROMs. Then you can select the ROM (in the directory "/NativeSD/") or the Recovery (in directory "4EXTRecovery", "twrp2", "twrp2.3.3.0.ex" or "recoverytytungbackup") and click on "Boot selected" to start it.

V5 and V6:
    capture008.jpg

Technical informations:
    • ROM-Start: It automaticaly copies the two files zImage and initrd.gz to the "NativeSD"-directory and starts clrcad.exe and haret.exe in the same directory.
    • Recovery-Start: It starts clrcad.exe and haret.exe in the "4EXTRecovery"-, "twrp2"- or "twrp2.3.3.0.ex"-directory.
    • Last booted Android (default selected): It starts the Android-ROM, which was started the last time. It is the same as "ROM-Start" without copy the two files. (since Version V2)

Tip:

1. To start the tool with one click, generate a link in the startmenu of Windows Mobile.
    2. If you use the Classic-SD-Methode (not NativeSD-Methode), then you can download the WinAndroid-Classic, extract it, copy the EXE in the directory of your Classic-SD-Android, generate a link in the startmenu of Windows Mobile and start it...

Startmenu:
    Startmenu.jpg

Warning:
    It's the first release and it can have some bugs... you should make a backup...

I've tested it with NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 (4.2.2), NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10 (4.1.2), NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 (4.0.4) (from tytung), PACman (4.1.2), AOKP(4.1.1) (from Xylograph) and CM7 (2.3.7) (from c1cl0n) and FirefoxOS (Boot to Gecko) (from feherneoh) ROMs with htc-WinMo6.5 (with .Net-Runtime 3.5). Because it is a .Net-program, it is possible, that it works on a Windows Phone 7.x too... someone should test and report it...

Thanks to Xylograph and securecrt for the great NativeSD-methode and thanks to all XDA-Devs. :)

Downloads:

NativeSD-V6:
    6th release for NativeSD-Methode
    new:
    - Add "Extended twrp2" to the list of the recovery-versions (see Extended TWRP|v2.4.0.0)
    View attachment WinAndroid-V6.zip

NativeSD-V5:
    5th release for NativeSD-Methode
    new:
    - Add list of the recovery-versions (4EXTRecovery , twrp or Recovery for tytung-backuptool (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android))
    - New sort-order (NativeSD-ROMs on the top)
    View attachment WinAndroid-V5.zip

NativeSD-V4:
    4th release for NativeSD-Methode
    new:
    - Backup-directory (from tytungs-backup-tool) ignored
    View attachment WinAndroid-V4.zip

NativeSD-V3:
    third release for NativeSD-Methode
    new:
    - Help-text on the top
    - Last booted Version displayed on the top
    - Reads file rom_name.txt in the same directory and display it on the top
    - Writes the last booted ROM in the rom_name.txt (like the great datagr-android-tool :) )
    - All program-errors are loged in a textfile "winandroid_error.txt"
    View attachment WinAndroid-V3.zip

NativeSD-V2:
    second release for NativeSD-Methode
    new:
    - ROMs sorted
    - Add "Last booted Android" -> see Technical information -> 3. point
    View attachment WinAndroid-v2.zip

NativeSD-V1:
    first release for NativeSD-Methode
    View attachment WinAndroid.zip

Classic-V2:
    second Release for Classic-SD-Methode
    new:
    - new Icon (WinAndronia is the litle sister of WinAndroid)
    View attachment WinAndroid-Classic-V2.zip

Classic-V1:
    first Release for Classic-SD-Methode
    View attachment WinAndroid-Classic.zip

Greetings,
    Klaus

------------------------------------
    Pictures of the old versions:

NativeSD-V4 and V3:
    capture005.jpg

NativeSD-V2:
    capture003.jpg

NativeSD-V1:
    WinAndroid.jpg
    quick auto launch tytung backup...

Hi @all WinMobil/Android user,
    some day ago I wrote:
    ... How about a quick link to auto launch Tytung backup program ?
    Cheers
    Tom
    Today I've read much about initrd.gz and have extract the file of Xylographs great 4extrecovery... it's very interesting... do you know, if someone has build a mini-OS (like the 4extrecovery), that auto launch a aroma-zip-file (like Tytungs great backup tool)? If I or we can build it, I would integrate it in my NativeSD-tool from first post...
    today I've build the mini-android, which only starts Tytungs backup/recovery program... I've only tested it with original htc-WinMobile-6.5 ROM.

Installation:
    1. download the great 4extrecovery from Xylograph, extract and copy all files to the SD-Card in the folder 4extrecovery
    2. download the great Tytung backup program (or from his NativeSD Touch Recovery website) and copy the zip-file in the root of the SD-Card
    3. rename the "initrd.gz" from the 4extrecovery-folder to "initrd.gz.xylo"
    4. download the "initrd.gz" from this post and copy it in the 4extrecovery-folder on the SD-Card
    5. copy the "initrd.gz" to "initrd.gz.tytung"
    6. start my tool of the first post and boot into "Recovery"...
    ...now, after round about 15 sec. the backup/recovery-tool is started...

• If you want to go back to the original 4extrecovery: Copy "initrd.gz.xylo" to "initrd.gz" (in the 4extrecovery-folder of the SD-Card)
    • If you want to go back to the Tytung backup tool in the 4extrecovery: Copy the "initrd.gz.tytung" to "initrd.gz" (in the 4extrecovery-folder of the SD-Card)

Note: This is the very first release with hard coded folder and zip-files. If we all want to have an other folder, other tools or other things, let us discuss.

Please test it, if it works on your phones and give me a feedback...

Download new initrd.gz
    View attachment initrd.gz

Cheers
    Klaus
    Update first post and title

Updated first post and the title of this thread:
    This tool can also start FirefoxOS (Boot to Gecko) ...

uploadfromtaptalk1371377807461.jpg

Cheers
    Klaus

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app
    version 5 supports "Recovery for tytung-backuptool"

Hi,
    info: Version 5 supports
    Recovery for tytung-backuptool (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android)
    The first post of this thread is updated :)

Cheers
    Klaus
    WinAndroid-Classic.exe (Classic-SD version 1) released

o82239 Fantastic thanks, V2 works well and it is nice to see the ROMs are sorted. I have started suggesting to some OPs that they add it to their first page.

This is a great first contribution to xda! Welcome! If you want another idea for a useful little WP program I would like a button (with suitable logo) that would run 4EXT Recovery. (I know I can run WinAndroid and then select Recovery but I am lazy! I already wrote a WM NativeSD-mscr but it does not have a nice logo!)

Hi,
    thanks...
    Try the "Classic"-Tool (see new tool [with icon :)] in the first post), witch I've developed some month ago and now updating it with some improvements of the NativeSD-Version. You can copy it in your folder of each Android, make a link in the startmenu (perhaps rename it to the Android-Version, like "Recovery") and start it...

If you want to move your thread we can ask Poyensa or one of the other moderators to help. I agree that "HD2 Android Q&A and General" is probably not the right place. The question is what should it be under?
    • HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android Themes and Apps
    • HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 > HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 Themes and Apps
    • HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android SD Development
    Although this is a Windows Mobile App, as it relates to Adnroid SD Development, I favour that but as Poyensa reads this thread I am sure he will guide you.

Cheers
    Tom

@ Poyensa (if you read this): What do you think? Is it the right place? If not: We can move it...

Yes very nice start up into XDA, thanks a lot :good: !!!

I would like to add something to the wish/idea of Tom, in the Android SD developement section BoxmaX |23 |10 | BoxmaX.S3.5.v10 created a different approach for his ROM and clrcad and haret are not in the NativeSD folder but in the "Direct" folder on the root of the sdcard.

I don't know as I'm not a Hacker whether it would possible for your little tool to run a search and/or filter on folder containing clrcad and haret ?
    This output could then be used to create a list/ui and to start the ROM the user just wanna use.

Cheers.....LinChina

thanks...
    What do you think about the "Classic"-Version in the first post?
    I think, that we have a performance-problem, if we scan the SD-Card on every start of the program. I've a 32GByte-SD and very much files (car-navigation-software, geocaching-software,... with much map-files...) and it can take some houres to scan it. Therefore, to perfom it, I have to save the locations of the scanning and have to read it at start... but then I need an storage (database, registry, file,...) and I dont like this... I love tools with no trash: only copy it, try it and if it is not good, delete only one exe (no files, no database, no registry on place HKCU/HKLM,... which were created from the tool). Classic-Version is better, isn't it? You can copy 20 or more Classic-Versions in different folders and link them to the startmenu and rename the startmenu-icon.. What do you think?

I would be pleased to receive other feedbacks. Thanks and greetings...

Klaus