[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2vzw) Stable 9.0

Search This thread

nicklovell23

Dec 29, 2011

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere with SlimPie Controls.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimPie - Easily access frequently used command at anytime.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Video Preview of the Rom -

Important SlimRom links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Please Note, All the Variants of Samsung Galaxy S3 for North America are now combined under one umbrella Device called D2LTE.

Stable Release Downloads - Download the Most recent Stable Release of the Rom. Also provides a Change Log.

Weekly Release Downloads - Latest and most up to date Code. Given its weekly nature, there might Possibly be a bug or two.

Google Apps Download Stable Release or Beta Release.- This features 3 different Packages Minimal, Full and All in One (AIO). You may also want to visit [GAPPS][4.4.x] Official Slim GApps TRDS (Slimkat)

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch!

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

SlimRoms Forum

If you are interested in helping the project,

If you are interested in Theming -

To those who are interested in Themes, the following two theme engines have been found to be working satisfactorily by XDA user @jorv976

You may wish to use either

Xtheme Engine
- XTheme Engine beta5 It will want Xposed Framework. You will be interested in #10 of the XTheme Thread. It has a mini Guide on applying themes.

OR

HK Theme Manager - Thread and its themes.

Here are a few Sample Screens after theming.
Themed1-1.jpg

Themed4-1-1.jpg

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2vzw), ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
nicklovell23, SlimRoms, Perseus, Tylog
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 9.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-12-29
Current Beta Version: 9.00
Beta Release Date: 2014-12-22

Created 2014-05-21
Last Updated 2015-02-10

Last edited:

RayMcGrath

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 29, 2012
Pacific Northwest
Yea ready for some real dark slim 4.3! :D thanks!
Nice. All running well so far except front facing camera is broken. Causes fc and reboots.
Are there no options for lockscreen yet?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

danstar

Sep 7, 2011
Delphos, OH
I did a clean flash of this after it first dropped and have let it sit while I was doing other things. I just picked the phone up and was doing some things and I have had 5 "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" in the last 3 minutes. I am also showing phone using 35% battery and havent made a call or anything.

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area
Just flashed, restoring apps now. So far this seems way to stable to be a first 4.3 for this device! I ran the first alpha builds on my N7 (original) and there were several bugs right off the bat. Will do some thorough testing over the next few days. nicklovell23, do you want bug reports or logcats posted here or on the Slim site? And thanks again for picking up where Cordell left off, looking forward to these new builds.

Reactions: indyssee

nicklovell23

Dec 29, 2011
Just flashed, restoring apps now. So far this seems way to stable to be a first 4.3 for this device! I ran the first alpha builds on my N7 (original) and there were several bugs right off the bat. Will do some thorough testing over the next few days. nicklovell23, do you want bug reports or logcats posted here or on the Slim site? And thanks again for picking up where Cordell left off, looking forward to these new builds.

Just paste bin me a DM for now. I got alot going on don't want to miss anything ;)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: annoyingduck

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area
Just paste bin me a DM for now. I got alot going on don't want to miss anything ;)

Will do.
One thing I'm noticing is that sometimes my back and menu physical buttons are not responding. Mainly the back button. I can't tell if it's a delayed lagging action or a negative response. It's random, so if I run adb logcat, it could be a large file depending on when the issue decides to surface. If I take a slim bug report immediately after it happens, does that include a recent log of the issue as if adb was running?

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area
Just did a clean flash.

For anyone usiing Titanium Backup, go to preferences and backup location, choose the legacy folder to get to the titanium backup folder or else your backups won't work in 4.3

I use my external. Had no issues restoring.

Also, if you don't want bad things to happen, be sure to enable root access in dev options before changing dpi. I learned that the hard way on my N7.

d1ez3

Mar 27, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Just had a restart trying to open camera app

edit: starting camera app causes phone to restart every single time for me now. It worked a few times. Can anyone else confirm this. I need a camera app tonight, hopefully I can get a 3rd party one to work

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere with SlimPie Controls.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
      • SlimPie - Easily access frequently used command at anytime.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Video Preview of the Rom -

Important SlimRom links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Please Note, All the Variants of Samsung Galaxy S3 for North America are now combined under one umbrella Device called D2LTE.

Stable Release Downloads - Download the Most recent Stable Release of the Rom. Also provides a Change Log.

Weekly Release Downloads - Latest and most up to date Code. Given its weekly nature, there might Possibly be a bug or two.

Google Apps Download Stable Release or Beta Release.- This features 3 different Packages Minimal, Full and All in One (AIO). You may also want to visit [GAPPS][4.4.x] Official Slim GApps TRDS (Slimkat)

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch!

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

SlimRoms Forum

If you are interested in helping the project,

If you are interested in Theming -

To those who are interested in Themes, the following two theme engines have been found to be working satisfactorily by XDA user @jorv976

You may wish to use either

Xtheme Engine
    - XTheme Engine beta5 It will want Xposed Framework. You will be interested in #10 of the XTheme Thread. It has a mini Guide on applying themes.

OR

HK Theme Manager - Thread and its themes.

Here are a few Sample Screens after theming.
    Themed1-1.jpg

Themed4-1-1.jpg

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2vzw), ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    nicklovell23, SlimRoms, Perseus, Tylog
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 9.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-12-29
    Current Beta Version: 9.00
    Beta Release Date: 2014-12-22

Created 2014-05-21
    Last Updated 2015-02-10
    This problem recently started appearing with multiple KitKat roms. I'm guessing CM changed the settings. Here's hoping developers change the settings back to RUIM/SIM along with the default network type to either global or LTE/CDMA/EvDO when updating their roms.

Sent from my KitKat Galaxy S3.

I don't speak for other ROMs but this is fixed for the upcoming weekly of SlimKat.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    Just wanted you all to know we are hard at work its booting still a bit to go...

Don't break your f5 keys lol. Still having some camera issues trying to get fixed before the weekly rolls of the press.

Ok guys 4.4 is uploading now sorry took longer than expected to compile will be here "http://goo.im/devs/nicklovell23/Slim4.4-beta" when its done uploading make sure to grab the correct build since all 3 d2 variants will be in this folder. Known bugs camera freezes and bt has issues "remember it is a beta build". Things are being worked on feverishly so stay tuned to http://slimroms.net/ for future updates" As always make sure to make a nandroid and follow installation instructions. Let me know of what other issues/bugs you guys find... Thanks for all the support my self as well as the Slim Team appreciates it. Also make sure to grab the beta1 gapps from http://slimroms.net/. Enjoy...