FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

795 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By 600GOL, Senior Member on 3rd January 2009, 04:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th January 2009, 09:21 PM |#31  
Flag Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

Aha... good you got it to work now. Can you tell us what it shows when you use the "Show App Names" button and navigate back to the manila home screen? does it show in Hebrew?

It's show nothing, but with "task manager 3.1" by fdcsoft in "applications" i found the name of "start".

5th January 2009, 11:25 PM |#32  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igal_f

It's show nothing, but with "task manager 3.1" by fdcsoft in "applications" i found the name of "start".

i see... thats very weird but hey... good thing you are smart enough to figure it out!
6th January 2009, 03:50 AM |#33  
Flag Huntington Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3

what phone are you using? on touch diamond for me it works great. sms and outlook rotate fast. (1.53 seems the same as 1.52 for me)

I'm using diamond. DIAM100. Everytime i want to rotate, the phone hiccups and goes back to TF3D home screen. Only after i soft-reset will the rotation works. Is this a DIAMOND issue or gyrator/gsen/rotation app issue??
6th January 2009, 07:05 AM |#34  
Flag Palics

More
Not rotating rss screens
really nice app with small enough footprint, thanx!
My main issue is with rss reader: only the channel-list can be rotated, entering a channel or a message won't rotate.
I also had issues with s2u2 and screentilt: often s2u2 just got unlocked without any reason. Worse when incoming phonecall, s2a just slided right, showed the phone app for a second, then back s2a and looping, not picking up the call, just ringing.
(solved by removing s2u2 :) )
Versions: Dia1.93wwe stock, 1.40-s2u2, 1.54-screentilt
6th January 2009, 03:02 PM |#35  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lude219

I'm using diamond. DIAM100. Everytime i want to rotate, the phone hiccups and goes back to TF3D home screen. Only after i soft-reset will the rotation works. Is this a DIAMOND issue or gyrator/gsen/rotation app issue??

Thats very weird... No one else has repotred anything like this... Maybe you were useing 2 rotation apps @ the same time? Let me know what other programs were running and maybe we can weed out the source...
6th January 2009, 03:26 PM |#36  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerson

really nice app with small enough footprint, thanx!
My main issue is with rss reader: only the channel-list can be rotated, entering a channel or a message won't rotate.
I also had issues with s2u2 and screentilt: often s2u2 just got unlocked without any reason. Worse when incoming phonecall, s2a just slided right, showed the phone app for a second, then back s2a and looping, not picking up the call, just ringing.
(solved by removing s2u2 :) )
Versions: Dia1.93wwe stock, 1.40-s2u2, 1.54-screentilt

Well, I don't know about RSS reader. What may be happening is that changeScreen is set up so that it DOESN'T rotate any windows that return an empty string or "" as their name. If those rss reader windows show nothing when you use the "Show App Names" button, then unfortunately they wont rotate... Maybe I can find a way around this in the future. If I do I'll be sure to post it here!
6th January 2009, 04:28 PM |#37  
Flag New York City

More
hey 600GOL,
any reason to update your app from 1.52 to 1.54 on my us diamond? I like it now on 1.52. but if 1.54 is faster I will do so...
6th January 2009, 04:33 PM |#38  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:

hey 600GOL,
any reason to update your app from 1.52 to 1.54 on my us diamond? I like it now on 1.52. but if 1.54 is faster I will do so...

No not really. The only real difference for Diamond users is the checkbox that automatically adds maila to the exceptions. Other than that its really the same for you...
7th January 2009, 12:51 PM |#39  
Flag New York City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

No not really. The only real difference for Diamond users is the checkbox that automatically adds maila to the exceptions. Other than that its really the same for you...

thanks! save me the hassle of uninstal and instal
7th January 2009, 03:19 PM |#40  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:

thanks! save me the hassle of uninstal and instal

All the new versions actually save your exceptions and settings... if you were to upgrade in the future you would loose them the 1st time and then keep them each upgrade after that
7th January 2009, 10:24 PM |#41  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 237

Donate to Me
More
one of the only issues i haave with this, is that using the full qwerty inside of texts of poutlook...the keyboard has a problem reorienting itself in the correct place. i.e. sometimes if the phone is rotated, while the keyboard is up, the device will put half of the keyboard in the middle of the screen..weird things like that.

Im using a Sprint Diamond on stock rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)