[RECOVERY][GT-i9500]CWM 6.0.4.8 *everything works* UPDATED

Search This thread

alvin14

wpid-snap20110419_071908-1.jpg
Disclaimer:

By flashing this recovery you take full responsibility to whatever happens on your device. The developer will NOT be held responsible to whatever happens on your device. Of course, the recovery has been tested but whatever happens on your device will not be held against the developer.

What Is CWM Recovery ?

CWM recovery is a way that enables you to flash a custom rom , customize your rom and can save you from bad situations. To Be fully in control of your android device you need a recovery and this is one of them.
CM Nightlies install with no problems.

How To Install CWM Recovery ?

Only DD method

You need to be rooted before you continue.

1. Copy recovery.img to the root of your internal sdcard and choose either method below

a.Via PC :

Make sure that your device is on usb debugging mode (also ensure you have Samsung adb drivers installed).

Plug your device in your notebook/pc and open Terminal/CMD.

Copy and Paste the Following Commands :

PHP Code:

adb shell

dd
if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10

make sure that the partition is mmcblk0p10 or you will brick your device !

now you can reboot to recovery (volume up + home +power) or type reboot recovery via Terminal or CMD and enjoy CWM 6.0.4.7

2.On Phone :

First Download Terminal Emulator From the Play Store.

Start Terminal,

Type the Following Commands :

PHP Code:

su (you need root acess for it )

Then

dd

make sure that partition is mmcblk0p10 or you will brick your device !(guys with fat fingers stay away, use your pc !)

now you can reboot to recovery (volume up + home +power) or type reboot recovery via Terminal and enjoy CWM 6.0.4.7

Thanks To :

CM Team For CWM recovery .

@intervigil @Alberto96 @Faryaab @Koush {Without them recovery would not be here for our device :D}​

Downloads :

Updated 6.0.4.8 Touch Recovery.img (Tested and Verified)

Recovery.img

Touch Recovery.img (Tested and Verified)

Recovery.img

Regular Recovery.img (Didn't Test but 100% SURE IT WORKS)

Recovery.img

Change Log :

Build #2 Version Update
Build #1 Fully Working.

FAQ:{Please Read Before Posting}

Q: OMG ! Recovey Not Booting What To Do ?

A:please Dont try entering recovery first time from advanced power menu just do it the hard way :D

Q:My Device is not getting read by windows ?

A:Uninstall all drivers that you installed for the device .​

Please at least Hit The Thanks Button

PM ME if Links are dead

Last edited:

androidindian

Nov 16, 2010
New Delhi
guys i have the twrp recovery installed right now.. and im on a mac.. so will the adb method work fine? or do i only do it via odin? thanks a lot! :D

stassano

Oct 9, 2010
Somewhere in Europe and China
For those who use Mac… don't like to use Odin out of fear of retribution from Scandinavian deities or are scared to typo mmcblk0p10 and brick their S4...

Download the CWM / TWRP flashable ZIP for the touch recovery here...
Packed by myself, tested and working on my phone... Thanks to alvin14 for the recovery.img.

http://d-h.st/ahU

or attached...

Last edited:

androidindian

Nov 16, 2010
New Delhi
For those who use Mac… don't like to use Odin out of fear of retribution from Scandinavian deities or are scared to typo mmcblk0p10 and brick their S4...

CWM / TWRP flashable linked for the touch recovery.
Packed by myself, tested and working on my phone... Thanks to alvin14 for the recovery.img.

or attached...

awesome thanks a lot mate! ive been on twrp and flashed the 6.0.4.5 from the other thread the phone blacks out.. so was wondering if adb method would work, but will try the file you have given now :D thanks mate..

tollboy

Dec 9, 2012
Can somebody confirm if restore works fine?

Earlier version was fiving fc after the restore. And you will have to factory reset it.

SiNxHaCk

Dec 7, 2011
When I Try Flashing Rom, It's Say Aborted Error 7. When Im Flashing Roms. Like Wanam,Legend.
Then Im Flashing Cm11 It Works. I had to Downgrade My Recovery To 6.0.4.5 To Flash My Rom Back. :)

alvin14

[recovery][gt-i9500]cwm 6.0.4.7 *everything works*

When I Try Flashing Rom, It's Say Aborted Error 7. When Im Flashing Roms. Like Wanam,Legend.
Then Im Flashing Cm11 It Works. I had to Downgrade My Recovery To 6.0.4.5 To Flash My Rom Back. :)

I think that's probably a ClockWorkMod thing. Or the specific ROM. Have no problems at all with ROMS. Especially Wanam.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: speed s

asia559571

Jul 14, 2013
Sorry I did say It's working like a Charm but after restoring from a backup I'm getting FC's on stock 4.4.2 Russian & Thiland updates, Any ideas!
BTW, on Official Cm11 4.4.2 with CWM I have no problems Restoring. Please can you tell me from where the sourse code was taken. Many Thanks & Kind Regards!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wpid-snap20110419_071908-1.jpg
    Disclaimer:

By flashing this recovery you take full responsibility to whatever happens on your device. The developer will NOT be held responsible to whatever happens on your device. Of course, the recovery has been tested but whatever happens on your device will not be held against the developer.

What Is CWM Recovery ?

CWM recovery is a way that enables you to flash a custom rom , customize your rom and can save you from bad situations. To Be fully in control of your android device you need a recovery and this is one of them.
    CM Nightlies install with no problems.

How To Install CWM Recovery ?

Only DD method

You need to be rooted before you continue.

1. Copy recovery.img to the root of your internal sdcard and choose either method below

a.Via PC :

Make sure that your device is on usb debugging mode (also ensure you have Samsung adb drivers installed).

Plug your device in your notebook/pc and open Terminal/CMD.

Copy and Paste the Following Commands :

PHP Code:

adb shell

dd

make sure that the partition is mmcblk0p10 or you will brick your device !

now you can reboot to recovery (volume up + home +power) or type reboot recovery via Terminal or CMD and enjoy CWM 6.0.4.7

2.On Phone :

First Download Terminal Emulator From the Play Store.

Start Terminal,

Type the Following Commands :

PHP Code:

su (you need root acess for it )

Then

dd

make sure that partition is mmcblk0p10 or you will brick your device !(guys with fat fingers stay away, use your pc !)

now you can reboot to recovery (volume up + home +power) or type reboot recovery via Terminal and enjoy CWM 6.0.4.7

Thanks To :

CM Team For CWM recovery .

@intervigil @Alberto96 @Faryaab @Koush {Without them recovery would not be here for our device :D}​

Downloads :

Updated 6.0.4.8 Touch Recovery.img (Tested and Verified)

Recovery.img

Touch Recovery.img (Tested and Verified)

Recovery.img

Regular Recovery.img (Didn't Test but 100% SURE IT WORKS)

Recovery.img

Change Log :

Build #2 Version Update
    Build #1 Fully Working.

FAQ:{Please Read Before Posting}

Q: OMG ! Recovey Not Booting What To Do ?

A:please Dont try entering recovery first time from advanced power menu just do it the hard way :D

Q:My Device is not getting read by windows ?

A:Uninstall all drivers that you installed for the device .​

Please at least Hit The Thanks Button

PM ME if Links are dead

Here is Odin Flashable tar.md5 file. Unrar and flash GT-I9500-CWM-6.0.4.7.tar.md5 file via AP for odin.
    Thanks alvin14

Download the CWM / TWRP flashable ZIP for the touch recovery here...

or attached...
    flashable CWM 6.0.4.8

Anyone able to make a CWM flash zip?

flashable CWM 6.0.4.8

View attachment 2689723
    New build up

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk