CUBOT C7 --- Install USB Driver and Load STOCK ROM.

Search This thread

z_man3007

Mar 28, 2011
First, I would like to thank Pogodancer in millions for his STEP by STEP tutorial which helped me to load STOCK ROM on my CUBOT C7 chinese phone. I am sure this tutorial will help others to fix their CUBOT C7 phone. This tutorial is also good for PHONES with SpreadTrum SP6820 on Android 2.3.6/4.0.1 . (Make sure you have the right STOCK ROM for your phone).

Here is the link to Pogodancer's original Post:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2018023&page=2

HOW TO LOAD STOCK ROM ON YOUR CUBOT C7:

WARNING: YOU ARE DOING THIS PROCESS ON YOUR OWN AND I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF
SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH YOUR PHONE. YOU ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE DOING THIS PROCEDURE.​

1) Download the CUBOT C7 Stock rom from here:

Stock Rom: www.cubot.net/UploadFile/Soft/C7_root_Software.rar ------ (After downloading the file EXTRACT or UNZIP it)

Here you can find other tools for CUBOT C7 - http://www.cubot.net/Service.aspx (NOTE: This is not required)

2) Download this package it has the USB Driver and Flashing Tools. Install USB Driver...
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/44295424/file.html

3) Be sure to have installed the correct drivers. For my SC6820-device I see 5 items in Win7-32bit-device-manager (ADB-Composite, 2 x
COM-ports, 2 x USB devices: all without exclamation marks). You can use the drivers from the package folder "SCI-android-usb-driver-jungo-
v4-.rar".

4) Disable just in case your Win7 firewall. (If you are using Windows XP, you don't have to do this step)

5) Launch "ChannelServer.exe" from package folder "CHANNELSERVER" and allow firewall if asked.

6) Start "ResearchDownload.exe" from package folder "ResearchDownload".

7) In ResearchDownload-application chose firmware with first button (for me: 20121006_c909_JF_EAHC_V12.PAC).----- This is the STOCK
ROM file that you have downloaded and Extracted it on STEP 1.

8) Be sure to SET the Baudrate-settings in ResearchDownload-Settings (second button). I recommend 115200.

9) Press the Start (Play) button in ResearchDownload-application (third button).

10) Turn off the phone.

11) Keep holding the "volume down"-key.

12) Without releasing the button "volume down" plug the usb-cord from phone to your PC (install the driver if not done before in step 2).

13) Keep holding down the Volume Down button..... The process of firmware-burning should start now in ResearchDownload-application and
take approximately 1 Minute.

11. Wait until the firmware-flashing has been finished (A green sign appeares + "Passed" is written in ResearchDownload-application).

12. Remove the battery, wait 20 seconds. Put battery back and turn on the phone (first boot may take a while but not more than 5 minutes).

Use this at your own risk.

Last edited:

kostar

Nov 9, 2012
No cigar on Cubot C7

Tried, but did not work on Win7 64. Drivers install but Windows says the device would not run because signature is too old.
:crying:

First, I would like to thank Pogodancer in millions for his STEP by STEP tutorial which helped me to load STOCK ROM on my CUBOT C7 chinese phone. I am sure this tutorial will help others to fix their CUBOT C7 phone. This tutorial is also good for PHONES with SpreadTrum SP6820 on Android 2.3.6/4.0.1 . (Make sure you have the right STOCK ROM for your phone).

WARNING: YOU ARE DOING THIS PROCESS ON YOUR OWN AND I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF
SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH YOUR PHONE. YOU ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE DOING THIS PROCEDURE.​

Stock Rom: www.cubot.net/UploadFile/Soft/C7_root_Software.rar ------ (After downloading the file EXTRACT or UNZIP it)

Here you can find other tools for CUBOT C7 - http://www.cubot.net/Service.aspx (NOTE: This is not required)

2) Download this package it has the USB Driver and Flashing Tools. Install USB Driver...

3) Be sure to have installed the correct drivers. For my SC6820-device I see 5 items in Win7-32bit-device-manager (ADB-Composite, 2 x
COM-ports, 2 x USB devices: all without exclamation marks). You can use the drivers from the package folder "SCI-android-usb-driver-jungo-
v4-.rar".

4) Disable just in case your Win7 firewall. (If you are using Windows XP, you don't have to do this step)

5) Launch "ChannelServer.exe" from package folder "CHANNELSERVER" and allow firewall if asked.

7) In ResearchDownload-application chose firmware with first button (for me: 20121006_c909_JF_EAHC_V12.PAC).----- This is the STOCK

8) Be sure to SET the Baudrate-settings in ResearchDownload-Settings (second button). I recommend 115200.

9) Press the Start (Play) button in ResearchDownload-application (third button).

10) Turn off the phone.

12) Without releasing the button "volume down" plug the usb-cord from phone to your PC (install the driver if not done before in step 2).

13) Keep holding down the Volume Down button..... The process of firmware-burning should start now in ResearchDownload-application and

11. Wait until the firmware-flashing has been finished (A green sign appeares + "Passed" is written in ResearchDownload-application).

12. Remove the battery, wait 20 seconds. Put battery back and turn on the phone (first boot may take a while but not more than 5 minutes).

z_man3007

Mar 28, 2011
Cubot C7

Tried, but did not work on Win7 64. Drivers install but Windows says the device would not run because signature is too old.
:crying:

Have you tried downloading the 64-bit driver from cubot dot net webside?. Here is the link

Darn, I cant post a link here.... go to cubot dot net website and click on services and download C7 USB Driver.

Once you download the file. Extract it and in there you will find X64 and X86 Folder. Use the drivers from X64 folder cause you are using 64-bit Windows 7.

pijemcolu

Feb 23, 2013
Cant download the "C7_root_software.rar"

Ok so i just followed another tutorial on how to root the Cubot and unfortunatelz the telephone is stuck on bootcycle for whatever reason. I believe I didnt delete any critical application, but hey ... simply wont boot up.

Now I cant download the C7_root_software from the cubot-net website. Could anyone please upload the software somewhere else so I could download it and load stock ROM on my device. Would be a great help for me.

Thanks in advance to all of those concerned.

pijemcolu

Feb 23, 2013
Worked

Hello guyz, an update after 2 hours. I did successfully load stock ROM on Cubot C7 from ebay. Exactly like the tutorial says. Thanks for the tutorial.

I just thought that as the download from cubot net is reaaaallly slow and I have even requested the ROM myself others may have the same problem so here you go a mega key for the files

C7_root_software: Hp2f3lp-UerqPjPs2pUu-jgzruFj59Dtz0B5ScLZSGE
Debug_Tool: ByLnzD1Q7XgPALRoYx35GnEnyIcsX_oIMCLlMyRSY7w

I cant post links and those are file keys to download from Mega.co.nz, simply search for "download from mega with file key".

Thanks for the tutorial and see you around.

Reactions: gerstavros

z_man3007

Mar 28, 2011
CUBOT C7 - How to root

Ok so i just followed another tutorial on how to root the Cubot and unfortunatelz the telephone is stuck on bootcycle for whatever reason. I believe I didnt delete any critical application, but hey ... simply wont boot up.

Now I cant download the C7_root_software from the cubot-net website. Could anyone please upload the software somewhere else so I could download it and load stock ROM on my device. Would be a great help for me.

Thanks in advance to all of those concerned.

The easiest way to root Cubot C7 is using Z4Root.apk tool. Download the pack from the web and copy over to your phones internal storage.

Here are the steps:

1) Install the Z4Root on your phone.

2) Run Z4Root on your phone.

3) First, run Temporary Root, You will see Superuser icon if it ran successfully.

4) Run Z4Root again and this time Run Permanent Root. You phone will boot and you will have your phone permanently rooted.

Thanks

antdemo

Feb 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your help, follow the guide, all worked great, download was abit slow but I didn't worry about that knowing this is the only god dam tutrial I can find, thanks so much, had to register to make this post.

gvanels

Apr 25, 2007
It's not working

Hello everyone,i did it just like above said,but it doesn't do anything,like the channel server is not connecting,and also the research download is not doing anything.
The drivers are installed,only a yellow triangle with information like signature,is there anyway to do something about it?
Windows 7 64bit,cubot c7 Android 2.3.9.
Now the reason is for the upgrading is that i have two issues,one with the signal is not wel,like cutting voice,from the mic of the phone,when talking through the phone but with the earphones it's much beter.second is that the bluetooth headset is only working for transfering audio like music to the BT earphone,and when talk to the phone i cannot hear or other people cannot hear me at all,it;s like muted the phone!!!!
Any one know about it,i cannot find anything here.
n.b.:tried 3 BT earphones
Also i see when i have a usim in the phone,it's like that there is 3G system!

Last edited:

gvanels

Apr 25, 2007
Anybody?

Hello,i'm searching on the forum+net,but i cannot load again the update.zip from the site because there is no recovery option after install stock rom !Maybe someone has a solution for this?

gvanels

Apr 25, 2007
Update the update.zip

Hello everyone,i did it just like above said,but it doesn't do anything,like the channel server is not connecting,and also the research download is not doing anything.
The drivers are installed,only a yellow triangle with information like signature,is there anyway to do something about it?
Windows 7 64bit,cubot c7 Android 2.3.9.
Now the reason is for the upgrading is that i have two issues,one with the signal is not wel,like cutting voice,from the mic of the phone,when talking through the phone but with the earphones it's much beter.second is that the bluetooth headset is only working for transfering audio like music to the BT earphone,and when talk to the phone i cannot hear or other people cannot hear me at all,it;s like muted the phone!!!!
Any one know about it,i cannot find anything here.
n.b.:tried 3 BT earphones
Also i see when i have a usim in the phone,it's like that there is 3G system!
So after searching i did it!BUT in order to fix things(only fixed BT audio)there are many things that i don't can do....like a sync only apps,and after an restart i must put again a code,or the memory is out,and ofcourse no recovery menu,and other minor issues,How can i restore the rom that there is on there site/support.Maybe someone knows how to update the update.zip without recovery menu?

rojasmdq

Sep 10, 2013
Help please

Hello, I have a T999 dual sim (looks like a Xperia) it has sp6820a with 650mhz, Do you think I can use this ROM?
Please help me with this, I just kill a fake S3 i9300+ to follow another instructions.
Thank you so much from Argentina

QUOTE=z_man3007;37987768]First, I would like to thank Pogodancer in millions for his STEP by STEP tutorial which helped me to load STOCK ROM on my CUBOT C7 chinese phone. I am sure this tutorial will help others to fix their CUBOT C7 phone. This tutorial is also good for PHONES with SpreadTrum SP6820 on Android 2.3.6/4.0.1 . (Make sure you have the right STOCK ROM for your phone).

v4-.rar".

10) Turn off the phone.

Use this at your own risk.[/QUOTE]

kidrp1

Sep 2, 2015
t9500-b

v4-.rar".

10) Turn off the phone.

hello, this firware works whit t9500-b ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Worked

Hello guyz, an update after 2 hours. I did successfully load stock ROM on Cubot C7 from ebay. Exactly like the tutorial says. Thanks for the tutorial.

I just thought that as the download from cubot net is reaaaallly slow and I have even requested the ROM myself others may have the same problem so here you go a mega key for the files

C7_root_software: Hp2f3lp-UerqPjPs2pUu-jgzruFj59Dtz0B5ScLZSGE
    Debug_Tool: ByLnzD1Q7XgPALRoYx35GnEnyIcsX_oIMCLlMyRSY7w

I cant post links and those are file keys to download from Mega.co.nz, simply search for "download from mega with file key".

Thanks for the tutorial and see you around.