The One X : Coming to AT&T May 6! Finally a suitable replacement for the Aria!

Search This thread

Ken1939

Aug 10, 2010
Dallas
Google Pixel 4a
Not close - won't fit in a normal pocket, 56% larger based on overall measurements, weighs 36% more, non-replaceable battery. Fail as Aria replacement. May be a great phone, but much too large.

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010
I wasn't talking about it being a similar phone, ha. Just a phone that I like enough to replace the aria. Probably should have clarified

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk 2

FEGuy

Jan 22, 2011
Marquette, MI
On one hand, I think I'm eligible for an upgrade in late May, but as nice as the One X looks I can't justify buying it, given how crippled it is compared to the international version. Half the internal memory (even if all 16GB were free it wouldn't hold my music collection) and a dual-core Snapdragon instead of a quad-core Tegra 3. LTE doesn't matter too much to me, since we don't even have 3G around where I live, and the college I go to has campus-wide WiFi and city-wide WiMAX for the laptops.

tommyguns818

Jan 30, 2011
SoCal *818*
The X seems way to big as a phone for me. It definitely has some powa! I've had the aria for almost a year and a half now and I'm so use to having a small phone. I have to wait till next January for next grade. ouch hopefully a quad core sized aria will be made. :D

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
On one hand, I think I'm eligible for an upgrade in late May, but as nice as the One X looks I can't justify buying it, given how crippled it is compared to the international version. Half the internal memory (even if all 16GB were free it wouldn't hold my music collection) and a dual-core Snapdragon instead of a quad-core Tegra 3. LTE doesn't matter too much to me, since we don't even have 3G around where I live, and the college I go to has campus-wide WiFi and city-wide WiMAX for the laptops.

I'd prefer the dual-core Snapdragon over the quad-core Tegra 3. More cores does not always mean better.

kevina90

Jul 14, 2010
maryland
Ive used the Note for some time so I think Ill be able to adjust xD. I think its probably my next upgrade. Either this or the new SGS3.

E

E.Cadro

I had the oppurtunity to play with the one x at my local att store today they let have a sneak peak at it before it goes on display tomorrow and I have to say for being 4.7 screen it was surprisingly comfortable in my hand and fit quite easily into my pocket almost less noticeable then my aria. Its unlike any HTC phone before very light and thin. The screen was stunning and it was fast and smooth. I'm pretty much sold on this phone unless the may 3rd announcement in London about the details of the new sg3 is truly note worthy I'll be picking the one x up. As far as the quad vs the dual debate goes I've following a thread where an xda member has quad and just received the rogers one x which will be the same as the att version and in just about every bench mark he has done the duel core out performed the quad. He also felt that the duel just seems better in real world use.

Sent from wherever I am!

enik_fox

Apr 4, 2011
Dahlonega, Ga

The s4 outperforms the tegra 3 in almost every test. Its not the number of cores but the architecture that counts.

sent from my iPride 5G

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010
And for $199, It's a steal! I'd be a fool not to get it. I have been due for an upgrade since this month. I am 100% sold on this phone. I try not to think about it though because my nerves get the best of me. It's so long until the sixth!

Perfect time too because the Aria is really starting to show its age. Once I upgrade, the Aria will be a dedicated GPS.

E

E.Cadro

Yea the $199 is def a great price for this beast :)

Sent from wherever I am!

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010
Just pre-ordered this baby this morning! Will arrive at my doorstep on the fourth! The Aria forums are a wonderful community, and I can only hope that the One X forums are even half as friendly!

lsusparky621

Dec 30, 2010
Louisiana
Saw an article today saying there was a promotion at AT&T to get it for $149. I definitely agree that the dual-core is better for "real world" use over the Tegra 3.

Unfortunately for AT&T and HTC, I am going to be switching to Verizon when the SGS3 comes out, unless it is just a complete bust, which I really don't see happening. Verizon has a far more widespread LTE network and much better customer service. I think it's funny how AT&T advertises that their LTE network is faster, but fails to mention that there are far fewer LTE users on their network than Verizon. If AT&T had the LTE traffic that Verizon does, there is no way they would have faster speeds. *steps down from soap box*

Edit: Throwing this out there...I bet the SGS3 gets root and full CM9 support in less time from its release date than the One X. Any takers?

Last edited:

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010
Saw an article today saying there was a promotion at AT&T to get it for $149. I definitely agree that the dual-core is better for "real world" use over the Tegra 3.

Unfortunately for AT&T and HTC, I am going to be switching to Verizon when the SGS3 comes out, unless it is just a complete bust, which I really don't see happening. Verizon has a far more widespread LTE network and much better customer service. I think it's funny how AT&T advertises that their LTE network is faster, but fails to mention that there are far fewer LTE users on their network than Verizon. If AT&T had the LTE traffic that Verizon does, there is no way they would have faster speeds. *steps down from soap box*

Edit: Throwing this out there...I bet the SGS3 gets root and full CM9 support in less time from its release date than the One X. Any takers?

Oh no doubt! SGS has quite a following! And I would totally be on that boat, however I am not about to wait around for six months for the phone.

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010
I have an sgs2 skyrocket but am eyeing that one x very hard. I miss the build quality of hTc. Samsung just doesn't feel as good in the hand.

HTC Build quality is def top notch. Sammy phones have thin plastic, but that wouldn't bother me as I will always use a case...so it wouldn't feel too cheep.