[Newbie Friendly] Zooper Q&A Help Thread

Search This thread

Dawnoftheh3ro

Aug 2, 2014
Thank you!

If you're using UCCW, chances are that you're quite new to Zooper. So, I believe, a somewhat thorough guide is in order.
(Please excuse the colour... It was the best I could do at a short notice.)

Rick thank you so much man that was exactly what I needed! I knew I had to go into edit text manually (obviously) but I was trying to edit the pre-formatted text by clicking the bar with the text in it and not the line above with the hashtags and code. Thanks so much again! Are there any apps or other tools you can recommend? I'm on the LG G3 so it has to support QHD resolutions.

Rickav

Feb 15, 2013
Sco'land
Samsung Galaxy A70
Rick thank you so much man that was exactly what I needed! I knew I had to go into edit text manually (obviously) but I was trying to edit the pre-formatted text by clicking the bar with the text in it and not the line above with the hashtags and code. Thanks so much again! Are there any apps or other tools you can recommend? I'm on the LG G3 so it has to support QHD resolutions.

A press of the thanks button is more than enough... I ran into the same problem first time I made the switch away from UCCW (trust me, it's good move). Which is why I decided a video walkthrough is in order (although, in retrospect, I guess a screenshot with handy labelled arrows would also have got the job done... Oh well).

Apps/tools? You're throwing me a bit of a wide question there. I'm sporting my good ol' Note 2 (exactly half as many pixels as yours but I have a s-pen and soft-touch buttons... So yeah... Woop!) which has a few gaming, utilities and personalization apps. Assuming you are talking about the latter, Nova Prime is a great place to begin in order to use all the screen QHD estate. Zooper also complements it well since it displays crystal clear at all resolution provided you set it up correctly. Other apps/widgets I use include: Power Toggles, PlayerPro, Today Calendar and Simple RSS Widget to place their widgets across my 3 homescreen pages. Each of them are nigh on essential to me, but you may have different preferences.

Bashbrother

Jan 21, 2011
Brampton
Ok i have 2 questions...dirst is there a paprameter so that if i have 3 different bitmaps and i want them to change at a certain time of day or time,so one would be from 8 to 12 and then it would change to the next one from 12-8 and another changing from 8 again to 8...
and second is there a parameter to display a bitmap on a certain day of the week
thanks in advance for any help,hope i explained properly :)

brainscollector

Apr 2, 2013
First of, you need to use 24h day like most of earth instead 12h am/pm like in America.
So you need to use this

$9>#DH#?[bo]visibility fom 0 to 100[/bo]$

Where 9 represents time you want bitmap to be visible, DH is local time and bo bbcode sets visibility

For calendar

$#Df#=1?[bo][/bo]$

Df is numeric day of week and if it equals 1 it will be first day of week, bo visibility parameter.
Just sort layers so last day would be placed in highest layer.

I'm using zooper second day and it's really easy to figure it out how it's working if you just want to know.

Last edited:

eperdos

Aug 12, 2014
totally new to zooper and android personalization in general. I have galaxy s4. Here is my project:

- creating a theme with zooper (I have the pro) whole screen size (1920x1080).
- using pop up widget to show / hide a player widget actioning an icon or text.

My question:

- how do I HIDE the action icon or text when player widget is on and SHOW the action icon or text when player widget is off?

Also, related is a second question:

- how do I HIDE a default widget when player widget is on and SHOW the default widget when player widget is off? Basicaly, how to I swap widgets?

Thanks!

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Probably the Zooper Forums
totally new to zooper and android personalization in general. I have galaxy s4. Here is my project:

- creating a theme with zooper (I have the pro) whole screen size (1920x1080).
- using pop up widget to show / hide a player widget actioning an icon or text.

My question:

- how do I HIDE the action icon or text when player widget is on and SHOW the action icon or text when player widget is off?

Also, related is a second question:

- how do I HIDE a default widget when player widget is on and SHOW the default widget when player widget is off? Basicaly, how to I swap widgets?

Thanks!

Sorry but this idea is not doable since pop-up and Zooper don't share any data between them so you can't do anything in Zooper based on what happens with pop-up widget.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Anyway to get more weather conditions for a weather widget? I noticed there is no fog and a few others.

Everything I do or have is custom.... Period.

These are all the weather conditions currently available in Zooper. The numbers represent the value from #WxCODE# (x=Day of the weather forecast; 0=Today,1=Tomorrow, etc).
Keep in mind though: not all of them might be available for the weather service you have set.
Weather conditions:
0 = UNKOWN
1 = STORM
2 = THUNDERSTORM
3 = DRIZZLE
4 = RAIN
5 = SHOWERS
6 = FLURRIES
7 = RAINANDSNOW
8 = SNOW
9 = HAIL
10 = FOG
11 = HAZE
12 = WIND
13 = PARTLY_CLOUDY
14 = MOSTLY_CLOUDY
15 = CLEAR
16 = FAIR​

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Probably the Zooper Forums
Ok but at least would it be possible in some way?

Depends on how much work you are willing to invest...
One way would be to just hide/show elements in one or more Zooper widgets via the VIEW shortcuts my app ZW Utilities provides for Zooper Widgets: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2706110. Basically you can assign one of them as an OnTap action to a Zooper module, which then will toggle that variable between 0 and 1. You can then use that variable in other modules (and other Zooper widgets) to show or hide elements. For example $#TVIEW1#=0?[ox]9001[/ox]$ as an advanced parameter will hide a module as long as the toggle hasn't switched to 1.
If you haven't yet done so, you might check out this video from the guys over on mycolorscreen about how to work with advanced parameters in Zooper.

Happy theming!

Reactions: eperdos

galaxy9000

Nov 16, 2010
calender events longer than one day

Hello everyone,
I didn`t find anything whether it is it possible to display calender events which arel longer than one day in this way:

Holiday
08.07. - 20.07.

??????

I hope that someone can solve this problem for me.

Peter

CoolRaoul

Aug 14, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Embed newlines in variable: how?

Hello to all,

I'm failing to embed newlines in a variable set via Tasker which will be displayed in a rich text item.

If I put "\n" in the variable content, Zooper displays "n"
If put "\\n", I get "\n"

Cold5

Dec 9, 2010
Hi,

Could you help me anybody: Here is my code:

[ar]37[/ar]
[as]$(360/(12*60)*(#dh#*60))$[/as]
[r]$(360/(12*60)*(#dh#*60))$[/r]

But, I'd like, if only move every hour not every minute! What should I change it?

Thanks

Last edited:

expinox

Nov 25, 2011
Hi,

Could you help me anybody: Here is my code:

[ar]37[/ar]
[as]$(360/(12*60)*(#dh#*60))$[/as]
[r]$(360/(12*60)*(#dh#*60))$[/r]

But, I'd like, if only move every hour not every minute! What should I change it?

Thanks

For minutes use this:

ar]0[/ar]
[as]$(360/60*#dm#)$[/as]
[r] $(360/60*#dm#)$ [/r]

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Cold5

D. Haze

Jul 20, 2014
Have a noob question.......i have tasker and still learning how to use. Im trying to figure out how to integrate my 2 pages into one.... Another words like toggling so that if i press for example *media* the Homescreen that was made with zooper for media pops up. Ive seen it on here where ppl have one home screen and in there clock widget if they press google play music the music will appear in the clock widget. So thes 2 screens here im trying to implement as one. If i can get suggestions on how to do i can work with my other pages that ive made also.... Hopefully i am clear n not sounding confusing on what i mean.

Below are d 2 screens im trying to implement together
Sent from my SM-G900V

Attachments

• 1409064445097.jpg
    1409064445097.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 1409064466484.jpg
    1409064466484.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 86

uplift777

Nov 22, 2012
Alarm saying "not set"

I have created an alarm widget. I have placed the widget on the homescreen. The alarm widget says "Not set" - My widget will not stay updated. I can go into my system alarm setting and it is clearly turned on. If I turn the systm on and off severl times and it will show my alarm widget only par time. I am rooted using Rom FireKat and updating frequently.

Any one know the answer? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ask Your Zooper Question!

Having gone through the, at the moment of typing, 7 pages in this subforum; it quickly became apparent that a lot of members had questions they wanted answered regarding varying components of Zooper Widget Pro ranging from problems "caused" by it to some coding/programming help.

My aim is to create a singular thread where members can dump all of their queries and, hopefully, in that process help each other out where possible. Of course, it wouldn't go amiss if a few wisened senior members (read: not me) can drop in every now and then to aid replying to the questions. If you have some niche/specific questions, by all means go ahead and create your own thread if you can't find your solution here.

As thread starter, I'll make it clear that, unlike Zooper Widget, I'm no Pro. I've been playing around with UCCW for a long time until recently another member advised me to give Zooper a try. It's been a week since then, and I'm still being amazed by the features available. I've still got to learn more about integrating with Tasker in order to add even more functionality but I've got plenty of time to work that out.

Currently, I've been working on a mainly Zooper based homescreen pack which I may post later on. Suffice to say, I have basic knowledge of manipulating codes, editing layout, and dabbled my hands in progress bars, changing icon sets, etc. I think it would be a great idea to spread what I know and, perhaps, get something back as well.

Links to somewhat helpful resources which you should probably have a look at before making your post here:
    - Zooper Widget - The Complete Guide VIDEO
    - Zooper Widget Conditionals - The Basics VIDEO
    - Zooper Widget - Advanced Parameters VIDEO
    - Comprehensive list of Zooper Guides, References & Advanced Parameters as compiled by Kwerdenker XDA

Cheers.
    This is my first time playing with parameters in Zooper and I am stuck with a frankly embarrassingly basic problem. I want to print text in one of three colors based on temperature but Zooper only seems to register the first condition and prints everything as red. Here's the offending snippet:
    $#WCTEMPN#<150?[c=#ffff0000]$
    $#WCTEMPN#<90?[c=#ffeb8600]$
    $#WCTEMPN#<75?[c=#ff777777]$
    #WCTEMPN#°[/c]

Try to put the parameters in the opposite order (low to high in this case), usually solves that problem for me.

In general you are better off if you properly guard your conditions on both sides of the range, where they should be true, to avoid overlap between them. So instead of writing the above, you would end up with this:
    $#WCTEMPN# >= 90 && #WCTEMPN#<150?[c=#ffff0000]$
    $#WCTEMPN# >= 75 && #WCTEMPN#<90?[c=#ffeb8600]$
    $#WCTEMPN#<75?[c=#ff777777]$
    #WCTEMPN#°[/c]

This is to ensure that only one condition can be true at the same time, which is important for the parser of Zooper.
    Just fooling around with Zooper and was wondering if it's possible to mask a bitmap with a shape within Zooper. For example have a square picture inside of a circle. Or do you have to create the circle bitmap and import it. Thanks.

You can do a limited type of masking in Zooper with the "Drawing Mode" option of most modules. "Clear" will mask anything below that module down to the module, "XOR" will work as "Clear" if there is something below and act normal for the parts that don't have anything below them.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

hey guys, i want to make some widgets ontap point to some things which i cannot seem to do.

for example how can i pull up settings - storage?
    or settings - battery?

seems like some things are available but not all?

Give this free app a try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ss.moreshortcuts . It will enable you to use shortcuts to virtually anything on your phone :)
    Hey, everyone!

I'd like to have a couple templates of text for weekdays. Let's say it's Monday: "it's just Monday" and when it's Friday then: "relax it's already Friday"? How can I achieve that? :confused:

F6PN367.png

Text module:
    Code:
    $#DE#=Mon?it's just Monday$
    $#DE#=Tue?oh, it's Tuesday$
    $#DE#=Wed?hey, it's Wednesday$

and so on for each weekday.

Hope I could help
    Hi, I wanted to ask help for my Widget in which I would like to set the time and the date of the latest update on the Widget as the Weather Widget from Samsing Galaxy would know how doing?
    Thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

This is available as a free date variable, so you have to put in what information you want to have displayed. Something like 09:23 23/06 (Hours:Minutes Day/Month) for instance would be #WLRHH:mm dd/mm#. Use this as the content of a (Rich) Text module and you should be good to go.
    If you want to more information about free date formats, you can check the Date subsection in the editor to see all available fields or go to this http://www.zooper.org/wp/android/zw/date website.