LG E975 - No LTE Option

Search This thread

TheStigOnline

Feb 13, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Hopefully this issue can be solved, as I'm using stock Android JB 4.1.2 (E97510h-EUR-XX) on my device and there is no LTE option in:

- System Settings> More...> Mobile Networks> Network Mode

Now, I believe it can be enabled by making a change to persist.radio.lteon as found here:

- https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Network/Supported-4G-Phones/td-p/137830/page/1

However, it requires root access and as far as I'm aware, there is no root exploit for E97510h-EUR-XX at this time:

- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2249033&page=2
- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2163814&page=5

Here are my questions:

1. Is there any method to replace or edit persist.radio.lteon without rooting my device?

2. If 1 is not an option, is there any method to successfully root my device?

3. If 2 is possible, can I unroot and will this process be undetectable?

Any help is much appreciated :good:

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Hopefully this issue can be solved, as I'm using stock Android JB 4.1.2 (E97510h-EUR-XX) on my device and there is no LTE option in:

Now, I believe it can be enabled by making a change to persist.radio.lteon as found here:

- https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Network/Supported-4G-Phones/td-p/137830/page/1

However, it requires root access and as far as I'm aware, there is no root exploit for E97510h-EUR-XX at this time:

Here are my questions:

1. Is there any method to replace or edit persist.radio.lteon without rooting my device?

fcuk some e975 roms kdzs put back korean stuff and ull be sorted ..

TheStigOnline

Feb 13, 2014
? LG optimus E975 NEVER released in uk only in EU

My device was bought Sim Free from a UK company, just last year in fact and I'm not bothered if it was officially released there or not, as I have this epic mobile

Now, lets focus on the software issue, can anyone please answer my questions or suggest a better solution?

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013
My device was bought Sim Free from a UK company, just last year in fact and I'm not bothered if it was officially released there or not, as I have this epic mobile

Now, lets focus on the software issue, can anyone please answer my questions or suggest a better solution?
I put E975 soft and no lte option so i put back korean and lte works
I explained to u simple
Hope it helped..

jordy1990

Dec 21, 2009
I explained to u simple
Hope it helped..
He hasn't bought a Korean Optimus G, but an E975. But for some reason if you put a SIM card from one carrier in the phone you cannot choose LTE, but if you put in a SIM from a different carrier you get the option to choose LTE. That's because LG has had the brilliant idea to block LTE for some carriers on an LTE enabled phone.

You can try contacting LG so they release an update so that LTE will be enabled for your carrier, but it would be faster to root your phone and adjust the build.prop like you said in the first post.

Reactions: TheStigOnline

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013
He hasn't bought a Korean Optimus G, but an E975. But for some reason if you put a SIM card from one carrier in the phone you cannot choose LTE, but if you put in a SIM from a different carrier you get the option to choose LTE. That's because LG has had the brilliant idea to block LTE for some carriers on an LTE enabled phone.

You can try contacting LG so they release an update so that LTE will be enabled for your carrier, but it would be faster to root your phone and adjust the build.prop like you said in the first post.
doesnt matter where mobile is form .. dont u see i bought from korea and europe soft was working but no lte so why he cant put korean onto european ?!?!?! it will still work + with lte enabled ..
contact lg god .. it is not down to them how do u want contact them and yeah they will tell you omg we are sooo sooryy we will correct it for you .. fkin pathetic .. they will crap on u .. man
lg doesn't block nobody .. the carrier needs send u setting .. dont u remember when 3g came up they been sending settings over SMS ? APN settings and MMS settings ? nowdays it is up to carrier send update over network NOT via sms .. and those carriers who has settings ready then 4g doesnt work ..
think.com

Last edited:

jordy1990

Dec 21, 2009
Why bother putting Korean software on your European phone and risk having a bad experience (due to the fact that Korean software is guess what optimized for Korean carriers)? When you can just root your device and change the build .prop which is less trouble and less risky to perform than to put a Korean software on it.

But to answer the question of the TS. You can root the E975 10 H firmware. I used Framaroot, and it works fine. You can read all about in the thread FAQ (Freaking Annoying Questions) in the Q and A section.

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013
Why bother putting Korean software on your European phone and risk having a bad experience (due to the fact that Korean software is guess what optimized for Korean carriers)? When you can just root your device and change the build .prop which is less trouble and less risky to perform than to put a Korean software on it.

But to answer the question of the TS. You can root the E975 10 H firmware. I used Framaroot, and it works fine. You can read all about in the thread FAQ (Freaking Annoying Questions) in the Q and A section.

risky ? how can be risky .. so people here happily flashing third party roms and that's alright and when try to use original official rom then is risky ????! man are you OK?
optimized for their carriers ? no .. only APPS are included .. and those apps can be easily ignored ..
i think that your buildprop editing is risky .. ordinary people wont be messing with customizing files

wait for carrier till end of march then

I dont need to read nothing for me all working am enjoying LTE(4G) u dont it is your problem what u do ..
do what u want ..

Last edited:

jordy1990

Dec 21, 2009
Chill out dude. I'm only trying to help the TS out. He didn't ask anything about flashing a ROM, only to solve his problem with or without root.
Flashing any custom ROM is more risky than rooting a device. As it involves more steps then just rooting. So why make it hard for yourself?

Flashing a Korean ROM would mean flashing a KDZ file (that's the way I changed the E975 10 H back to E975 10 D) and that process probably changes the baseband of your phone(which is not the right one for the E975), so it could definitely influence the experience and battery life, etc.

You say that ordinary people won't mess with the build.prop file but they won't have any problem with flashing a Korean ROM?

BTW: There is no need in quoting the very last post everytime you make a comment, as it is clear what you're replying on.

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013
Chill out dude. I'm only trying to help the TS out. He didn't ask anything about flashing a ROM, only to solve his problem with or without root.
Flashing any custom ROM is more risky than rooting a device. As it involves more steps then just rooting. So why make it hard for yourself?

Flashing a Korean ROM would mean flashing a KDZ file (that's the way I changed the E975 10 H back to E975 10 D) and that process probably changes the baseband of your phone(which is not the right one for the E975), so it could definitely influence the experience and battery life, etc.

You say that ordinary people won't mess with the build.prop file but they won't have any problem with flashing a Korean ROM?

BTW: There is no need in quoting the very last post everytime you make a comment, as it is clear what you're replying on.

That quote button has reason to be there .. that is why am using it ... And people know which answer belongs to particular person ..
for me is easy flash kdz ... and then obviously u need to flash modem back .. that is not hard too ..
And u are right in only one thing .. yes when people changing roms flashing then phone drains battery .. yes when I converted to E975 my F180S battery was very very bad .. I flashed original korean back and battery is much much better .
Like I said you can try korean if no leave it and wait for carrier to sort it out .. but they have time tho ;)

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
No one here recommends to flash korean kdz in international versions nd vice versa too... Try some othr rooting methods nd try to change the build.prop.... Have yu tried moto chopper root method...??

Edit: looks lyk moto chopper method doesn't help yu... Yu cant yu downgrade ur software nd root it....
Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.1.2

Last edited:

TheStigOnline

Feb 13, 2014

This makes sense and I've already contacted LG, they have been useless so far, so will see what they come up with next

Root is my last option and thank you for your advice :good:

TheStigOnline

Feb 13, 2014
No one here recommends to flash korean kdz in international versions nd vice versa too... Try some othr rooting methods nd try to change the build.prop.... Have yu tried moto chopper root method...??

Edit: looks lyk moto chopper method doesn't help yu... Yu cant yu downgrade ur software nd root it....

I'll keep this option in mind and thank you :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I explained to u simple
    Hope it helped..

Hello Everyone,

Here are my questions:

If you wanna root your phone.. Try framaroot and try the various exploits. Linked here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app