[RECOVERY][TOUCH] ClockworkMod Recovery Touch 5.8.0.2

Search This thread

ale.landra91

Apr 29, 2011
Cuneo
Hello everyone,
new OFFICIAL ClockworkMod Recovery Touch for Nexus S (GSM) By Koush (all credits to him) download:

fastboot .img recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-crespo

How to install:

fastboot .img
1) Open a terminal on your pc and go with it in the /android-sdk/platform-tools folder where "fastboot" is located (maybe the path is different depending on what version of sdk do you have)
2) Copy in the folder containing "fastboot" the file touch-crespo.img
3) go with the phone in bootloader mode (volume up+power button) and link it to the pc with usb
4) now write this line fastboot flash recovery touch-crespo.img

If you did 1,2,3 correctly now you have touch recovery

If you like it, support the developer Koush buying touch recovery in Rom Manager Premium with in-app purchase

for people asking screenshot this is a video posted directly by koush:
Official ClockworkMod Recovery Touch

Last edited:

qtwrk

Sep 9, 2011
Barcelona
yeah , well , everything is cool , just one small problem , seems there is no power off or reboot option ... have to push power button.

but push power button is boot into system ...

ale.landra91

Apr 29, 2011
Cuneo
sorry but i have everything...i dont know where is your problem. "seems there is no power off or reboot option". In first screen there is "reboot system now", in advanced there is "reboot recovery"

Last edited:

niteh@wk

Oct 14, 2011
Flashed it. Working great so far. The scrolling of directories is kinda awkward. I'm using the capactive buttons to navigate the directories now (Menu to go down, Search to execute), seems easier and less accidental click from scrolling.

juggaknot77

Sep 12, 2010
BROOKLYN!
Noob question so sorry I'm currently using TWRP and I want to switch over to cwm. What's the easiest method to do this?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

shahravi94

Sep 3, 2011
not entirely sure but shouldnt you be able to flash it through fastboot like you would any recovery? anyone with more expertise know?

tchaari

Dec 27, 2011
Things are getting simpler for everyone with this touch version. It would be so great to have something like Boot manager integrated to it ;)

irtehun

May 31, 2010
Gonna give this a try although I'm a huge twrp 2.0 fan

Sent from my Full Android on Crespo using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,
    new OFFICIAL ClockworkMod Recovery Touch for Nexus S (GSM) By Koush (all credits to him) download:

fastboot .img recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-crespo

How to install:

fastboot .img
    1) Open a terminal on your pc and go with it in the /android-sdk/platform-tools folder where "fastboot" is located (maybe the path is different depending on what version of sdk do you have)
    2) Copy in the folder containing "fastboot" the file touch-crespo.img
    3) go with the phone in bootloader mode (volume up+power button) and link it to the pc with usb
    4) now write this line fastboot flash recovery touch-crespo.img

If you did 1,2,3 correctly now you have touch recovery

If you like it, support the developer Koush buying touch recovery in Rom Manager Premium with in-app purchase

for people asking screenshot this is a video posted directly by koush:
    Official ClockworkMod Recovery Touch
    Can anyone make this flasheble, as i cant get fastboot to work.

Here, just made that using Brainmaster's zip :) flash in the old CWM
    v5.8.0.2, flashable zip

http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/

Flash the attached file in the current CWM
    official touch version 5.8.0.1 (not test version) flashable zip

made just now :)

http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/

Flash the attached file in the current CWM
    This is awesome!

I don't want to bug Koush directly on google+, because I think this is a phone issue rather than a CWM one.

I flash it thusly:

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.1-crespo.img

I then select the Recovery option from the bootloader and get into CWM Touch. It works. Hurrah!

However, if I reboot into ICS, then try and go back into Recovery, I end up with the default android-alert-triangle thing.

How do I get the CWM recovery to stick around?

Are you on stock rom? You should delete or rename /system/etc/install-recovery.sh -- that's probably what's causing CWM to not stick. You'll need root to do so.