8,535 posts
Thanks Meter: 34,729

Post Reply Email Thread
21st October 2012, 03:56 PM |#1001  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 64

Donate to Me
More
I'm trying to restore my nandroid backup of stock 4.1.1. I've tried AOKP ROM and then I saw it's not enough for me and I want to go back to my backup I've tried to restore that backup and while restoring nandroid backup, CWM was complaining about my /data someone suggest me to download and install grouper-faux123-reset-kernel-4.1.2.zip which I did, and I've tried to restore my backup again and now I'm getting same message but for /system. one thing though stock rom was w/ 4.1.1 and this is 4.1.2 maybe that's why? please help

21st October 2012, 04:20 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil 123

Just a question - is overvolting risky?

Let's just say it will not cook the CPU, but can crash the os in this case the rom.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to masterg0g0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift masterg0g0 Ad-Free
21st October 2012, 05:31 PM |#1003  
Flag Peterborough
Thanks Meter: 2,305

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just a question - is overvolting risky?

Not at all, I have to OV on my One X as my poor variant 0 needs extra juice. But on my N7 its not needed and can UV on this.

The Following User Says Thank You to El Nino1977 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift El Nino1977 Ad-Free
21st October 2012, 06:46 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 236

More
I can never run the non-es version for more than about 2-3 minutes of gaming before it jams and restarts. Similar to undervolting an es kernel too much...
Will have to put up a logcat next time it happens.

Have a variant 1.
will have to try upping the higher frequency voltages to see if that stabilizes things...
21st October 2012, 07:05 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:

I can never run the non-es version for more than about 2-3 minutes of gaming before it jams and restarts. Similar to undervolting an es kernel too much...
Will have to put up a logcat next time it happens.

Have a variant 1.
will have to try upping the higher frequency voltages to see if that stabilizes things...

Yes your CPU needs that extra volts

22nd October 2012, 12:18 AM |#1006  
Flag London Equador Embassy
Thanks Meter: 588

More
My sound crackles then dies when I wake up the tablet with the magnet on beta 8 jb.... I have to restart to get sound back I remember this used to be a problem with trinity a long time ago so hopefully it will be fixed soon
22nd October 2012, 12:34 AM |#1007  
Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 26,425

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarboarder28

My sound crackles then dies when I wake up the tablet with the magnet on beta 8 jb.... I have to restart to get sound back I remember this used to be a problem with trinity a long time ago so hopefully it will be fixed soon

its not a kernel/rom thing, it happens on every rom/kernel. its hardware related.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simms22 Ad-Free
22nd October 2012, 04:40 AM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

its not a kernel/rom thing, it happens on every rom/kernel. its hardware related.

For me it is a Kernel related problem. I'm on PA and only with this kernel (beta8) I have this problem.

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to Gii226 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gii226 Ad-Free
22nd October 2012, 12:14 PM |#1009  
Flag Fairborn Ohio
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

Nope sorry, but your wrong here, only happened on b7 and b8.....
22nd October 2012, 12:54 PM |#1010  
Flag Motala
Thanks Meter: 420

Donate to Me
More
As I was saying before, the problem is still related to cpuquiet. Try disabling the runnable threads option added by faux and the problem will be gone or try playing with the cpuquiet idle frequencies and see if it helps with the underruns

Skickat från min Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2
22nd October 2012, 01:24 PM |#1011  
Flag London Equador Embassy
Thanks Meter: 588

More
Ya there is no way in hell that is hardware related... its because of the kernel
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)