FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Kernel[026]KK4.4(1.60Ghz Quad)UV,CIFS+UTF-8,PowerHAL,Linux-3.x Hybrid [Jun-04]

8,535 posts
Thanks Meter: 34,729
 
Post Reply Email Thread
10th August 2012, 02:08 AM |#101  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 26,425
 
More
out of neutrality, if its done right, disabling fsync is relatively safe. I've crashed well over 100 times with fsync disabled, both on my galaxy nexus and nexus 7. not once have I corrupted anything or lost data of any kind. that said, I believe Francisco had a few users have some issues, very easily fixable btw. but, he fixed it, and has it down right and rather safely now. its always nice to have it as an option. use it if you want, but be warned. or don't use it at all. anyways, its Fauxs' kernel, and he decides where he wants to take it
 
 
10th August 2012, 02:18 AM |#102  
franciscofranco's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Carcavelos
Thanks Meter: 136,827
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

out of neutrality, if its done right, disabling fsync is relatively safe. I've crashed well over 100 times with fsync disabled, both on my galaxy nexus and nexus 7. not once have I corrupted anything or lost data of any kind. that said, I believe Francisco had a few users have some issues, very easily fixable btw. but, he fixed it, and has it down right and rather safely now. its always nice to have it as an option. use it if you want, but be warned. or don't use it at all. anyways, its Fauxs' kernel, and he decides where he wants to take it

Yep. Can't care less what he uses/doesn't use, but I didn't like the half-assed and not very much correct explanation, so decided to give it my input, I believe thats what XDA is about anyway
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2012, 04:08 AM |#103  
morfic's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 13,083
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Yep. Can't care less what he uses/doesn't use, but I didn't like the half-assed and not very much correct explanation, so decided to give it my input, I believe thats what XDA is about anyway

Why don't you worry about your thread.
He disagrees with you, that doesn't make him wrong.
He says there is a risk, and he is right.
And you know he is.
You don't know your users's hardware, yet you chose to disable fsync by default and then go spread false info in his thread.

Like my kid, jumping from couch to recliner and back, I say ''don't do that, you can get hurt if the recliner tips over''
Her reply ''it's not tipping''

Is the recliner suddenly more stable because she refuses to acknowledge the risk, no!

Grow up.

Sorry faux, had to address it where it was posted.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift morfic Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 05:15 AM |#104  
redmonke255's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks Meter: 299
 
More
If both faux and morfic say something regarding a kernel, y'all better listen.

Sent from my paranoid Nexus 7.
The Following User Says Thank You to redmonke255 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redmonke255 Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 05:29 AM |#105  
morfic's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 13,083
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmonke255

If both faux and morfic say something regarding a kernel, y'all better listen.

Sent from my paranoid Nexus 7.

I think both are on either end of the extremes.
Faux happens to be on the safer side, doesn't mean I agree 100% either, else I wouldn't give users the option to disable it if they understand the risk.
Franco should have explained his views in his thread about his kernel.

Instead he threw a tantrum in someone else's thread.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift morfic Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 07:59 AM |#106  
Account currently disabled
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
100% PRO FAUX!!!

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to jalyn02 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jalyn02 Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 09:54 AM |#107  
hamdir's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 27,122
 
More
Sorry Franco but not cool...

Since your responding in his thread, seems u do care
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamdir Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 03:27 PM |#108  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 274
 
More
moving on....

so faux, i don't need stick mount any more to use the otg cable? or is that just for usb sticks and you are giving me the option to use a keyboard, mouse etc?
10th August 2012, 05:17 PM |#109  
XblackdemonX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 509
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2whisper

moving on....

so faux, i don't need stick mount any more to use the otg cable? or is that just for usb sticks and you are giving me the option to use a keyboard, mouse etc?

you need stickmount for usb drives. You don't need it for usb keyboard/mouse
The Following User Says Thank You to XblackdemonX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XblackdemonX Ad-Free
11th August 2012, 05:20 AM |#110  
BaconStep's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 1,486
 
Donate to Me
More
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0spF...e_gdata_player

Cmon guys

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
11th August 2012, 05:36 PM |#111  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,804
 
More
Been using 006 for a week now...No problems and everything is smooth!! Couldn't ask for anything better, but I'm sure faux will still provide something better

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes