[4.4.x] Voxive GApps

Search This thread

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
Check the reply below posted on the Aroma Q&A thread about how you can access prop variables located on SD storage. That coupled with some of the ideas I PMed you about, may allow your Gapps flash file to save and reuse selections. This would be far better than my purposal and a lot easier to maintain being a single flash file.

My post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48303610&postcount=1198
The reply: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48307648&postcount=1199

I am open to helping out with coding/testing/collaboration, just PM me.

motisu

Apr 2, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Check the reply below posted on the Aroma Q&A thread about how you can access prop variables located on SD storage. That coupled with some of the ideas I PMed you about, may allow your Gapps flash file to save and reuse selections. This would be far better than my purposal and a lot easier to maintain being a single flash file.

My post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48303610&postcount=1198
The reply: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48307648&postcount=1199

I am open to helping out with coding/testing/collaboration, just PM me.

I knew that this couldn't have been a new request!! It just seems so obvious! I am no programmer, but I will also be glad to test anything that you can come up with. Feel free to PM me.

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
I knew that this couldn't have been a new request!! It just seems so obvious! I am no programmer, but I will also be glad to test anything that you can come up with. Feel free to PM me.

Most of the time the Aroma selections are much less complex that this specific implementation. Only a few have the need or are prepared to code so that changes to saved selections can easily accomodate changes to the UI and/or the number of selection variables.

bgiesing

Great news! A new release is now out with the backup and restore functionality.

Changelog
v3 Series
v3.1
New Feature:
Now with Backup and Restore functionality!

Overall Improvements:
Added AndroidFileHost as a Mirror!

v3
App Improvements:
Updated Core Apps and libs to 4.4.1 Variants

Code Improvements:
Moved Info Screen to Menu

More removable apps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bgiesing

Installed the new Tab 2 ROM and used the new Gapps. Worked very well and saved the selection lists as you said. I have not yet tried to do a new install and restore the settings, but hopefully it should work.

Thanks again. :good:

No problem and thanks for using!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

bgiesing

New major release today!

New major release today!

Also, welcome to our team, @3DSammy! They have contributed some help to this project and helped me with the Backup and Restore functionality! They will also be able to moderate the thread!

Changelog
v4
Overall Improvements:
Changed DP back to 5

Added DevDB as a Download Mirror

App Improvements:
Updated to Latest AOSPA GApps

Removed SunBeam Live Wallpaper from AOSPA Base

Combined Maps and Street View into one listing

Added new interactive process for replacing AOSP apps. For example, if you select the GEL Launcher, It won't automatically replace all AOSP launchers. Now it will ask if you want to replace them!

Note about Backup:
The backup and restore process has broken a slight bit by the new AOSP Remover Dialogs...

Backup still works like normal, but when you restore, make sure to enter the GApps Selection menu and click next to get the prompts for replacing the apps!

Last edited:

bgiesing

Sorry for the frequent updates but I found a big bug! This has been fixed along with some cosmetic stuff!

If you flashed the previous version, PLEASE do a system, cache, and dalvik cache wipe! This will NOT impact your data!

Changelog
v4 Series
v4.1
Code Improvements:
Increased compression level to make GApps smaller!

Changed some wording

Bug Fixes:
Fixed Chrome Install

Fixed Gallery getting installed after removing it

v4
Overall Improvements:
Changed DP back to 5

Added DevDB as a Download Mirror

App Improvements:
Updated to Latest AOSPA GApps

Removed SunBeam Live Wallpaper from AOSPA Base

Combined Maps and Street View into one listing

Added new interactive process for replacing AOSP apps. For example, if you select the GEL Launcher, It won't automatically replace all AOSP launchers. Now it will ask if you want to replace them!

Note about Backup:
The backup and restore process has broken a slight bit by the new AOSP Remover Dialogs...

Backup still works like normal, but when you restore, make sure to enter the GApps Selection menu and click next to get the prompts for replacing the apps!

Last edited:

motisu

Apr 2, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
updated apps

please pardon my ignorance, but I was wondering if the Gapps installation script is smart enough to see if an older version is installed in /data/app and to delete it from there. What I mean is that if I had a version of an app in /system/app and then a newer version came out and was installed by play store in /data/app, when I wipe /system and install a newer Gapp, does the old version in /data/app get wiped? It seems that if not, then I will continue to see the older one in /data as well as it taking up space in the data partition, instead of me getting the newer one from the new Gaaps.

bgiesing

please pardon my ignorance, but I was wondering if the Gapps installation script is smart enough to see if an older version is installed in /data/app and to delete it from there. What I mean is that if I had a version of an app in /system/app and then a newer version came out and was installed by play store in /data/app, when I wipe /system and install a newer Gapp, does the old version in /data/app get wiped? It seems that if not, then I will continue to see the older one in /data as well as it taking up space in the data partition, instead of me getting the newer one from the new Gaaps.

It is just like AOSPA's GApps in that it moves all of your apps to the /system partition!

motisu

Apr 2, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
It is just like AOSPA's GApps in that it moves all of your apps to the /system partition!

Again, pardon my ignorance, but I don't know how AOSPA's Gapps work either:eek::confused:. All /data/app is moved to /system? That doesn't make any sense. Or does it only move certain ones and if so, what are its criteria? Does it check to see if a version is newer or older?

bgiesing

Again sorry for the quick updates but this is a good one!

Changelog
v5
NEW BACKUPS ARE REQUIRED!
Overall Improvements:
Now there is a version for 4.3 JB.

New version number scheme!

Code Improvements:
New Icons!

Trimmed Size by Compressing Theme Files

Adjusted Wording

Less Alert Dialogs means speedier install

Replace AOSP Gallery with Google+ Photos

Backup Improvements:
Backup and Restore moved to Home menu to save clicks!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3DSammy

bgiesing

Again, pardon my ignorance, but I don't know how AOSPA's Gapps work either:eek::confused:. All /data/app is moved to /system? That doesn't make any sense. Or does it only move certain ones and if so, what are its criteria? Does it check to see if a version is newer or older?

Sorry I wasn't that clear either... It moves all updates to a system app back to /system from /data

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Voxive GApps for 4.4.x [DISCONTINUED]
    Formerly "Famigo AROMA GApps"

Long time no see, huh? Well, contrary to the Post title, I am back but it's different now! Why?

THESE GApps ARE NOW APART OF Open GApps!
    I wanted to cover a few things about this package real quick though!

First, the source code has been moved and updated (the old actually was missing the newer releases!) onto GitLab. One note though is that the APKs themselves are managed using Git-Annex, so you will need that to "complete" your repo. Find the source code here: http://gitlab.com/TeamVoxive/vox_gapps/

Second, Open GApps includes a AROMA version too that will be easy for you guys to migrate over to!

Third, my other project, Vox Remover is on hiatus as it is semi-replaced by Open GApps as not only it includes more removals than the original PA/TK Gapps these were based on but it also includes the ability to remove ANY app (have to configure in config file).

Lastly, I want to mention my "other" project that I am still working on. Vox Variety is a 24-hour variety station playing a lot unique stuff!

You can find Open GApps at http://opengapps.org with daily, auto-generated builds for 4.4x to 5.1x on arm(64) and x86(_64) with a ton of variants!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Voxive GApps, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
    dotmaniac, 3DSammy, amarullz, AOSPA, TKruzze
    Source Code: http://gitlab.com/TeamVoxive/vox_gapps/

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v12
    Stable Release Date: 2014-04-11

Created 2013-12-06
    Last Updated 2015-06-27
    Okay, some news today!

First, No update. (Had to get that out.)
    Second, we are thrilled to have XDA Senior Member @MBQ_ joining our team. He is a very busy guy (more below) but will help greatly to bring this to the masses.
    Third, speaking of bringing to the masses, @MBQ_ has a GApps updater app called EasyGApps and I am working with him to add our GApps PLUS add the Delta Update functionality you guys have been asking for! Stay tuned for more on that!
    Finally, I have added some new screenshots with "device frames". What do you think?

Again, stay tuned and if you want faster updates from me, Follow me on Google+!
    It's time to slim down for the new year!

v8 and v2-slim and now smaller than ever! Click the links for the changelog!
    Okay guys, new release time... however, this isn't your average release!

Introducing Famigo Slim GApps!

For those people that have slow internet connections or only want Google Now and the Play Store, the slim GApps are a slimmed down package that doesn't include the Play, Plus, Drive, and Other GApps. It includes the bare minimum while still maintaining compatibility with 4.3 and 4.4 and having Face Lock. It also still includes Google Home as you can't get it from the Play Store and still gives you the option to replace AOSP launchers.

You can download it now from our normal mirrors (version number is v1-slim).

Check the Changelog on GitHub!
    Here's the source code for the slim packages!
    New Release Time!

Changelog
    v6
    NEW BACKUPS ARE REQUIRED!
    The BIGGEST change since v1!

Code Improvements:
    The Backup/Restore code and Stock app replacement code now runs the command directly in the script instead of relying on extra script files.

The separators (#####) have been removed to make the code smaller.

The if statements have been merged into one line to save space.

App Improvements:
    Now the Google Play Store is automatically installed apart of the core apps. This way you don't accidentally forget to install the store. I moved Talkback and Google TTS to Core Apps also as I feel that a lot of apps require them so it may be a usability standpoint if you could uninstall it. Please express your feedback about this decision!

Another thing I did was remove Google Earth as I feel it is kinda outdated and duplicate functionality. I also moved Maps/Street View to the Search category.

Finally, SunBeam is now removed when you remove PhaseBeam.

Backup Improvements:
    There is a change to the Backup and Restore functionality... It now backups into a different folder for 4.3.x and/or 4.4.x! So if you constantly switch between 4.3 and 4.4 you can now have backups for both!

Bug Fixes:
    The Stock app replacement code didn't work at all. This was fixed by mounting system when the installer is launched. I didn't realize this because I was testing using MultiROM... Excuse my error.