Ubuntu port on Galaxy S3 i9300

Search This thread

Furiosus56

Mar 10, 2015
I've done previous points of your guide, but I don't exactly understand this one:
Use these following instructions:
Finally, get an otapackage cm11, then after the build, remove the system folder and copy over it the Ubuntu system folder.
It's necessary to fix META-INF folder also the wily or vivid tar.gz preinstalled script capable to install as an otapackage zip file.
Does that mean that I have to install standard CyanogenMod 11 on my S3 and then replace it's system folder with the "Ubuntu" one I created?

Jorge R

Dec 3, 2012
Any news ?

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

I've done previous points of your guide, but I don't exactly understand this one:

Does that mean that I have to install standard CyanogenMod 11 on my S3 and then replace it's system folder with the "Ubuntu" one I created?
Just unzip the ota, delete the system folder and paste the ubuntu system folder ( you also have to decompress )

Quget

Sep 13, 2016
So I'm trying to flash this for a while...
I took these steps:
Root phone,
Flash costum recovery,
Phone still boots.

Boot in recovery,
Wipe data, dalvic and cache
Flash Ubuntu-Touch-i9300_build3.zip
Flash saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip (Found it random on the internet can't find it anywhere else)
Reboot phone,
I get a black screen with some green pixels in the corner...

I tried it several times with diffrent files
cm_i9300-ota-eng.pedro.zip
trusty-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip

So does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Also it keeps seeing: "error opening 'data/ubuntu/dev/ram0' " in recovery
I can see the folder in file explorer(recovery) though.

ChungVan

Aug 4, 2015
Help. i want try ubuntu on my s3 i9300 but i can't download any thing , anyone have other link download ?
Pls , sorry for my English

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there everyone.

I think I got Ubuntu tree to get working with Sony xperia Z Ultra, Sony Z Tablet and Samsung Galaxy S3.

After this successful working tree I'm doing the Sony Z compliant, then I'll try to get Samsung Galaxy S3 compliant too.

Today Samsung Galaxy S3 Ubuntu touch utopic or vivid system image building is on the run now.

I got the make doing his batch effort.

Let's see the end. I hope to see success in the end.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 successfully built. Now trying make otapackage. Good news.
    Hi
    I am experiencing this problem while I went for final step (
    Code:
    mka bacon -j8
    ).

It did not create any zip in .../out/target/product/DeviceName/

Here is the log->
    http://pastebin.com/CcNXpbSR

I believe the cause of problem could be->
    Code:
    make: *** No rule to make target `/home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/common/obj/APPS/framework-res_intermediates/src/R.stamp', needed by `/home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/common/obj/APPS/DeviceSettings_intermediates/src/R.stamp'.  Stop.
    (As told by a forum member).
    I basically didn't see any errors in outputs except "fatal: Invalid git file format: ...repo/repo/.git/clone.bundle" but thats network problem. Right? And btw the sync went fine after that. Even when I ran repo sync again (without deleting repo folder), it successfully fetched everything from existing files. There was no error then.
    I also did run make clean command before building it, but still.....

EDIT:

I came over this problem by editing the i9300.mk and removing "DeviceSettings \"->
    Code:
    # Product specific Packages
    PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
        DeviceSettings \
        libsecril-client \
        libsecril-client-sap \
        SamsungServiceMode \
        tinyplay
    (so is it ok? Or will I loose settings app?)

Anyhow, I came over this error and there is a new one now->

Code:
    Export includes file: frameworks/av/services/camera/libcameraservice/Android.mk -- /home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/product/i9300/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcameraservice_intermediates/export_includes
    make: *** No rule to make target `/home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/product/i9300/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libTVOut_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `/home/jaskaran/android/UbuntuPort/out/target/product/i9300/obj/EXECUTABLES/mediaserver_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Thanks.
    Please help.
    Tomorrow I will release a guide also the GPL code.

I think its time to release even to help me out on make otapackage.
    I'm building now an otapackage for testing out.

I'll release it when I've done the exametomorrow night.

Thank you so much