[Q] Question about Xbox Live game sideloading

Search This thread

Yamishi

Mar 8, 2011
Ottawa
All right, this is going to sound crazy, but I sincerely hope someone can answer my question.

So, I purchased Twin Blades forever-and-a-half ago, and quite enjoyed it. However, with these recent Windows Phone 7 updates, I did a factory reset on my phone [a Samsung Focus]. Now, as many already know, Twin Blades is no longer available on the marketplace.

So, this game -- that I paid for -- is no longer available to me. What I want to know is:

If I sideload the Twin Blades XAP file, will I get banned from Xbox Live? I have already paid for it, but I don't want to risk getting banned for sideloading an Xbox Live app. I know you can get banned from Xbox Live for pirating games, so that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking if I can get banned for sideloading a paid app I've paid for (since it's not directly from the Microsoft marketplace).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yamishi

Mar 8, 2011
Ottawa
That's awesome that it works, but I was really hoping for achievements... Is there any conceivable workaround? :/

emigrating

Jan 1, 2010
Sorry, gonna hijack this thread a little as it brings up a very interesting side point.

Since Microsoft have pulled this game due to marketplace policy - shouldn't they also refund all purchases of said game? I know they have a no refunds policy in place (which is dubious in itself), but surely they cannot sell you a piece of software only to revoke your rights to use it a few days later?

As for the original question - no, afaik there are no work-arounds for getting achievements on side-loaded XBL games.

ninjy

Jan 3, 2011
Paris
Try this link, it will open Zune MP on the Twin Blades page: fr.appsfuze.com/marketplace/redirect/49f0e177-d1d1-df11-9eae-00237de2db9e

Yamishi

Mar 8, 2011
Ottawa
Try this link, it will open Zune MP on the Twin Blades page: fr.appsfuze.com/marketplace/redirect/49f0e177-d1d1-df11-9eae-00237de2db9e

That's an ingenious idea, but as far as I can tell, that won't actually let me re-download the game... I'm on my phone now, and it opens the info page for the game, but doesn't have the Try/Buy buttons... :(

Sorry, gonna hijack this thread a little as it brings up a very interesting side point.

Since Microsoft have pulled this game due to marketplace policy - shouldn't they also refund all purchases of said game? I know they have a no refunds policy in place (which is dubious in itself), but surely they cannot sell you a piece of software only to revoke your rights to use it a few days later?

As for the original question - no, afaik there are no work-arounds for getting achievements on side-loaded XBL games.

I think they should let us redownload it, considering we paid for it. I can understand pulling it from future purchase, but I actually PAID for it! I already got an achievement tied to my Gamertag, so I want to be able to complete it. I'd rather a re-download of the game than a refund, but anything is better than getting shafted like this...

Also, is a lack of achievements part of sideloading Xbox Live games? Like, do all of them, when side-loaded, disable achievements? :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I sideloaded Twin Blades on my HD7 after purchasing it and I am not banned. I've been using it for about 2 weeks sideloaded. My achievements aren't showing up on my XBLive account though.