Darthstalker ROM -- All things not development related--

Search This thread

ticojpunk

Aug 29, 2011
New City, NY
Anyone know how you get the non-inverted Talk? I flashed X2 twice. Both times I selected the non-inverted Talk, but I get the inverted one anyway.
Same question for the Android keyboard as well. I chose the stock one, non-inverted and I get the solid black keyboard with white letters. Thanks.

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
Anyone know how you get the non-inverted Talk? I flashed X2 twice. Both times I selected the non-inverted Talk, but I get the inverted one anyway.
Same question for the Android keyboard as well. I chose the stock one, non-inverted and I get the solid black keyboard with white letters. Thanks.

Just either use titanium backup to remove it or delete it from system/app and then install it again from the play store.

As for the keyboard, check the link In my Sig for links to numerous other flashshable keyboards.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

ticojpunk

Aug 29, 2011
New City, NY
Just either use titanium backup to remove it or delete it from system/app and then install it again from the play store.

As for the keyboard, check the link In my Sig for links to numerous other flashshable keyboards.

Google Talk is no longer in the Play Store. Hasn't been for a while.

Sent from my DarthStalker-Powered SGH-T999 via Tapatalk 2

ticojpunk

Aug 29, 2011
New City, NY
Son of a... I just had to search to check that. When was it removed? I had no idea.

It's been a few months at least I think. Maybe Google is phasing it out for all their Hangout stuff.

Either way the inverted Talk is fine. I guess the Aroma installer gives you inverted no matter which one you specify.

Sent from my DarthStalker-Powered SGH-T999 via Tapatalk 2

famandeggs

Oct 31, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Try this version of Google Talk, not sure if it's inverted/themed, as I don't use Google Talk. I just pulled from my Axis zip.

https://www.box.com/s/ax6lark6wj6bzegv4pm6

Reactions: ticojpunk

mgbotoe

Man..I love jovy work but having 2/3/4 different thread of the same base is grrrrrrr cause they go dead after 1/2 release -.-
I thought he had rl issues but just busted out 4.1.2 seperate thread that could have been a great update for darth.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

guess time to go flash it :)

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

A friend of mine got the new HTC One phone a few days ago and I was looking at it today. I must admit it's a nice phone. I ran quadrant on it and got a score of 9133 and it's stock. If it had a micro SD slot, replaceable battery. and bigger display I might get one. Sure had the engine though. I was surprised it was only running 4.1.2. It also made me a bit jealous since he is on AT&T LTE and was getting 40 down and 30 up compared to my 12 and 3. I guess my battery life will be better. I wonder how the S4 will compare?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium
And hey welcome back, just in main you had some health issues and phone issue...glad both are fixed now :)

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
Man..I love jovy work but having 2/3/4 different thread of the same base is grrrrrrr cause they go dead after 1/2 release -.-
I thought he had rl issues but just busted out 4.1.2 seperate thread that could have been a great update for darth.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

guess time to go flash it :)

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

And hey welcome back, just in main you had some health issues and phone issue...glad both are fixed now :)

I know. There are too many random 4.1.2 roms popping up at the same time. The frusterating part is that they all have nearly the same features but each one offers like 1 or 2 things that the others dont.. Instead of multiple roms, Jovy should put his skills to the test and create one "ultimate rom' that will be the go to rom since he is the best accompolished dev on the t999. Much like Darthstalker was for 4.1.1. We dont need the rest of the roms, just an updated version of DarthStalker.

On a side note, several other roms where just updated too like HyperDrive which looks incredible. Although its a port, i think im going to try it. It would be awsome of these roms can just get rebuilt with the Tmobile base.

Araltd

Jan 30, 2010
USA
What is the best method for upgrading a 32gb card to a 64gb card?

I bit the bullet and bought a Samsung 64gb UHS-1 class 10 card. I'm currently running DSX2, what is the best method for using this card? Special formatting? Etc...

I've read some people claim only format in the phone. Other posts say format using the PC and "xyz" software.

Some say fat## or exfat or some other method I don't understand.

Bottom line, what is the best method for using a 64gb card? Any special formatting or specific file format?

Help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Galaxy S3, DarthStalker ROM & Kinetic Pulse Kernel.. Perfection.

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
What is the best method for upgrading a 32gb card to a 64gb card?

I bit the bullet and bought a Samsung 64gb UHS-1 class 10 card. I'm currently running DSX2, what is the best method for using this card? Special formatting? Etc...

I've read some people claim only format in the phone. Other posts say format using the PC and "xyz" software.

Some say fat## or exfat or some other method I don't understand.

Bottom line, what is the best method for using a 64gb card? Any special formatting or specific file format?

Help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

I say just take the old one out and put the new one in and let the phone format it.

Araltd

Jan 30, 2010
USA
I say just take the old one out and put the new one in and let the phone format it.

You can't do that, we'll I couldn't do that, because my rooted rom wouldn't see or mount the card. I had to format it Fat32 on my pc first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I figured I would start this thread so that we can move all the non-development talk out of the development section. I hope people will use it so that when something that pertains to development is talked about it will be easier to find. We can discuss what kernels gives best battery life, which ones work and which one break things. We can post about our favorite apps, widgets, wallpapers, or how the weather is outside. Maybe someone will get help on an issue they are having. We can discuss anything within the guidelines of XDA, lets just try to help keep Jovy's thread clean.

I'll start, has anyone had an issue when coming out of sleep the screen is dim and you have to go into brightness and tap it to make it work? I think maybe I set my clock frequency to low or maybe I should be using a different governor. Another issue that bugs me is when I have ripple effect set and use a black background for my lockscreen the borders of the screen look slightly grey. I have read posts about this and by turning off ripple effect the color is like it should be. I like the ripple effect and I like black backgrounds, does anyone know about a fix for this, or does anyone notice this issue on their phone.

Here's the link to the Darthstalker ROM if you read this post and want to check out the actual ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2014442

I am not the developer of this ROM, all credit for this great ROM goes to jovy23 and those he's listed in his OP.

~ Todd

Sent from my AT100 using xda premium
    Man, the development thread is going downhill dude. Can't type a single thing without someone putting their red eye on you.

That is the exact reason I created this thread. The last time when the new update was going to drop there was so much noise in the dev thread that it was hard to follow. The development thread should only be for development topics and feedback on bugs people find and this thread is for everything else. I read this thread looking for comments on what mod are working, what kernels are people using, etc...... I read the Dev thread looking for bugs people are experiencing, updates from jovy,etc..... I just hope that jovy doesn't get pissed off from some of the comments in the dev thread and stop working on it. I used to run frosty ROM until dj quit working on it because some people were being rude/ungrateful and he shut it down. I don't blame anyone who is doing something for free and gets insulted because something isn't right. I know I can't do what these guys provide for us for free and I am grateful they provide something that makes our phones better. If I wanted stock phone I would have bought an iPhone. Rules are rules, not that they are all good, but when you're in someone else's house you follow their rules good or bad and if people would understand this it wouldn't be so frustrating. Problem is the trolls that want to flame threads just to get reactions and they are good at it. It's the internet and it's easy to be a internet tough guy.

Sent from my AT100 using xda premium
    Naw stock everything. I use ROM toolbox pro to uninstall system apps but I guess it is damaging something in the process ... I'll manually remove and then push non inverted gmail

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
    I use RU Pro (Root uninstaller pro) to uninstall it or just rename to Gmail2.bak.. and i manually pushed the Gmail2.apk I like. I have done it to all of Jovys ROM .. I have tried many different themed Gmail .. ver 4.2.1 and 4.1. I like this transparent better . Here . Just re-name
    and push ..
    Does anyone have a flashable (zip) stock kernel?
    I have looked and looked with no luck, I mean I can always just re flash the rom, but wanted to explore other alternatives first.

Thanks for creating this thread btw.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Here's a link to the stock kernel, you can experiment and flash this back if needed...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33326881

Hey guys been using this ROM for awile. I recently flashed a 4.2 ROM and know my GPS won't lock on I had made a back up before flashing ROM and reverted back to backup after I decided to switch back to this rom. Any suggestions on how to fix?

This is what I followed to get my GPS back. It does work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2111306