[STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY

Search This thread

techsomatic

Dec 30, 2009
Windows 7 64bit

I had the same problem with odin not finding the phone and then I ended up getting the exclamation in between a phone and pc logo "brick" screen, however I ended up taking my recently installed windows 7 64bit system and putting 32 bit on the pc once I did that I went by the first page download the 32 bit drivers and odin and then removed battery and sim I plugged phone in and held down both volume up and down and then inserted the battery it was seen immediately and allowed me to flash stock captivate. My phone is now stock like day one I will say that I then tried updating over the air to update-1 and it failed at 50%... So moral of the story is windows 7 64bit seems to be the culprit in all of this.

Rhiannon224

Aug 11, 2010
FL
I had the same problem with odin not finding the phone and then I ended up getting the exclamation in between a phone and pc logo "brick" screen, however I ended up taking my recently installed windows 7 64bit system and putting 32 bit on the pc once I did that I went by the first page download the 32 bit drivers and odin and then removed battery and sim I plugged phone in and held down both volume up and down and then inserted the battery it was seen immediately and allowed me to flash stock captivate. My phone is now stock like day one I will say that I then tried updating over the air to update-1 and it failed at 50%... So moral of the story is windows 7 64bit seems to be the culprit in all of this.

I have no problem using Windows 7 64 bit. Use the mini kies for the jh7 update, the OTA is a known problem and will fail if you have done any mods to your phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

d0tapr0

Oct 17, 2010
HELP

help after i using the one click downloader... my phone cant even turn on...
it keep restarting and stucked at a screen writing 'at&t world phone'

crupp

Oct 7, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
OK, I can not figure out master clear, yes I can read. Could someone explain to me how to perform a master clear...without referring to the OP.

I would really appreciate it. I have to undo a lag fix and has far as I know this is the only way. thanks

hashish16

Jul 28, 2010
This is as far as I get, can anyone help?

<ID:0/008> Added!!
<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
<ID:0/008> File analysis..
<ID:0/008> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/008> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!

Then it is just stuck.

*edit fixed it. Decided to unplug it and got the phone-!-computer screen so I did method three to get into download mode and now it worked. Phew!

Last edited:

hosein_artist

Oct 18, 2010
help after i using the one click downloader... my phone cant even turn on...
it keep restarting and stucked at a screen writing 'at&t world phone'

hi buddy we are in same boat .please help us. before doing this i could have my phone in downloading and recovery mode but now i have at&t on my screen and odin cant find my phone .what should i do?please help i bought it 1 month ago .

Zetalai

Aug 17, 2010
You guys are flashing I9000 phones with CAPTIVATE roms......

designgears Please add back the warning "NOT FOR I9000", many people don't recognize they are different
Since the removal of the warning people are bricking their phones

Last edited:

kamots

Jun 28, 2010
Atlanta
OK, I can not figure out master clear, yes I can read. Could someone explain to me how to perform a master clear...without referring to the OP.

I would really appreciate it. I have to undo a lag fix and has far as I know this is the only way. thanks

go to your settings>applications and make sure debugging is checked. then open odin one click, plug usb into phone. ( other end should already be plugged into comp) once odin recognizes your phone click master clear. wait for it to do its thing and the green pass comes up. after it says pass succeed 1/ fail o unplug phone and it will reboot. when that is done, viola you internal memory card will be back to 13.43gb.:D

as far as the lagfix goes, which lag fix are you using?

kamots

Jun 28, 2010
Atlanta
i am thinking about switching to sheps themed rom, but i think that it uses an i9000 kernel. I though i read in here:confused: that odin one click did not work with i9000 . did i dream that? or was it fixed. just wondering since i use odin one click all the time to go back to stockjf6.

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
i am thinking about switching to sheps themed rom, but i think that it uses an i9000 kernel. I though i read in here:confused: that odin one click did not work with i9000 . did i dream that? or was it fixed. just wondering since i use odin one click all the time to go back to stockjf6.

you dreamed that. odin doesnt care what rom is on your phone. as long as you can get into download mode, odin will work

systemgeek

Oct 4, 2010
Cannot re-root phone now

I had my ATT SGH-i897 rooted and running a version of Cog2.2 beta (one with the corporate email problems). So I used Odin3 one click to try to bring me back to original (specifically used I897UCJI6-OCD-REV02-Low-designgears.exe). This ran fine and I did a master clear fine.

Now I see my phone is running Froyo 2.2 basband of I897UCJI6.

When I try to root my phone again using the one click root/unroot I get an error about the file being unsigned and cannot get it to work. This is the same error I got when I wanted to upgrade from one version of cog2.2 beta to another.

Looking on line I found posts that says this is a problem when you phone is running Froyo 2.2 and the solution is to go back to 2.1 then re-root and all the rest.

So how do I do this??? I was under the impression that Odin3 would bring me back to 2.1 so i could re-root.

Personally I do not care if I have to go back to 2.1 before I can root again or if there is a way for me to root the phone right now. I just want to get it rooted so I can install cog2.2 betaXX.

Thanks,
Louis

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
I had my ATT SGH-i897 rooted and running a version of Cog2.2 beta (one with the corporate email problems). So I used Odin3 one click to try to bring me back to original (specifically used I897UCJI6-OCD-REV02-Low-designgears.exe). This ran fine and I did a master clear fine.

Now I see my phone is running Froyo 2.2 basband of I897UCJI6.

When I try to root my phone again using the one click root/unroot I get an error about the file being unsigned and cannot get it to work. This is the same error I got when I wanted to upgrade from one version of cog2.2 beta to another.

Looking on line I found posts that says this is a problem when you phone is running Froyo 2.2 and the solution is to go back to 2.1 then re-root and all the rest.

So how do I do this??? I was under the impression that Odin3 would bring me back to 2.1 so i could re-root.

Personally I do not care if I have to go back to 2.1 before I can root again or if there is a way for me to root the phone right now. I just want to get it rooted so I can install cog2.2 betaXX.

Thanks,
Louis

see the first post in this thread?

yeah, you need to download that version of ODIN if you want to go back to stock 2.1
stock 2.1 is JF6 ECLAIR and not JI6 FROYO
there are also other methods of rooting in 2.2, like the super oneclick that can be found in these forums. the 2.1 rooting one click DOES NOT work with 2.2 as has been documented many times in these forums.

as always it is suggested that you read and comprehend what you are doing before just jumping in, but alas, that always falls on deaf ears.

mbradley672

Oct 21, 2010
Chesterfield, VA
To those of you having troubles with this and try everything make shure your plugging in to a usb port directly on the motherboard i was plugging into a port on the front of my case and it wouldent allow me to do anything

I feel even noobyer than i am lol

and i'm a day one n00b

Last edited:

shinji257

How long does it take once it shows "do not turn off target" in odin?

EDIT: Nevermind. I disconnected the phone, exited odin, turned off the phone (pulled battery), reentered download mode, and this time loaded odin in xp sp3 compat mode. Worked right away. Now I'm back to stock. At this point I'm going to re-root, install rom manager again, and restore my nandroid backup.

Last edited:

ZaCaptivate

Oct 16, 2010
EDIT: I'm yet another living example of why noobs should learn to use the search tool on here

Last edited:

woody1

May 2, 2010
Atlanta
Sorry if this has already been answered, but are the Windows drivers on the first post necessary if Kies is installed on the PC?

Gordoman11

Oct 23, 2010
Can you update OTA

I have just used odin3 start featur to get my Captivate back to the factory settings. I went to update it downloaded started to install and an error came up and said it was not installed. is this a common problem.

r9999

Oct 22, 2010
brick or unbrick samsung captivate :( help me!

hello, as I have a problem with the update, because of a bad update bricked my phone stay, I appeared on my cell X! X (cell. ...!.... pc) ... odin3 so that you use to restore it and all good, until I odin stuck in the process BSL.BIN

later, disconnect it when I was in the process of restoration shown me some codes in red and black screen ....... achieved after several hours of getting into download mode, but try with odin3, after 1 hour on the phone I get an orange screen, and it scared me off and turn it off: S

not much about ROMS, or flash, because if I'm in this is necessarily for wanting to save my phone, so do not know what rom I have, only that I have my captivate drivers (windows 7 64 bit) and I have the odin installed but dont know what else I need: (

spartan062984

Oct 8, 2010
hello, as I have a problem with the update, because of a bad update bricked my phone stay, I appeared on my cell X! X (cell. ...!.... pc) ... odin3 so that you use to restore it and all good, until I odin stuck in the process BSL.BIN

later, disconnect it when I was in the process of restoration shown me some codes in red and black screen ....... achieved after several hours of getting into download mode, but try with odin3, after 1 hour on the phone I get an orange screen, and it scared me off and turn it off: S

not much about ROMS, or flash, because if I'm in this is necessarily for wanting to save my phone, so do not know what rom I have, only that I have my captivate drivers (windows 7 64 bit) and I have the odin installed but dont know what else I need: (

Try reading this Link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=8772923&posted=1#post8772923

I know it is somewhat Indirect, but there is a purpose for it. That person shares the same fate as you and a few others here. It would be wise for them to take a glance at that as well.

"When all else fails......The One must return to the Source...." <----plus 9,000 for those who can guess its origin. :D

Good Luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: "MASTER CLEAR" WILL WIPE YOUR BUILT-IN STORAGE!
    I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.

What is this?:
    If you see the "phone+!+computer" screen, you need this! If you deleted something you shouldn't have and can't get it back on your phone, this is probably your best bet. This is the Odin3 One-Click Downloader for restoring your phone from a completely software bricked state, or for whatever purpose you see fit to use it for. You don't have to change any settings, it is all pre-packaged and ready to go.

If this has helped you out, please consider buying me a beer!

How to use:

1. Download and install the correct drivers below (mac and linux don't need drivers)
    2. Plug in your usb cable to your phone and computer
    3. Open Odin
    4. Enter Download Mode (see below)
    5. Click Start
    6. Be Patient, the first boot will take a while

How to use Master Clear:

1. Boot your phone up normally with usb debugging on
    2. Click Master Clear

How to enter download mode:
    Method 1:(ADB - from recovery or normally booted with usb debugging on)
    1. Open a cmd prompt/console/shell
    2. adb shell
    3. adb reboot download
    Method 2:(KEY COMBO)
    • Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
    Method 3:(KEY COMBO)
    • Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold both Volume buttons (from i9000 just down, don't touch the power button)
    • Plug in the USB cable and continue holding both Volume buttons

Drivers:
    Windows 64bit
    Windows 32bit

I897UCJF6 - Odin3 One-Click Downloader:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0w2y31maz8mdom4
    http://www.multiupload.com/XAZUYNXSC1

The internal beta's are NOT one-click, please read the linked threads
    UPDATE: I897UCJH2 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here

UPDATE: I897UCJH3 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here
    I uploaded this on my Fileserve account if anyone needs a working link:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/emnCn2j
    Did it stay on "File analysis" for a long time?

if you're getting that, quit and unplug the phone, take out the battery so it's completely dead (and take out the sim card while you're at it)

then put back just the battery and put the phone into download mode (volume down + power)

then run odin and THEN plug in the phone. you have to do it in the right order otherwise it gets stuck on file analysis. go figure.
    Right-clicked the app and chose "Run as administrator"? I can't think of anything else other than to try CP3P0LOL's odin 2.1 package, which is safer anyway, because it includes the 3 button combo fix.

Tried the administrator route... no go. I'll give the other way a shot tomorrow since I've got an early start to the day.

Thanks!
    Your phone is likely not bricked. Get or create a jig to get your phone into download mode.

The rest is easy: running the Odin package in this thread, rooting your phone, and installing CWM are all the steps you need to install CyanogenMod.

The root files and CWM files are attached for when you reach that point. Each should be renamed to update.zip and placed in the SD card root directory of your phone. Reboot into recovery (easiest is via adb reboot recovery but that requires a fair amount of configuration to get working) and select the reinstall packages option both times; root first, then CWM.

You don't need to root first, just use the cwm zip then flash whatever Rom you want, the Rom will be rooted, rooting before installing cwm to simply flash a Rom is like wiping before you poop