[INFO] XXJVK with or with-out bootloaders [Find the answer here]

Search This thread

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
Hey Ramad,

I have a little question : a few firmwares on Samfirmware have these files in PDA : sbl.bin, boot.bin and param.lfs. I have heard that these files can brick our phone.
Can i delete them without changing anything in the PDA and flash through Odin ?
Thanks for helping me.

Sorry for my bad english.

They will not brick your device, there is a picture on post #1, you can see more than 16.000 downloads and right now it's more than 18.000 , did you read any post where anybody said that the bootloaders did brick his device?

If you don't want to flash the firmware that updates the bootloaders then download the firmware that is without bootloaders from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1011901 and you will be fine.

Good luck :)

Reactions: needhelp11

needhelp11

Nov 21, 2010
Thank you but in fact, i don't intend to flash to 2.3.3. Can i send you a message to talk about my question please ? because i think i will be off topic if i continue on this thread.

Thanks again.

tommaazz

Jul 26, 2009
Hi. Sorry for being a noob...but i want to know which file i have to use with bootloader or without? My phone is completely stock and i have one of the earliest roms with eclair on it. So which file i have to use...i can enter recovery and boot mode so the pone and sim are not locked. Thanks for helping.

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
Thank you but in fact, i don't intend to flash to 2.3.3. Can i send you a message to talk about my question please ? because i think i will be off topic if i continue on this thread.

Thanks again.

Sure... :)

Hi. Sorry for being a noob...but i want to know which file i have to use with bootloader or without? My phone is completely stock and i have one of the earliest roms with eclair on it. So which file i have to use...i can enter recovery and boot mode so the pone and sim are not locked. Thanks for helping.

Which firmware do you want to flash JVK Gingerbread?

rohem

Apr 28, 2007
Update Galaxy I9000B - Operator Claro in Brazil

Can I use this ROM to Update I9000B device from Claro in Brazil?

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
[Ramad],

Not trying to confuse people, cm7 and MIUI require 2.2 bootloaders even though the firmware is 2.3.3.

So if you are from Samsung rom like xxjvk or jv1 and going to cm7 or MIUI, you will encounter screen tearing as well. Downgrade to a 2.2 with bootloaders will eliminate the tearing.

Hope you can include this info as well.

P/S: As always, thanks for sharing this with the users here. :)

Sent from my GT-I9000

Yes, you told me about that last time.. I don't know if these costume firmwares have the informations you mentioned on there threads.

Mar 17, 2011
I want to ask some basic thing.if i want to flash to the new firmware,not GB one,like 2.2.1 or any custom ROMs,it is better with bootloader or not ?

Because now,i do not flash yet to any other custom roms because i just bought my sgs and it is still in stock firmware. 2.2 Froyo.

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
Yes i would like to flash jvk gingerbread. How can i flash custom roms is that the same procedure as stock firmwares?

Please ask the guy responsible for that costume ROM.

I want to ask some basic thing.if i want to flash to the new firmware,not GB one,like 2.2.1 or any custom ROMs,it is better with bootloader or not ?

Because now,i do not flash yet to any other custom roms because i just bought my sgs and it is still in stock firmware. 2.2 Froyo.

Don't flash a firmware that contains bootloaders unless that you have too, we have to flash the Gingerbread firmware with bootloaders the first time or we will not be able to enter recovery would have graphics corruptions.

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
Please ask and post only if you have questions related to the topic of the first post, this thread is about Gingerbread and it's bootloaders.

You can search the forum for all the questions many of you have asked, and they all have been answerd many times before, I'm sorry but this thread must stay on topic.

mkk1971

Dec 3, 2010
İstanbul
bootloaders update my phone for the first time in a 3D image is corrupt "phone update bootloaders"Did he marked?

sorry for bad english google translation for

dan 6a

May 20, 2010
Ramad : I think you have cured my frustration! I posted this in the turbo gingerbread MOD.

Ok, I have a question, I installed stock JVK (odin), booted up, transferred ZIP to root directory on phone, loaded k13d (odin) when into CWM and installed the turbo zip...

All works fine BUT I cannot get into CWM anymore, just recovery 3e.. I have done this process twice and need help to get CWM working, in 3e recovery if I select update zip it says

E: failed to verify whole file signature
E: signature verification failed

Can someone link direct to what kernel works after flashing to JVK, i saw someone mention 'damiens kernel is the only 2.3 but I also saw that on the rom kitchen k13d. Please help me,as I only have CWM to install ROM and then i lose the ability to..

this phone is my third sgs i9000 and havent had problems over the last year with this stuff until now..

In short please link kernel that works and holds even after installing tutbo 2.3

cheers

Is this because I didnt use a bootloader?? If I load with a bootloader then flash a kernel will it keep CMW or will I lose the ability after I use CMW to flash a ROM?

dan 6a

May 20, 2010
I just downloaded the bootloader link and there is only code, modem csc files, I thought there would have been a 4th file to put into boot loader box? in post one there is no file you have put in bootloader, can you clear this confusion up :)

I have a feeling im going to get this all working soon, I await your replies man :) thanks again!

Ignore the underlined bit, I realised the boot loader was part of the CODE, Odin confused me with the bootloader box. Is there times where you do your Bootloader, Code, modem and SCS boxes, like all 4 of them?

Last edited:

dan 6a

May 20, 2010
****s sake, my problem is isolated to just me. My other i9000GT doesn't lose CWM its just this newer device :(

I thought ODIN reset it completely what else can I try, I thought the bootloader thing was the illusive problem fixer for this :( but Im still losing CWM after loading a ROM :( Any idea's anyone

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
****s sake, my problem is isolated to just me. My other i9000GT doesn't lose CWM its just this newer device :(

I thought ODIN reset it completely what else can I try, I thought the bootloader thing was the illusive problem fixer for this :( but Im still losing CWM after loading a ROM :( Any idea's anyone
CWM is not working on stock JVK, no matter whether you update bootloader our not. Only using a hacked kernel on to of your JVK will give you CWM back.

Sent from my galaxy using the xda app

g00ndu

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Yes, you told me about that last time.. I don't know if these costume firmwares have the informations you mentioned on there threads.
No. In fact the latest victim is the lmgify guy (aka pacoferet :D) who was on jvk rom and he wanted to go back to cm7, he got his screen teared. I didn't read in details but seems like other users sent him the wrong thing for him to flash back to 2.2 bootloaders.

2.3.x bootloaders is needed for 2.3.x rom. No issue of screen tearing when user downgrade to 2.2.1 Samsung rom (this i can confirm).

2.2 bootloaders is needed for 2.2 roms. Issue of screen tearing when user upgrade to 2.3.x Samsung rom (this was reported by several users, hence you came up with this thread)
2.2 bootloaders is needed for cm7 and miui rom. Issue of screen tearing when user tries to flash with 2.3.x rom (also reported by me :D)

Hope it clears up the confusion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before you read any further:
    This thread will not discuss fixing Download Mode on effected mobile phones.
    This thread will not discuss any method on flashing bootloaders only.
    This thread will not discuss anything beside bootloaders of XXJVK and why they are needed in some cases.

Please keep the thread clean and stay on topic, thanks :)

Why did I write this:
    I have been across many threads, including the XXJVK firmware thread, and I did read many posts by members asking on which firmware to flash, if it should be the one with bootloaders included or the one without.

I did also find a post telling our members to flash the bootloaders only and not the whole firmware.

I would like to clear some things up for our members and why there is 2 versions, one with bootloaders and one without bootloaders.

Why 2 versions:
    If you flash the firmware without bootloaders when your device have been running only Froyo and have not flashed the Gingerbread beta XWJV1 before, then your device is still using the old bootloaders and you will notice the followings:

* Graphics corruption during boot.
    * The device will not be able to enter Recovery Mode.

Just to make it easy to understand, please look below:
    XXJVK firmware with-out bootloaders + Froyo/Eclair bootloaders on device = Graphics/Screen corruption + Can't enter Recovery Mode

XXJVK firmware with-out bootloaders + XWJV1(GB Beta) bootloaders on device = OK!

XWJV1(GB Beta) firmware with-out bootloaders + XXJVK bootloaders on device = OK!

Froyo firmware with-out bootloaders + XXJVK or XWJV1(GB Beta) bootloaders on device = OK!

After the device has been updated to the new bootloaders by flashing the firmware with bootloaders, then it will work with any firmware, and you don't have to flash the firmware with bootloaders again, this is why there is 2 versions, because bootloaders flash can be risky, the package that does not include bootloaders is for those that have already flashed a full XWJV1 or a full XXJVK with bootloaders included, may need/like to re-flash, or for those that only want to try the new firmware.

Why not flashing bootloaders alone:
    Flashing bootloaders is risky, this is why when the XXJVK with bootloaders has been repackaged then it was repackaged so 2 files will be flashed prior to bootloaders, so if there is a bad connection between the PC and the phone or with Odin by any chance, then Odin is far from touching boot sectors, and by that a member can have a good flash even while flashing a full firmware with bootloaders included.

I don't advice to flash bootloaders only, if there is a bad connection or Odin hangs by any chance, then you have nothing but a paper-weight nice-looking-dead-device on your desk.

My question is: Do you see any thread or a post in this forum that stats a bricked or a dead device after 16000+ downloads and then take the risk of flashing bootloaders only?
    2j1q7wi.jpg

Note:
    This thread is not intended for showing or discussing methods on how to flash bootloaders only, but about informing the members of the new bootloaders and what firmware XXJVK version to choose and why.

If you plan to discuss other methods on flashing bootloaders then make your own thread where you can take responsibility for it.
    @Ramad, thanks for this information. Do we know for certain whether Samsung have 'locked' these new bootloaders like they did with the Galaxy Tab ones or can you flash back to a 2.2.1 Rom with no problems after flashing the Gingerbread bootloaders?

The bootloaders are not locked and will not prevent the device from flashing or using older releases(Froyo/Eclair), I have tested the new bootloaders with both Froyo and Eclair and they worked fine.
    Hey Ramad,

I have a little question : a few firmwares on Samfirmware have these files in PDA : sbl.bin, boot.bin and param.lfs. I have heard that these files can brick our phone.
    Can i delete them without changing anything in the PDA and flash through Odin ?
    Thanks for helping me.

Sorry for my bad english.

They will not brick your device, there is a picture on post #1, you can see more than 16.000 downloads and right now it's more than 18.000 , did you read any post where anybody said that the bootloaders did brick his device?

If you don't want to flash the firmware that updates the bootloaders then download the firmware that is without bootloaders from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1011901 and you will be fine.

Good luck :)
    Ramad,

I wanted to downgrade to foroyyo from gingerbread. i searched the one with bootloaders (to upgrade to MIUI) and found I9000UGKC1 (your post). I didnot notice that it was for gt-i9000M. I flashed it and the phone does not open. However download mode works. I tried to flash another foroyyo without bootloader (GT_I9000_JVJPJ_JXJPF_OJVJPF). The phone does not open either. Download mode works.

Can I ask you to upload a foroyyo with bootloader (repackaged by you and safe) ? I tried to find in the forum but i could not.

Will be very greatfull. Thanks in advance.

Hi

I have XWJS8 with Froyo bootloaders here: Download, just make a factory reset after flashing it then flash to any firmware that you like.