hjkl;' why no delete?

Search This thread

ChimeyJimmey

Oct 21, 2008
Just to inform you:

product_infinite_light.gif
Simore Infinite Light has NOT worked for my HTC Sensation with 2.3.4 Android.
No matter what these guys wrote on their site... :(

I tried this crap also on HTC Touch HD with WM6.5 and HTC HD2 Leo with custom SD card build Android - no luck!

I'm going to try now:

M29CS.jpg
Magic Sim 29th A Cut ultra slim (now compliant up to android 2.3.X)

Will keep you posted once in my hands - next week. ;)

RHOUSMAN

Dec 9, 2010
Hi guys,

I have loads of experience with these things.

Simore is a big bad no no! Terrible service, huge prices and above all else the product sucks!

I use dual sim adapters a lot for customers in my brothers phone shop and we're currently using the updated Magicsim 28th PLUS 'cutting' version.

Its a brilliant product

Beware of the fake "29th gen" it doesn't exist (email magicsim if you want to confirm this).

Anyway i'll give a shoutout to the guy we get ours off "directdevices" on ebay. I don't think he has the 'cutting' versions listed on ebay but if you message him he has them in stock. Honestly couldn't recommend a better service.... over the past year we've bought a lot off him and from the very start his customer service was amazing. Detailed help every step of the way.

Anyway, thats my rant over. I felt compelled to recommend him.

Hope this helps guys. Oh and if anyone has any questions i'm happy to answer what i can. Like i say, i use these things a lot.

Cheers

tengken

May 21, 2009
Sydney
I'm also interested in dual sim but don't want to go down the sim cutting solution.
Btw I just saw this product recently with android support coming soon: Skyroam Gmate, might work out well.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

ChimeyJimmey

Oct 21, 2008
Magic Sim 29th A Cut ultra slim did not work for me either.
Pieces of poodoo! Both this and Infinite.
Phone does not recognize the holder.

Fortunately, even after cutting the SIMs to miniscule bits - they still do work.
With the provided plastic adapters to hold them in place, of course...

RHOUSMAN

Dec 9, 2010
I have it working... Have u tried the alternative metal sleeve? That's what I used.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Ahh the 29th gen doesn't exist so maybe you bought it from an unreliable company? The latest version of the MAGICSIM product is 28th gen PLUS I believe

ChimeyJimmey

Oct 21, 2008
Yes, I tried with the alternate metal sleeve.

It works only on Nokia 6230i where I don't need this... :)

The "unreliable company" is in my post/link. :D

RHOUSMAN

Dec 9, 2010
Hmmm it really does sound like you got something dodgy there. I've got mine from here www.magic-sim.com and its worked fine. Plus it was a fantastic personable service which is rare these days.

Anyway, hope this helps

Reactions: ChimeyJimmey

GLO

Jul 23, 2007
Sydney
I went to that Ebay seller located in Sydney Australia, bought 2 sim cut versions and I couldnt get either to work.

the sim software was recognised but the sims were not. I tried with Voda, and Telstra Sims.

I also tried the non cut version (originally for the iphone3GS and again, it would see the software but not the sims.

I was really keen to get it to work after reading some had success here!

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I contacted magicsim, they have said the 29th edition ones are fake, and even some fakes have the original packaging, to be on the safe side, buy from magicsim direct, as for dual sim android phone, motorola sells them in china along with cheap china brand.

GLO

Jul 23, 2007
Sydney
you need to make sure they are the current MAGICSIMs! I ended up with 1 clone and 1 genuine one. read the reviews of the seller and the item. Also read the descriptions carefully.

sorry you had a bad experience. Did you use an eraser and clean all the contacts on the sims? and the adapters? I used the heavier one of the sim covers to keep the sims in for a better contact between the adapter and sims.

did you try the adapter in other phones?

These were the 28th version. I also tried in a HTC tytn ii wm6.5 no luck

Are you saying this seller sold you both a genuine and fake ones?

I also tried the non cut one too but couldn't fit it under the battery cover properly. And all 4 antenna contacts were not touching and so my XE showed no signal.

Ifor the cutting version I used the heavier sim cover and. Wiped down the contacts with a cloth. Note that the cut sim (single) adapter showed that the Vodafone sim still worked on its own but the Telstra one didn't.

I can visit the seller again tommorrow if you think there's still a chance I can get it to work.

Last edited:

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
you have to go for the 28th plus version, not 28th.

buy direct from the magicsim, and you're sure to get the genuine version and not fakes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hjkl;' why no delete?
    Hmmm it really does sound like you got something dodgy there. I've got mine from here www.magic-sim.com and its worked fine. Plus it was a fantastic personable service which is rare these days.

Anyway, hope this helps
    I'm using the galaxy nexus, and it works pretty well, maybe the phone does not have the right BT profile, but i could be wrong.

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

I have an issue with Gmate Bluetooth device. My Sensation recognized it perfectly, all the updates went fine. But when I try to make a call, it tries it and immediately drops the call. That's it. Anybody has a good or bad experience with such a devices? Please, share.

Regards,

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

I see you are using a custom rom, maybe you should try a stock rom.
    What could be the REAL reason ? Wrong BT profile ? Which BT profiles are necessary for Gmate to work ?

I wont say it's a wrong BT profile, lets just say your phone may not have the BT profile that the Gmate requires, but thats just my guess, if you have another android phone to test it out, that will be the best.

Whiles that being said, is there anyone in this forum that has a HTC and Gmate that can confirm compatibility.

For example, iphone does not allow you to use a BT headphone at the sametime with the Gmate connected, but samsung phones you can, i'm using the galaxy nexus and while Gmate is connected, i can also use a BT headset with AVRCP, but now i'm using my sony MDR EX600 plugged into the phone socket and using the Gmate and the sony ericsson liveview at the sametime without any problem.