Asus widget ports tested on CM9 TP

Search This thread

belle-etoile

Nov 4, 2010
London
Thanks for this! I installed a new ROM on my Transformer Prime and was really missing the Asus email widget, this is just what I was looking for and worked perfectly :D

CXENTE

Oct 1, 2011
HOUSTON
Per request Im posting some Asus native widgets:

I have some more Asus native apps/widgets/wallpapers - if anyone wants let me know.

Thank you very much... They work great on my G slate, wheres the wallpapers at :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335130385444.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335130385444.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 771

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
Anybody know how to keep these when flashing a new CM9 nightly? The weather one can be installed like a regular apk since it doesn't replace a system app, but others that replace system apps cannot be and it looks like they get overwritten by the next rom flash. Do I have to place a copy of the apk somewhere else, I was thinking of trying /data/app since thats where updated system apps like Google Play updates go, while the older apk stays in /system.

tong6998

Apr 13, 2012
Ludlow, MA
Anybody know how to keep these when flashing a new CM9 nightly? The weather one can be installed like a regular apk since it doesn't replace a system app, but others that replace system apps cannot be and it looks like they get overwritten by the next rom flash. Do I have to place a copy of the apk somewhere else, I was thinking of trying /data/app since thats where updated system apps like Google Play updates go, while the older apk stays in /system.

Due to your same question, I actually made a folder in my download folder and called it Asus, I keep a copy of all of the ones I use in there so that when I do flash the nightly's or any updates, I can get back to the way I was setup in no time. Yes i do redo it every time manually (except the ones with signed apk's.)

Now I wish they had made a calendar app/widget that looked and worked the same as the rest of theirs, that would make my homescreen absolutely perfect.

cdzo72

You simply put them in the /system/app folder of the zip archive before flashing

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tong6998

mistabelmont

Apr 9, 2012
Thank you very much... They work great on my G slate, wheres the wallpapers at :)

as requested

For jpegs i use "HP Touchpad Wallpaper Applier" - I think its in the market. For apk - normal installation, asterwards select it under live wallpapers.

Attachments

• MyWater2.apk
    3.5 MB · Views: 170
  • asus_dark.jpg
    asus_dark.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 509
  • asus_default.jpg
    asus_default.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 512
  • asus_firstsnow.jpg
    asus_firstsnow.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 443
  • asus_dusk.jpg
    asus_dusk.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 447
  • asus_daybreak.jpg
    asus_daybreak.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

mistabelmont

Apr 9, 2012
Not sure if this one was posted. Its a little tricky to get it to work on TP - when selecting it from live wallpapers you have to hit 'set wallpaper' before preview is finished loading otherwise it FC. However, once wp is set it works fine with no crashes.

Attachments

• MyWater_signed.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
Reactions: nickster1

K1215H

Apr 29, 2012
Has any one had problems with the Asus email widget after updating to the latest cm9 official nightly (28/04/2012)?

The widget no longer works for me. All the other Asus Widgets work.

CXENTE

Oct 1, 2011
HOUSTON
Has any one had problems with the Asus email widget after updating to the latest cm9 official nightly (28/04/2012)?

The widget no longer works for me. All the other Asus Widgets work.

Just copy them back to system/apps. . When i update to a new build, on my g slate. . They stop working also.. So just copy them back on there.. Solved....

cvcduty

Feb 24, 2011
Holly
Thanks.

I got it working good on my CM9 TP as well as the Galaxy S WiFi Player 5.0 with CM9.
Weather widget was bit tricky on the GSP since it was not resized for the 5" screen of the player. I had to change the DPI to 120 temporarily to save the settings and go back to my 190 DPI setting. Other than that, everything works great.
I did post a link to this thread at the XDA GSP forum for anyone wanting to use these widgets on their players.

So thanks from me and anyone from the other forum that might end up using these widgets... :)

Spinvis

May 24, 2012
Thanks a lot mistabelmont, weather.resized.ics works great on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 running on stock 3.2.

nkymain485

Jan 19, 2011
anyone have any problems changing from Celsius to Fahrenheit? Can't seem to get my widget to change over... thanks for the hard work these Widgets rock

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using XDA

Zanthexter

Sep 14, 2009
Houston
I can get the asus widget to show but not to react to the email program.

It doesn't show email counts from other email apps. For example you won't see an unread count for the Gmail and Yahoo apps. It'll show the total unread, from all accounts together, for anything that uses the Asus Mail app.

Make sure that you've replaced both the existing mail and exchange apps with the Asus versions, as well as adding the widget.

An easy way to be sure that they've been replaced and to "back them up" in one step is to rename the original apps by adding ".old" to the end. Confirm that the name changes stuck, then copy over the Asus replacements. You should then see two Mail and two Exchange, the originals ending in .old.

After copying them over, be sure to manually set the permissions identically to all the other files in that directory.

You will need to redo this after flashing a new ROM/Nightly.

zak_mckraken

Dec 9, 2012
Thanks!

Hi! I just want to thank everybody who helped in this thread. I flashed CM10 (stable nov. 13) on my Asus Transformer TF300T and, even though I'm very happy with the mod, I missed the Asus widgets. I looked for hours for ways to make them work before thumbling on this thread. I was able to install them and make them work on the first try using mistabelmont files and indications.

They're just very neat widgets, but it's small things like this that makes a tablet a great toy! Too bad the email widget doesn't work with gmail. Oh well, small price to pay.

BTW, I'm sure I'm not the only one looking to make them work on modded Asus tablets. This thread should be revived and moved to general! ;)

Thanks again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Per request Im posting some Asus native widgets:

Notes:
    For email to work, copy: Email.apk, EmailWidget.apk and Exchange.apk into system/app dir OVERWRITING exisiting files(backup exisiting apks if you wish). Change permissions to rw-r-r. Reboot. Widget will appear under 'Widgets' section.

For date/time and weather to work, copy: weather.resized.ics.apk and DeskClock.apk into system/app folder. Change permissions to rw-r-r. Reboot. Widget will appear under 'Widgets' section.

For TaskManager to work, copy: taskmanager.apk into system/app folder. Change permissions to rw-r-r. Widget will appear under 'Widgets' section - no need to reboot for this one.

I have some more Asus native apps/widgets/wallpapers - if anyone wants let me know.
    With the weather.resized.ics widget, is there a way to get the weather in fahrenheit instead of Celsius. I try changing it in the options but it doesnt change.

Make sure you're in portrait mode. When you make the change and you will see the save button on the bottom.
    here are a few more:

copy BatteryWidget.apk to your system/app folder, change permissions to rw-r-r, reboot.

Simply install dayscene apk
    move to system/app