[ROM][ICS][v1.1.0 - 6/11/12] Oxygen ROM 3.0.0 (Android 4.0.4)

Search This thread

popdog123

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Hello again!

I present to you Oxygen ROM 3.0.0 (ICS) for LG Optimus One.

Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP rom with only a few added features. I also intend to keep it that way. There will be no added features unless the good people from Oxygen want to add them. The rom is like this for a reason. So requests like "can you add theme manager?", "can it make me coffee?" will be ignored.
As usual, there is no Theme Manager and FM Radio so don't even bother asking.

The rom is for new baseband only!

How to use:

The rom includes an OTA (Over The Air) Update app. This means that you will get a new update whenever it is released and you don't need to download it manually from the download source. You will receive a notification on your phone and you can download the rom and flash it right away. (Requires: internet connection, Google Account for push notifications and custom recovery [I've tested ClockworkMod but others should work as well])
If you flash the rom from the OTA app then (at least with ClockworkMod) it might take a bit more time and it might look frozen. Just give it a bit of time and it will finish and reboot in your new fresh version of the rom.
I've had some issues with CWM 5.0.2.0. My advice is to update your recovery to 5.0.2.7 (new bb)

You can find the download link, issues and change log in the blog: http://oxygen-for-p500.blogspot.com

If you want to submit issues please do so on the Google Code Project Page. Remember to add the label: "Version-ICS" at the bottom of the issue. It should be added by default but in case you don't see it, add it.

Credits:
  • Oxygen Team for the awesome rom
  • CyanogenMod Team for all the patches for low end devices for ICS
  • Code Aurora Forum also for patches and kernel for P500
  • Team M.A.C. for their sources. They should get all the credit for doing the hard work!
  • OTA app courtesy of OTA Update Center
  • Kernel courtesy of LGICS
  • And last but not least: YOU! Thank you for encouraging me and pushing me to continue development on the ROM. Also thank you for the donations that keep the project alive. Nothing could have been done without you, the user.

You can find the sources on my Github.

Enjoy responsibly!

Last edited:

omidreza

Aug 29, 2011
Kerman
thanks popdog...would you mind make a discussion thread in general section for the people who have noob questions like me?

Reactions: spikanor

omidreza

Aug 29, 2011
Kerman
thanks man...my sd card is not partitioned yet...should i partition it before flashing your rom? cause you said it has a2sd script
and also does this rom have all the languages that are present in cm7?

Last edited:
Reactions: spikanor

popdog123

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
If you want to use a2sd (which i recommend due to the small internal storage) then you have to partition the sd card. Otherwise you don't.

Also there are a lot of languages in the rom (don't know how many are in CM) but unfortunately I had to remove dictionaries from the keyboard. So many system languages, but only english dictionary.

Last edited:

Raffy 97

Jul 17, 2011
Verona
If you want to use a2sd (which i recommend due to the small internal storage) then you have to partition the sd card. Otherwise you don't.

Also there are a lot of languages in the rom (don't know how many are in CM) but unfortunately I had to remove dictionaries from the keyboard. So many system languages, but only english dictionary.

Please don't remove : italian, spanish/portuguese, english, German, french..

Inviato dal mio LG-P500 con Tapatalk 2

FitAmp

Mar 21, 2012
Terrace
You are doing a great job, I thank you for your dedication towards oxygen for the p500. Would you recommend this as a daily rom?? If so I will switch over from cm9 to this. I only use my phone for the basics (calls,txt,browsing,no gaming and no video)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

myawan

Dec 18, 2011
Well quite a stable first release, well done! Good battery performance as yet as well. Snappy as expected.
There is small color banding plus I saw 'facelock.apk' in system :eek:
What's the base for kernel?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda

D

dhruv.always

What are the bugs?
OT: There are still decent developers left for optimus one like popdog123!!!

Mr. Kaz

May 27, 2012
Bengaluru
popdog123 !!!! tethering works or not :confused:
what about usb modem ?

why on cm9 roms we don't have the option of staying on WCDMA network only (all cm7 roms had this) ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello again!

I present to you Oxygen ROM 3.0.0 (ICS) for LG Optimus One.

Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP rom with only a few added features. I also intend to keep it that way. There will be no added features unless the good people from Oxygen want to add them. The rom is like this for a reason. So requests like "can you add theme manager?", "can it make me coffee?" will be ignored.
    As usual, there is no Theme Manager and FM Radio so don't even bother asking.

The rom is for new baseband only!

How to use:

The rom includes an OTA (Over The Air) Update app. This means that you will get a new update whenever it is released and you don't need to download it manually from the download source. You will receive a notification on your phone and you can download the rom and flash it right away. (Requires: internet connection, Google Account for push notifications and custom recovery [I've tested ClockworkMod but others should work as well])
    If you flash the rom from the OTA app then (at least with ClockworkMod) it might take a bit more time and it might look frozen. Just give it a bit of time and it will finish and reboot in your new fresh version of the rom.
    I've had some issues with CWM 5.0.2.0. My advice is to update your recovery to 5.0.2.7 (new bb)

You can find the download link, issues and change log in the blog: http://oxygen-for-p500.blogspot.com

If you want to submit issues please do so on the Google Code Project Page. Remember to add the label: "Version-ICS" at the bottom of the issue. It should be added by default but in case you don't see it, add it.

Credits:
    • Oxygen Team for the awesome rom
    • CyanogenMod Team for all the patches for low end devices for ICS
    • Code Aurora Forum also for patches and kernel for P500
    • Team M.A.C. for their sources. They should get all the credit for doing the hard work!
    • OTA app courtesy of OTA Update Center
    • Kernel courtesy of LGICS
    • And last but not least: YOU! Thank you for encouraging me and pushing me to continue development on the ROM. Also thank you for the donations that keep the project alive. Nothing could have been done without you, the user.

You can find the sources on my Github.

Enjoy responsibly!
    good luck getting more users with that attitude

This is what you don't understand... I don't care how MANY users I have since I don't get paid to do this and I don't have any obligation to anyone. *I'll leave a few moments here to let the information sink in*

I only do this for myself: it's a great experience and I get the satisfaction that a few thousand people use my rom.

Now those users come in a few categories:
    • Users that test out and report issues. I am eternally grateful to them and I owe them a few beers for pointing out bugs that I miss and sometimes for finding solutions to them. They are the best kind and I salute them!
    • Users that only use the rom and say nothing. I don't know if they like the rom or not but they use it nonetheless.

And then there's a few other categories:
    • Users that can't read: These users (like yourself) can't follow simple rules and read simple English. These are the majority of users that roam these forums and they are extremely annoying. To save myself from a stroke when reading comments from these users, I imagine them as spoiled 12-year old brats that got their phone for Christmas, installed a custom rom and are now "hackers"...
    • Users that think they are the most important beings on Earth (a derivative of the previous category)
    Now I myself am a notorious douchebag and users on this forum probably figured it out by now. Nonetheless they are still using my work and (many of them) are happy with it. If you are not happy then by all means use whatever rom you like, buy a new phone, cry, whatever floats your boat. But please, don't try to 1-up me because, as you can see, I am going to take some time to write a large comment on this forum telling the world that you are a giant d**k.

Exposure is low in all ICS ROM. The stock rom is better. I dont want all perfect, Great job and rom but this a little bug...simple.

I know what you mean. It's not only in the ICS roms but it's in all custom roms (ones that are not based on stock rom). There's probably nothing to do about it except setting a higher default exposure for the Camera app. But that is really not relevant since you can change it yourself whenever you want. I hope you understand...
    Are you talking about the thanks?
    Well thank you all for thanking me... or something. I know many of those thanks are to rage posts like the ones before so maybe people are thanking me for saying out loud what they are all thinking (just an idea)

Anyway, Oxygen for p500 is soon to be 1 year old, i'm reaching 2000 thanks and downloads are increasing by the day. So big big hug to all of you for sticking with me and for helping me learn all the things about android.

I promised before that i'll be making a noob tutorial for developing android roms. This will happen in the near future. Right now I'm fixing Oxygen and creating Cerebrum ICS. Good things are coming... Cheers!
    Well bugs are submitted on the google code page, other details are on the blog, so just go ahead and ask your questions here. I don't think there's need for a discussion thread.
    Good news: Thanks to some very handy configuration file edit, i am now able to ssh to my server once again but on port 443.
    Development is back...