[Q] Mini M1 (Made in and shipped from China)

Search This thread

rtburk

Jun 11, 2014
Recently I purchased a phone on Ebay that arrived just yesterday from China. It works fine except for a few things. I've only installed about 5 apps and it is now telling me, when I try to install a new app, that there is an error downloading because there is insufficient space. Now, the storage section in settings shows I still have 3.99 GB available out of 4 on internal storage, and 3.92 GB available out of 7.39 on the SD card. How is there insufficient space? I've tried installing different apps to make sure it wasn't just the app I was trying to install. I've tried lots of other things too, like clearing the data/cache. I've rebooted several times as well. Nothing seems to help. I've scoured the internet for some answer, but there does not seem to be an answer that works for this phone.

Here's some information on the phone.

Model number
Mini M1

Android version

Baseband version
MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V1.P9,
2013/12/02 18:22

Kernel version
Thu Apr 24 14:43:31 CST 2014

Build number
ALPS.JB3.MP.V1

Custom build version
M
PeiS230WKCB2R074G2G2K480800K2SM
EN201404241435

I've also been looking around to see if anyone knew a for sure way to root this thing as well as any custom ROMs. I was hoping maybe a custom ROM would cure my issue with the play store.

traceless

Jun 4, 2014
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus Nord
I recently heard about this issue related to Google Play bugs. As I'm not familiar with your device, I'd suggest you the same as you did, like clearing the entire cache of all installed apps (for example with 1 Tap Cleaner). You could also un- and reinstall Google Play or at least delete Google Play data.
Elsewhere on xda, it's suggested to remove and re-add your Google account(s). As you are using your phone just for a short time, you may, if nothing other works, have to factory reset it. I guess this would hopefully fix your issue.

rtburk

Jun 11, 2014
I definitely tried using 1 Tap Cleaner, multiple times. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling updates and such on Google Play as well. I just tried removing and re-adding my Google accounts. No change. That was a new suggestion for once haha. I've factory reset my phone a couple times as well. No change. I really appreciate your help, traceless.

If anyone has any possible way to help me or any more information on this phone than I can find, it would be more than greatly appreciated.

rtburk

Jun 11, 2014
Does anyone think running the cyanogenmod installer on it is alright, even though it says it's an unsupported device?

Sent from my Mini M1 using XDA Free mobile app

rtburk

Jun 11, 2014
Does anyone at least know a rooting process and/or a custom ROM that'll work on a phone with similar specs? I've been trying so hard to unlock this phone's storage more than it seems to be limited to.

frojas74

Oct 5, 2014
same problem - how to unlock / play store fix insufficient space error on a mini m1

I have the exact same problem. I am limited to app downloads of approximately 22mb. Getting an apk manually and installing works without a problem, but despite clearing caches, moving to SD, and other tricks I cannot seem to get play store to deal with apps that require larger downloads. I imagine that the problem has to do with where play store is downloading to, but despite changeing default to sd card, I have had no luck with solving the problem. My guess is that play store is downloading to the root partition rather than the phone storage, but I have also not found a suitable rooting method for these phones, or even a rom that would allow me to check the details
any ideas?

Does anyone at least know a rooting process and/or a custom ROM that'll work on a phone with similar specs? I've been trying so hard to unlock this phone's storage more than it seems to be limited to.