How do I install google apps with Cyanogen mod

Search This thread

eddiepunme

Jan 28, 2011
Cleveland
Newsuaced it

So i put cyanogen on my phone. thought i backed it up...didnt..then it went into a loop..so i went to a friends and put in on my sd and pulled that..but now have no gapps. i downloaded the link above for the zip....so i just extract the files on my phone alone in no folders? and then what? appreciate it

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2011
So i put cyanogen on my phone. thought i backed it up...didnt..then it went into a loop..so i went to a friends and put in on my sd and pulled that..but now have no gapps. i downloaded the link above for the zip....so i just extract the files on my phone alone in no folders? and then what? appreciate it

no need to extract the files. just copy the downloaded zip into your sdcard's root directory.

mjkeliher

Nov 13, 2011
There's an option in Clockwork to disable signature verification. That should get you past this hurdle.

forcrz6

Dec 7, 2011
So here is the way that I found best to do this for everyone that is missing market.

Download the GApps pack from the wiki link that was provided in this thread.
Download Cyano mod for your device.

Once you have this. Put both of the files on to your SD card. DO NOT UNZIP them
Boot your phone in to recovery.
Wipe davik and also the davik cache.
Now install the Cyano mod
Once install boot like normal.
Now that you are booted go to Clockwork Rom Manager
Install ROM from SD card.
Select the Gapps zip file.
Reboot.
WIN. All Gapps are back and market is there.

roberthall22

Sep 19, 2011
i know this is an old thread but had to use my g1
i cant seem to install any apps (device not compatible)
and i have installed the gapps (none of them show up)
can someone advise me what to do?
installed cyanogen 6 (European version)
that went well, just no google apps!

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
You may find better roms than cm6 but that's your choice, I assume you got the source from the cyanogen wiki? Or maybe here in xda? Either way there should be a link to the proper gapps where you downloaded the rom. Id recommend to check out the cyanogen wiki and go to gapps section, pick the one for the dream and froyo and then flash the .zip from recovery, if this what you did then further info is need to help.
Radio/spl, recovery, were did you get the gapps/rom, check the md5sums, etc

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

makis_best

Apr 23, 2009
Hi

it's possible to select what apps I am going to install.
I don't want to install all the apps but only 3 of them

Thank you.

Oct 27, 2012
i have a question, i noticd that theres already a 4.2.2 version of the gapps. in cyanogen, do i just flash the .zip file in the recovery to update the gapps? i have the 4.2.1 version. thanks!

Berties123

May 18, 2012
I cannot get google apps installed either. 5830i, CM& beta 3. Copy zip file onto root of SD, go into CWM, install that gapps file. It seems to work according to the text. I wipe cache, then boot phone. No google icons.

Going into \system\app I cannot see any google apps.

edit got it! Needed to mount \system. Then installed, rebooted and ok! however market icon has the standard white/green system icon, not the play market icon. I'll try doing a reset.

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Older gapps come with older market, it will update on its own

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

Mordephi

Jun 15, 2013
Punta Gorda
Gapps 10.2 LG G2X

Your in the Dream section so I assume you have a dream.
You are using the wrong Gaps. you Need the MDPI not the HDPI.
I recommend the Google Apps (20100816)-tiny
Link is in the wiki above or direct download is
Link Removed Due To new users prevented from posting outside links in their messages

Which Gapps do you recommend for the TMobile LG G2X P999?

Currently running:
gapps-jb-20120726-signed
cm-9.9.9-JB-p999-2(OS)

Issue I am having is major feedback when making a any calls on headset, speaker, bluetooth or earpiece.

Please Help! My phone is no use as a phone anymore. :(

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Google search gooinsideme gapps, here you can find what you need, just match to android version, ie if using gingerbread use latest gb gapps, ics use latest ics, etc
Phone shouldn't matter just android version, if you are lost go to the forum of your phone model and ask there

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

nishchaysheth

May 11, 2016
How to install GApps on Cyanogenmod properly

Hi people! I had the same problem! So, you must install gapps and cyanogenmod before the first boot. By that, I mean that if you install Cyanogenmod first and reboot and then install GApps, it wouldn't work. So if you have done that, go in your recovery and wipe all your data and cache partition. Now install cyanogenmod but don't reboot. Click on install zip, and now install GApps. Now, you can reboot and you will have the Google Apps pre-installed with Cyanogenmod! Hope this helped you!