HTC Evo 3D and Sensation Battery Working in Desire HD!

Search This thread

whitey543

Sep 3, 2011
Courtenay
Tried the sensation battery, no luck

just received a new anker sensation battery. charged it, took off the sticker to make it a bit smaller, got it all the way in, but the phone won't turn on.

Anything I'm missing?

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
just received a new anker sensation battery. charged it, took off the sticker to make it a bit smaller, got it all the way in, but the phone won't turn on.

Anything I'm missing?

Had similar situation myself.
First be sure that battery is all the way inside.
If you covered first step, do the following: cover battery all around with 1 layer of clear transparent tape. It seems to isolate the battery from rest of device and helped in my case to turn on the phone.
No problem after that again. ;)

Unleashed from N101T @1.6Ghz on 3.2.1 Rom

whitey543

Sep 3, 2011
Courtenay
Figured it out

It was a case of misalignment. The Sensation battery is a bit narrower, I had to line it up with the upper part of the compartment.
Thanks!

Quarsar

Jan 10, 2009
Hey.

I just got my EVO 3D battery, and the phone isn't recognising it's 1730mAh. Would a reflash and clear of battery stats fix this?

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Hey.

I just got my EVO 3D battery, and the phone isn't recognising it's 1730mAh. Would a reflash and clear of battery stats fix this?

There is no way to fix that, as our phones recognises only original battery.
And don't worry about that.
If you use Battery monitor widget you can manually enter the new battery size.

Unleashed from my N101T

Quarsar

Jan 10, 2009
There is no way to fix that, as our phones recognises only original battery.
And don't worry about that.
If you use Battery monitor widget you can manually enter the new battery size.

Unleashed from my N101T

I do.
Thanks for the info.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Hey, if you're stuill here - what have you done in regards to wifi? I cut the cover up and my reception is now DIRE.

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
I do.
Thanks for the info.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Hey, if you're stuill here - what have you done in regards to wifi? I cut the cover up and my reception is now DIRE.

Just add a thin slice of metal from a can of coke, touching the first gold connector, next to battery.

Unleashed from my DHD on Jellytime 4.2

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Thanks, I ended up using aluminium foil and sellotape. Does the coke can work better? Does it need to be soldered?

You can make tests with Wi-Fi analyzer to see what works better for you.
I think it's better not to solder it, in case you would like to return to stock battery and cover some day.

Unleashed from my DHD on Jellytime 4.2

major fecker

May 9, 2011
Thanks for the post its a great idea, was looking to replace my battery with OEM but found this post and ordered a Saner 1900mah from Amazon UK for £4.99, reduced from £19.99. As my battery was in pretty bad condition I've now got 2x longer battery life with 24 hours of heavy use. For people considering doing this watch this German video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoAxNoFIMGw
He shows how to preserve the WiFi antenna. I'd say the slightly messy looking phone back is more than worth the massive increase in battery life you'll receive.

Quarsar

Jan 10, 2009
My evo 3D battery just died. The phone won't boot or even charge with it in.

EDIT:

The battery was shorting. Sellotape to the rescue!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been looking for a extended battery for my HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD) and I just got my HTC Sensation with an Anker 1900mAh battery. Turns out if you remove the battery door for the Desire HD, YOU CAN USE HTC SENSATION AND EVO 3D BATTERIES IN YOU DESIRE HD!

The only problem is that the battery door won't fit back on, so you'll need to break the Desire HD's battery door for the WiFi to work. When you put a case on it, nothing is noticeable.

I'll post pictures soon to prove it's worth.

I'm using my 1900mAh Anker bettery in it right now ;)

Here's what needs to be done to Desire HD battery door:

213r9tv.jpg

Then after that's been done, put it back on the phone showed here:

14l7jvc.jpg

Now put on a case (any will do) and now you have an Evo 3D or Sensation battery working in your Desire HD!! :)

j9ngjq.jpg

If you want a new battery door, they are only $5.40 so mod away ;)

Here's a link to the replacement door: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Back-Ba...ccessories&hash=item2a144fc023#ht_3765wt_1163
    Here are the pictures:
    http :// imgur.com /a/GPoYQ

First Picture:
    This is what it looks like now. I forgot to take a picture to show you how much the battery stands out, but i guess it's obvious that i didn't cut out that big piece if i didn't have to.
    And no way i'm sanding down the battery. I want to use the phone, not let it spontaneously catch fire.
    But you can't tell it's like that when the otterbox is covering it.

Second Picture:
    That's my antenna so far. 2.4GHz has a wavelength of around 12cm. Since that doesn't fit, i used a 6cm aluminium foil stripe. It's not as good as the stock antenna but i'm getting wifi at home and at work so who cares?

Third Picture:
    You can see that there isn't any room between the battery and the unibody. But i marked the spot on the left where you can stick a whole toothpick. I guess Mugen isn't wrong to say that you CAN fit 1500mAh in there and still use the stock battery cover.

Fourth and Fifth Picture:
    View from above and closeup of the modified battery cover (i used a replacement..the original is still intact).
    I marked the spots where those little pins from the cover go. That's exactly what i needed to ensure that the battery can't come out.

And yes, i accidentally cut off the middle pin on the battery cover :( ....still works :)

next stop:
    http://power-skin.com/battery-cases/ap1508des/htc-desire-inspire.html
    powerskin for awesome 3400mAh! (1900 + 1500)
    That'd give you a freakin' 4.4 days of standby time....getting close to a week....
    I bought an Anker 1900 mAh Sensation battery and a new battery cover to try this solution.
    If this work, overclocking the CPU at 1.4GHz / 1.6GHz will make our DHD a top performer... As soon as I will get all the parts I'll try to remove the inner parts of the battery door and I'll let you know :)
    1.?? The wifi antenna is the top bit of the battery cover, which OP put back on the phone.

9102650.jpg
    Ok, I've had the Evo 3D battery running last few hours and here are some observations:

- No problem charging the battery to full AFAICT (reset the batt stats just for kicks.)
    - the aluminum foil as the DIY wifi antenna seems to be working fine. I laid down a 2" strip along the battery and unto the contact points, securing it with the cut piece of the battery cover.
    - Before the mod I got 1 bar at the far end of my house. AFAICT same after the mod with aluminum strip. Good enough for me.
    - I sanded down a strip (of ditch) on the inside of my TPU case where the bigger battery's edge was touching. Now the case sits just like stock.
    - Call HTC customer support and tell them you need a replacement battery door. If your phone is under warranty period, you'll get one for FREE.

Finally a battery solution that gives me 42% more battery while keeping the same form factor. Thanks OP.