FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] BarcodeZilla / BarcodeZilla Lite 0.9.5 (Updated 22/05/2009)

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By w3t, Member on 11th April 2009, 09:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th June 2010, 12:30 PM |#221  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi all

i keep getting this error when i have taken a picture of the barcode and sent it.

"error while downloading: An error message is available for this exception but cannot be displayer because these messages are optional and are not currently installed on this device.
Please install 'NETCFv35.messages.EN.wm.cab@ for windows mobile 5.0 and above or 'NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab@ for other platforms. Restart the application to see the message."

i have net3.5 installed and i am using the lite version, what am i doing wrong.

i have a HTC Touch HD2.

25th June 2010, 09:27 PM |#222  

More
me too

it scans perfectly, every time, and will even search the web for the number

BUT when i try to download the info on any product i get that exact error.

i have .net 3.5 (3.5.9198.00 tbp) installed on my diamond2/topaz but not obviously the messages part, anyone know either:

a) where the messages cab is to get the exact error,

or

b) know what the issue is, and preferably, how to fix it ?????????
28th June 2010, 01:18 PM |#223  

More
I've sorted the problem, well half the problem

install this - forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=127979

its the Messages.EN.wm.cab

this didnt fix it for me, it may for you

but

after installation if you look in \windows for the file System.SR.dll if it is rename, and then replace with the file below, if its not there, dont worry add the file below to the windows root on your device -

to get the file to replace or add jsut do the following -

open the above cab file, Rename the file 'SYCCFA~1.001', to System.SR.dll by extracting it and then renaming it.

then soft reset, then reinstall the cab, soft reset, then it should work, well it did for me on my diamond2

this allowed me to get the full message ------

"error while downloading: the request channel timed out whilst waiting for a reply after 00:00:59 Increase the timeout value passed to the request or increase the sendtimeout value on the binding. the time alloted to the operation may have been a portion of a longer time out"

------- ammeneded------

i switched to WiFi as i had only a GPRS signal, and it worked guess it must be a time out issue, so i guess that it would have worked via wifi even without the messsages cab.

however, i'd still like to increase the time outs somehow to allow use over 3g and hsdpa signal rather than just wifi, and ideas where those settings are stored?
15th July 2010, 09:55 PM |#224  

More
Question No price information for USA
I'm getting "No price information for USA" when I try to scan stuff. It decodes properly and asks me if I want to download price information. I say yes, but nothing ever comes up. I can also search via barcodezilla.net and I get returns on it.

But for now, on the wm software I get

Nutrex Research -
No price information for USA.

Background and info
HTC Touch Pro WM 6.1
Install your software and the two cabs. HOWEVER, I installed the Compact Framewor 3.5 english version from the link on the Mobile.aspx page on barcodezilla.net. I got some of the same errors you have gotten. They apeared to be sql errors, so I got the cab for sql from this site and installed it and it works now. I was getting errors to install the messages for .net cab. So, I did that, and now (could be related to me having phone connection on, but not data connection) I get no errors. But, I also get no pricing. So far I like the software and the interface. Good job.
14th September 2010, 09:32 PM |#225  

More
Phone model - Samsung I900
Live scanning mode is not working. Captured image suspends.
thank you to developers.
18th October 2010, 10:59 PM |#226  

More
working on my Samsung OMNIA II..
Thanks for great app. !!!!!

My pros and cons...
+ working on my Samsung OMNIA II..
+ no problem with sending or receiving data to internet database
+ local database !!!!!!!
- "live scanning" - not working
- no possibility search items on local or internet database
- no possibility edit "existing vendor.."
- capture resolution is still 640*480

capture/livecapture is better in MOBILETAG :
http://mobiletag.com/en/download.php
much faster, no problem with worse light, too little EAN code, lighting,.....
but no local database and error by sending data to internet database..
13th November 2010, 02:55 PM |#227  
Flag Steinkjer

More
All project from this OP are left abandoned
Hi, just wanted to bring to your attention that ALL Projects from this OP are left abandoned: tinyCAM - webcamXP Mobile HD - BarcodeZilla.

No reply or input from the OP since the 12/2009 until now on none of his projects. A shame, as he really knew his stuff. I hope to see him back online very soon, and wish him all the best.
13th November 2010, 03:58 PM |#228  
Flag Steinkjer

More
Some general comments and questions, maybe creating a new app build on BarZilla
Hi all,

Even it looks like this project is not supported anymore, I would like to write a few lines. Maybe some of the forum members can contribute with some wise words ;)

I came this far, reading every single post, to conclude that, where I had high hopes in the very beginning op this thread, hope was crumbling away the closer I came towards the end of the thread... But as long there is hope, there is life, right?

I was looking for a solution to make a project to improve budget control in the every day life. We all know the drill: living from one pay check to the next... . So I got involved in a local project called "from minus to pluss". Here all focus is on managing your expenses, and improve your spendings to get the most out of your pay check.

One thing I started testing is the use of a finance software, like SPB Finance. But there is more to it then keeping track of your money alone. I started investigating what is available in "Shopping list" software. Again here I found a few good application, but still not quite what I was looking for.

So I gathered that a cool app would be a shopping list that can read info from a database, and compare and suggest a shopping list when buying in store A, and what it would cost if you shop groceries in store B. Almost like Kelkoo.com, but then with focus on groceries. I can tell you that there is a lot of money to save if you plan your every day /weekly shopping.

Hypest, the maker of Barcorama, also posted a few words on this thread (I hope he is still following this thread). He has a second project called "Costpad", which is somehow the same idea as I am describing here. But also the Barcorame development has stalled (as he explains on his thread here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=606).

As Hypest stated earlier, the problem is to get the database populated with usefull information. One way is to do it your self, based on updating the price list every time you get a receipt when shopping. It will take a few weeks, maybe months before you got a good tool to work with.

Another way to do it is like Hypest did, to make a public database, where everybody can contribute. But again, the value of the information is only as good as the feedback it self.

A third way is to start a dialog with the local stores, and see if there is a way to make an API, and get information from their server. This info would be barcode number, product description, unit, price per unit, price per kg / liter, whatever... . If your local supermarked is interested in keeping up appearances, maybe they are interested in producing an export of there daily or weekly price list.

Combine all of this together, and you get a scanner app, where you can scan the barcode from the can of beans or the cereal box when updating you shopping list. Or by typing the number in, if scanning is not giving good results. The app would get the barcode info from the server (or local database in case of a private project). Or by typing it in by name in case a product has no barcode. Then the app could produce a shopping list, comparing between 2 or 3 shops in your area, and this way you full control over your economy, being pretty sure that you are paying the best price.

Looking forward to your 2 cents ;)
14th November 2010, 02:13 AM |#229  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 4

More
hey HarryTheSatman, nice to see your enthusiasm for a personal finance barcode related app!

Even though Barcorama's development has stalled, Costpad's hasn't . Have a look... e.g. the shopping list shop recommendation feature is there (but don't expect to extract great value in general, since the DB lacks shops and purchases from Norway and most countries anyway )
31st January 2011, 07:25 AM |#230  

More
Unhappy The problem with Acer DX650
Acer DX650. The application does not interact with the camera. What should I do?
This problem has long been known, but the developers MyDVR ( mydvr.ru ) somehow cope with it.
Please help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
barcode, barcodezilla, qr-code, reader, sql, zxing

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)