BEWARE: Qi Wireless Power Pad Charger For Smart Phones

Search This thread

salomaoa

Sep 14, 2011
Valongo
http://www.ebay.es/itm/271346218746...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I bought this item and IT WONT WORK properly with Nexus 5 Phones.

To sumarize:

- It's behaviour is erratic. Sometimes it charges the phone, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it charges for a few minutes then it stops with no apparent reason. Sometimes the green light (means the device is charging) is still lit but the device is not charging anymore...

- if you try to charge the phone overnight you can wake up with a bad surprise (as I did) and the phone powered off because it stoped charging.

- During night, I use gentle alarm and it keeps my screen on (dark, just showing the time). It seems this QI charger is not even able to deal with it because it stops charguing the phone after a few minutes. If you pick the phone ant put it in the QI charger surface it will start charging again but, once again, it will stop somewhere later. USELESS!

- It is not able to hold the phone. Not at all. I thougt my phone would stick to the charger but it wont (maybe this charger can hold lighter phones, but not the N5). The only way I could make it tho hold my phone was keeping the protection plastic film that came with the charger (and is suposed to be removed and thrown away) as it seems to increase the adherence between the charger and the phone.

In short: I'm disappointed and have to advice you all not to buy it.

Salomao

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg
http://www.ebay.es/itm/271346218746...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I bought this item and IT WONT WORK properly with Nexus 5 Phones.

To sumarize:

- It's behaviour is erratic. Sometimes it charges the phone, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it charges for a few minutes then it stops with no apparent reason. Sometimes the green light (means the device is charging) is still lit but the device is not charging anymore...

- if you try to charge the phone overnight you can wake up with a bad surprise (as I did) and the phone powered off because it stoped charging.

- During night, I use gentle alarm and it keeps my screen on (dark, just showing the time). It seems this QI charger is not even able to deal with it because it stops charguing the phone after a few minutes. If you pick the phone ant put it in the QI charger surface it will start charging again but, once again, it will stop somewhere later. USELESS!

- It is not able to hold the phone. Not at all. I thougt my phone would stick to the charger but it wont (maybe this charger can hold lighter phones, but not the N5). The only way I could make it tho hold my phone was keeping the protection plastic film that came with the charger (and is suposed to be removed and thrown away) as it seems to increase the adherence between the charger and the phone.

In short: I'm disappointed and have to advice you all not to buy it.

Salomao

What are you using to power your Qi charger? From the sounds of it turning on and off and having sporadic performance, it seems like it is not being given enough juice. Are you just plugging the Qi charger/included cable into a PC USB port or something?

The best way to make sure a Qi charger works properly is to plug it into a wall outlet using an AC adapter/cable that provides equal, or more current than the required input. Your Qi charger says Input DC 5V 1.5A. So you should have an AC adapter that provides that, as well as a USB cable that supports high speed charging (like the stock Nexus 5 cable).

Have you tried using the stock Nexus 5 AC adapter and stock Nexus 5 USB cable? Most included USB cables that ship with Qi chargers are quite crap. I know that the stock Nexus 5 AC adapter is 1.2A, but it is still a good block and should power your Qi charger well enough until you get a higher output AC adapter. If you haven't, try testing your Qi charger using that block and cable and see if there is an improvement.

Last edited:

salomaoa

Sep 14, 2011
Valongo
Yes, I tried all that. I used several ac adapters, including N5 charger and 2 Samsung adapters

Enviado do meu Nexus 5 através de Tapatalk

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I guess if that's the case then try contacting the seller and asking for a refund or replacement. You probably got a lemon.

Tell them it doesn't perform properly or show them with pictures and/or video of the slow charging/disconnects.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app