[REQ] Oskitchen Help

Search This thread

5haddex

Aug 27, 2008
Google Pixel XL
Moto G6 Plus
I am going to give chef'in a try and as I have never done it before I would ask you to be patient with me.
I have the HTC Leo with Radio 2.10.50 and HSPL installed.

Im using oskitchen and so far I have updated a Stock rom to 6.5.5. Nothing difficult there I hear you say ! But hey, its my first working ROM.
Now I have 2 questions that I hope you can help me with.

Q1. When I flashed the ROM to my phone all worked as you would expect apart from the main screen looked like it had dropped down about 10 pixels. Top and bottom bars looked OK but the middle looked wrong (Screen coming if needed)

Q2. Can someone instruct me on how to set the default wallpaper from oskitchen ?
I have an image called HTC_BG.png and I would like to cook it into the ROM as the default wallpaper.

Ive looked on the forums for help with these questions but I am unable to find them.

Any help / links would be helpfull :)

Once I have this info, I will proceed to cook my ROM and eventually post the results on the forums along with a complete tutorial as I go along, for those who are looking for similar info.

BoTTeR1337

Nov 20, 2009
Düsseldorf
I have any problems with the buttons and the prefrence folders.
I have create a clip how can you see this problem.

h**p://youtube.com/watch?v=qmDQOzCIWu8

I hope i exist a fix, or what are the right kitchen for the Leo??

airxtreme

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2008
I have any problems with the buttons and the prefrence folders.
I have create a clip how can you see this problem.

h**p://youtube.com/watch?v=qmDQOzCIWu8

I hope i exist a fix, or what are the right kitchen for the Leo??

From what I know dumping and rebuilding a Leo ROM works correctly on both oskitchen 1.30v3 and 1.31beta3 so you probably changed something that broke that stuff. Always try if a clean dumped ROM rebuilds fine before doing changes that may break it.

BoTTeR1337

Nov 20, 2009
Düsseldorf
Okay... I think im not so Stupid to do this.
I go this way:
1. I Install (extract) OS Kitchen on a folder into my Harddrive (C:/OS)
2. Then i Load the original Rom, extract this to get the RUU_Signed_0407.nbh
3.I Start OSKitchen and klick on Import-> Import a new ROM file.
4. I Select my Model, HTC Leo (HD2) and type the pfad of the RUU_Signed_0407.nbh and go to next (Waiting a minute)
5. I klick on start bulding, and os kitchen go throte without errors..
I Flash the Rom...
And the Taps didn't work. I Have a Windows XP OS and the OS Kitchen Version is 1.31.alpha4

airxtreme

Feb 19, 2008
Okay... I think im not so Stupid to do this.
I go this way:
1. I Install (extract) OS Kitchen on a folder into my Harddrive (C:/OS)
2. Then i Load the original Rom, extract this to get the RUU_Signed_0407.nbh
3.I Start OSKitchen and klick on Import-> Import a new ROM file.
4. I Select my Model, HTC Leo (HD2) and type the pfad of the RUU_Signed_0407.nbh and go to next (Waiting a minute)
5. I klick on start bulding, and os kitchen go throte without errors..
I Flash the Rom...
And the Taps didn't work. I Have a Windows XP OS and the OS Kitchen Version is 1.31.alpha4

Update to 1.31beta3 because anything before the beta1 had issues with HD2

Psyderman

Feb 11, 2009
Congleton
like Shaddex I am looking into creating ROM's from scratch (for HD2 Leo also!), first for personally use and maybe for general if I can get a ROM to look nice.

My question is, is there a kitchen which work's best for the HD2? Or are all basically generic and just "cook" in different ways?

Sorry to hijack your post Shaddex I hope you get an answer soon, wish I could help :confused:

5haddex

Aug 27, 2008
Google Pixel XL
Moto G6 Plus
And back on topic :)

Ok. I extracted Oskitch again, added "RUU_Leo_HKCSL_WWE_1.72.831.1_Radio_CRC_Signed_15.32.50.07U_2.07.51.22_2_Ship"
as the base ROM.
Next installed the "24619_MSXIPKernel_SYS_QVGA_WQVGA_HVGA_VGA_WVGA_0409" so I can use the latest build.
Thats all I did.
No extra EXT packages, Just cooked the ROM and below is what I get.

Anyone shed any light ?

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 27

airxtreme

Feb 19, 2008
And back on topic :)

Ok. I extracted Oskitch again, added "RUU_Leo_HKCSL_WWE_1.72.831.1_Radio_CRC_Signed_15.32.50.07U_2.07.51.22_2_Ship"
as the base ROM.
Next installed the "24619_MSXIPKernel_SYS_QVGA_WQVGA_HVGA_VGA_WVGA_0409" so I can use the latest build.
Thats all I did.
No extra EXT packages, Just cooked the ROM and below is what I get.

Anyone shed any light ?

The 6.5.3 windows mobile builds have the top and bottom bar of different sizes while Manila is probably calibrated for the WM6.5 bars (indeed there's empty space at the top and overlap at the bottom). There is probably something else you have to do to fix manila after changing the windows mobile build but I'm pretty sure it's not a kitchen problem I've had several people reporting the Leo ROMs dump and build fine with the 1.31 betas.