[Q] Settings HTC Car app

Search This thread

mahjsa

Dec 6, 2008
Hapert
Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody has found out how and if it is possible to change the default behaviour of the navigation link in the HTC Car Panel.
I don't want to use HTC Locations or Google Maps but Sygic Aura instead. Already contacted HTC, but no answer from them yet. Maybe someone here can help me explain where I have to make a change to be able to put another navigation app in HTC Car Panel.

Thanks

mahjsa

Dec 6, 2008
Hapert
Nobody uses the Car App or wants to change it to his/her own liking?

I am really hoping someone has some inside knowledge of the way and where the settings are stored. Then maybe I can find out myself what to do to change the app to use Sygic myself.

dlorde

Aug 13, 2010
I had the same question about the One S, and also asked HTC. This is what they said:

"Thank you for your reply regarding your HTC One S.

I do apologise Dave, but it would not be possible to use a third party navigation app on the HTC One S when in car mode. This is the way this operating system was programmed and there are no settings or options to change this on your phone.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this may be causing you.
"

If anyone finds a way to prove them wrong, I'd be interested to hear it :(

fhnguyen

Sep 28, 2009
Houston
Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody has found out how and if it is possible to change the default behaviour of the navigation link in the HTC Car Panel.
I don't want to use HTC Locations or Google Maps but Sygic Aura instead. Already contacted HTC, but no answer from them yet. Maybe someone here can help me explain where I have to make a change to be able to put another navigation app in HTC Car Panel.

Thanks

So I'm not completely sure if its the same, but I think that the One X/EVO 4G LTE and the One S have the same software, since they are along the same model line.

But on my LTEVO I got today, I found that you can adjust the default navigation app by:

1) Open "Car" app
2) Tap the area by the signal strength, battery level, etc.
3) A settings menu should come up-- scroll all the way to the bottom and choose "Default Navigation App" to change it.

Haven't tried changing mine, but its worth a shot. Good luck!

mahjsa

Dec 6, 2008
Hapert
I am already familiar with this option, but you only get to change between HTC Locations (as far as I know a Route66 clone) and Google Maps. The carr app doesn't allow the choice of some other default navigation app.

Attached a file Phone.dat that is somewhere in a map called "navigator" (not sure where exactly) where I found something that looks like a settings file:

Code:
[PHONEDATVERSION]
[ID]
[KVER]
[VERSION]
15 262144 327680
5 393216 458752
10 393216 393216
9 65536 131072
8 65536 65536
4 131072 131072
7 65536 65536
12 65536 131072
14 65536 65536
13 65536 65536
18 196608 196608
22 458752 458752
19 131072 131072
[CMAP VERSIONS]

[DEFAULT CONTENT]
[APP VERSION]
5.12.F41E48C
[APP NAME]
ROUTE 66 Maps
[PLATFORM]
Android
[SDK_NAME]
R66SDK_NewApi
[VARIANT]
[SDK_VERSION]
f41e48c
[SDK_CLIENT]
HTC
[SIMOP]

[NETNAME]

[IMSI]

[KEYS]
shop=0 drm_type=12 drm_id=36132 shop_id=115371 flags=2066 count=0 time_s=0 time_e=2592000 itime=1334869026 grace=2419200 bundle_id=0 bundle_shop_id=0 state=Y try_for_free=1 obj_name=Worldwide
[SHOP VERSION]

ljcindustries

Jan 18, 2011
change the 4th icon

Hi there,

sadly you can't change the navigation icon/ app, however you can change the 4th icon (standard set on TuneIn, I believe).
To do this, go to your standard music player (not in car mode), now you see in the maindisplay: my phone, TuneIn, etc.
Pressing the menu button you can add more apps like shazam or soundhound, but also apps that are not related to music like for instant Sigic!

Now in car mode you can swipe twice to the left and there you see the selected apps...choosing for instand Sigic it will make that app default in the home screen of the car mode.

So now you have a temporarly solution for 3rd party navigation apps, but still hoping HTC will come with a solution of there own soon, while the app isn't really intergrated in the car mode like Google Maps is.

Good luck!

bluetooth3105

Dec 4, 2011
Thank youu!!

Hi there,

sadly you can't change the navigation icon/ app, however you can change the 4th icon (standard set on TuneIn, I believe).
To do this, go to your standard music player (not in car mode), now you see in the maindisplay: my phone, TuneIn, etc.
Pressing the menu button you can add more apps like shazam or soundhound, but also apps that are not related to music like for instant Sigic!

Now in car mode you can swipe twice to the left and there you see the selected apps...choosing for instand Sigic it will make that app default in the home screen of the car mode.

So now you have a temporarly solution for 3rd party navigation apps, but still hoping HTC will come with a solution of there own soon, while the app isn't really intergrated in the car mode like Google Maps is.

Good luck!

Thank you, friend! This helped me much! :eek:

targett

Apr 8, 2009
Hi there,

Good luck!

Great find as a temporary measure! :D

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

HTC Car App settings 4 Other Nav or App eg YouTube.

Hi
I found if you add other Apps (eg CoPilot which I use), to your std HTC Music App then,
in the Car App under Navigation-Search or Search Items (eg Gas Station),
You will can choose which Nav App you want to use, either Google or
your Nav app which you added to the HTC music app. In my case I choose CoPilot.
Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: andvue

pista

Apr 22, 2008
Trnava
Hi there,

Good luck!

you just made my day. thank you
View attachment 1828272

DRIFT-R

Jan 5, 2008
Szczecin
If You use this way and choose to add Navi program to music shortcuts it will be displayed on main screen instead TuneIn of Car app after You use it form third screen.

It's simple solution of this problem. I use Automapa Navi program on my HTC Desire X.

c3c39b034832e.jpg

Fяy

May 30, 2012
I had the same question about the One S, and also asked HTC. This is what they said:

"Thank you for your reply regarding your HTC One S.

I do apologise Dave, but it would not be possible to use a third party navigation app on the HTC One S when in car mode. This is the way this operating system was programmed and there are no settings or options to change this on your phone.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this may be causing you.
"

If anyone finds a way to prove them wrong, I'd be interested to hear it :(

Off Topic : Completely unrelated but Hi.my name is Dave also lol...bye now

dlorde

Aug 13, 2010
If You use this way and choose to add Navi program to music shortcuts it will be displayed on main screen instead TuneIn of Car app after You use it form third screen.

It's simple solution of this problem. I use Automapa Navi program on my HTC Desire X

That's a very effective solution;

But it's hard to understand why they provide the facility to change the music app but not the navigation app... unless they have some commercial agreement with Google.

DRIFT-R

Jan 5, 2008
Szczecin
From this what HTC support respond... i think that they have some agreement with google. I like this app so it's good that is way to put navigation shortcut on main screen.

mahjsa

Dec 6, 2008
Hapert
Thanks

Thank you everybody for this simple but effective solution! I am going to try it right away.:good:

mb04

Jan 20, 2010
Use 3rd-party navigation in HTC Car Mode

Superb answer from ljcindustries... Thank you :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    change the 4th icon

Hi there,

Good luck!
    HTC Car App settings 4 Other Nav or App eg YouTube.

Hi
    I found if you add other Apps (eg CoPilot which I use), to your std HTC Music App then,
    in the Car App under Navigation-Search or Search Items (eg Gas Station),
    You will can choose which Nav App you want to use, either Google or
    your Nav app which you added to the HTC music app. In my case I choose CoPilot.
    Hope this helps someone.