[ROM][September 4] Andromadus Mimicry v1.5.0 [ICS / CM9.1 stable]

3,299 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,318

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 16th June 2012, 10:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2012, 12:45 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I was wondering as well is there a way to make the desktop or home screen float , kinda like a live wallpaper and a launcher... I hope I got that thought out right... any way to not show keyboard selection in notifications
Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
19th June 2012, 04:14 AM |#122  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

I just got to my cottage and setup wifi, so later tonight I shall peruse the commits and find out what's causing the issue.

Thanks for the awesome rom! You should get a vacation sometime though

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibemad1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ibemad1 Ad-Free
19th June 2012, 04:21 AM |#123  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:

Would be nice to narrow down the timeframe in which a change to the codebase started causing issues. That other guy said alpha13? Surely it wasn't that long ago? People would've commented I'm sure.. The reason I don't think it's from the patch on the 5th of may that I linked earlier is I find it hard to believe that we've had broken tethering in so many test builds without anybody saying anything.

I just got to my cottage and setup wifi, so later tonight I shall peruse the commits and find out what's causing the issues.

If it's any help, I know tethering works on Flinny build 97. I just used it a couple days ago.
19th June 2012, 04:45 AM |#124  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoAMelone

If it's any help, I know tethering works on Flinny build 97. I just used it a couple days ago.

Thanks, I'll look into it. Though I believe both roms would have the framework patches affecting the tethering.

19th June 2012, 05:00 AM |#125  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catachresistant

This isn't a device-specific request, but it is one of my biggest ICS annoyances:
The multitasking menu displays just your recent apps, swiping apps away just hides them from the menu.
What I would like is for it to only display running and cached apps, with a swipe away killing the process.
Is that possible?
I would be so, so, so grateful for that.

I was under the impression swiping apps away killed them. I opened my task killer to view running processes, hit Recent Apps and swiped away the XDA app. Then I just hit refresh to get the updated task list and xda was no longer there.

Where did you get information that swiping away apps doesn't close them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amogil

I was wondering as well is there a way to make the desktop or home screen float , kinda like a live wallpaper and a launcher... I hope I got that thought out right... any way to not show keyboard selection in notifications

Float? There are launchers that let you have static wallpapers, if that's what you mean.

As for keyboard selection notifications, turn them off in Settings -> Language & input -> Selector Notification. (previously in the Andromadus menu but we removed it when CM9 officially integrated the patch)

19th June 2012, 05:04 AM |#126  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 822

More
Okay, late to the game here, don't know how I missed this but downloaded tonight and am in business. Great work!! Thanks @blackjack for all of your efforts! I finally get what you have been saying over the last 6 months on supercharger, this thing is fast and buttery smooth, wow! Flashed without wipe (except for installer wipe of cache/dalvik) from 97 and no problems at all yet. So far my fiddling has not produced one graphical glitch....was getting one/hour on 97. Lockscreen, CM boot animation and one touch recent apps on search button are all amazing additions, but for me the greatest is the speed and fluidity of this rom. No joke, it is as smooth on ICS as my quad core Asus Transformer Pad 300.

Will be sure to report any issues right away. @blackjack: Make sure to enjoy some quality outdoor time up north and not too much time on the computer supporting this, although I get the recreational aspect of this very well, I just wish my wife did .
The Following User Says Thank You to David Dee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift David Dee Ad-Free
19th June 2012, 05:36 AM |#127  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:

I was under the impression swiping apps away killed them. I opened my task killer to view running processes, hit Recent Apps and swiped away the XDA app. Then I just hit refresh to get the updated task list and xda was no longer there.

Where did you get information that swiping away apps doesn't close them?

I came back to this thread tonight to voice the same concern.
swiping apps away doesn't kill them.

superwipe ex4
full install
wiped dalvik/cache

I have the Go Task Manager widget that still shows the apps there.
19th June 2012, 05:40 AM |#128  
Flag porter ranch
Thanks Meter: 149

Donate to Me
More
OK I have a feature request but I am not too sure whether or not it is possible. I would like to have the ability to kill all apps from the multitasking menu. For an example it is what the galaxy s III has.
Thanks , but of coarse it is just a small request as I am VERY greatful for what you have built. It is perfect for me and great addons to the already great andromadus rom!
19th June 2012, 05:42 AM |#129  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
/\/\/\ Why are you killing applications in android? The only time that should ever be done is if you have a wakelock. Android manages memory better than you can. Please staple this article to your monitor or tattoo it on your arm or something. Perpetuating the myth that app killers are a good idea is detrimental to the end user and your own user experience. Interestingly, this would explain the design decisions related to the app switcher that you folks are confused about.

Quote:

The app switcher doesn’t kill things in the “running apps” list unless they are in the “cached background service” category.. e.g. apps that are open but not actively doing anything. If I have gmail open and hit the home button, it becomes a cached background process. If I swipe it away in the recent apps list, it is removed from cached background processes.

I guess in a way, the swiping away of apps makes the user feel like they are more in control of what is running, but doesn’t actually kill anything that isn’t in the cached background process category. (perhaps in the hopes that they won’t go download a task killer..)

So yeah, the app switcher doesn't really do much other than provide the illusion that you're kicking apps because the end user is generally to dumb/ignorant (or conditioned by how application memory works in older desktop operating environments) to realize this is a bad idea for many technical reasons. As time goes on and phones get more and more physical hardware, the need for app managers becomes even less valid. Especially since, like, you can go to settings>applications>manage applications>running apps and stop a process if there is an actual valid reason for doing so.

\/\/\/ Yeah I've heard generally the same thing, but forgive me for being wildly skeptical. I've seen some talk outside of your standard XDA/AndroidPolice/RootzWiki in specific relation to the G2/DZ - ICS roms concerning slowdown after a few days. I suppose the month and some change since that particular commentary could have had fixes for this issue. I guess I'll find out when I actually do some testing of my own.
19th June 2012, 05:55 AM |#130  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by astriaos

I'd be really interested to see if this rom ends up having the same issues as Sense 3 roms. They start out "blazing fast" but over time there becomes a discernible lag in app launches, browser response, screen response time, and the like.

If anything comes up it usually comes up in a week or two. Much of your sense of how fast the rom is right now is observer effect.

As stated in the OP, this rom is Andromadus. This ROM was also in alpha testing for 2 months. There's no reason things would get "bogged down" any more than any other AOSP-based ICS rom would.

I've been running versions of Mimic since Andromadus Audacity B3 and while I was often rebooting a lot to flash and test new builds, I did once hit 10 days uptime without any ill effects.

Maybe sense 3 suffers from degradation over time but AOSP has never had that issue.

19th June 2012, 05:57 AM |#131  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspina

OK I have a feature request but I am not too sure whether or not it is possible. I would like to have the ability to kill all apps from the multitasking menu. For an example it is what the galaxy s III has.
Thanks , but of coarse it is just a small request as I am VERY greatful for what you have built. It is perfect for me and great addons to the already great andromadus rom!

I've actually considered this before and looked at the multitasking code to see how I would do it. I'd likely bind the trackpad to a kill-all of sorts rather than modifying the UI and having to take up realestate.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)