[ROM][OFFICIAL][RAPHAEL][9.0.0] crDroid v5.10 - Pie

Search This thread

ADFXHZ

Dec 2, 2016
crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

Firmware (without vbmeta and dtbo): Click here.

Vendor: Click here.

Recovery: Click here.

Rom Link: Click here.

Gapps: Download Gapps

First time installing crDroid to your K20 Pro, or coming from another ROM:
** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP)
1) Install Recovery to your device
2) Copy fw zip, vendor zip to your device
3) Copy crDroid zip, Gapps zip to your device
4) Boot into Recovery
5) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
6) Flash firmware & vendor
7) Flash Rom
8) Flash Gapps
9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
You tell me

Supported devices
Radmi K20 Pro (China, raphael)
Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition (China, raphaels)
Mi 9T Pro (Global/EEA, raphael)
Radmi K20 Pro (India, raphaelin)

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:
- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Maintainer: 1582130940

Device tree: Click here.

Vendor tree: Click here.

Kernel: Prebuilt Kernel from Xiaomi MIUI China - raphael-user 9 PKQ1.190616.001 V10.4.1.0.PFKCNXM release-keys

ROM OS Version: 9.0.0 Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader & TWRP & MIUI V10.4.1.0.PFKCNXM
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-12-20

Last edited:

VladV1V

Mar 26, 2018
Thx for your effort for our device ;)
Installing

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Wifi not working

kevinyohh

Sep 13, 2011
Panamá
OnePlus 8 Pro
I see that, unlike the unofficial version of this ROM from the other thread, this one requires flashing Chinese firmware, which does not work for my device at all. Can I dirty flash this version over the one I have, without flashing that Chinese firmware which bricks my phone every time I try using it?

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nimueh

ADFXHZ

Dec 2, 2016
Thx for your effort for our device ;)
Installing

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Wifi not working

Sorry, in order for the device to work properly, you must flash the vendor and firmware of V10.4.1.0, otherwise there will be problems with WiFi or Sound not working properly.

ADFXHZ

Dec 2, 2016
I see that, unlike the unofficial version of this ROM from the other thread, this one requires flashing Chinese firmware, which does not work for my device at all. Can I dirty flash this version over the one I have, without flashing that Chinese firmware which bricks my phone every time I try using it?

First of all, I don't think raphael (MI 9T Pro) can't flash raphaels firmware. Sorry, the current prebuilt vendor/kernel version, in order for the device's WiFi and sound to work properly, you must write the firmware and vendor of raphaels (Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition), you can back up the data and try it.

kevinyohh

Sep 13, 2011
Panamá
OnePlus 8 Pro
First of all, I don't think raphael (MI 9T Pro) can't flash raphaels firmware. Sorry, the current prebuilt vendor/kernel version, in order for the device's WiFi and sound to work properly, you must write the firmware and vendor of raphaels (Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition), you can back up the data and try it.
Why is that a need now, and not in the previous unofficial version?

ADFXHZ

Dec 2, 2016
Why is that a need now, and not in the previous unofficial version?

The previous unofficial version also needs the corresponding firmware and vendor, but on raphael_global, this demand is not very obvious, but raphaels is a K20 Pro series phone released by Xiaomi, so the required firmware and vendor are old. Not applicable on the device

kevinyohh

Sep 13, 2011
Panamá
OnePlus 8 Pro
Mine is Raphael global (Mi 9T Pro), and the previous version of this ROM, apart from Xiaomi.eu Miui 10 and 11, were the only ROMs that worked for my device. All ROMs I've tried that require flashing Chinese stuff never booted on my device, leaving a black screen and removing Recovery access, forcing me to flash Fastboot stock.
Anyway, I don't see the need to try and soft brick my device again. And the previous version of this ROM is excellent. It's sad to see so many devs focusing only on one device and not advising about this soft brick. Anyway, good luck.

Reactions: Nimueh

ADFXHZ

Dec 2, 2016
Mine is Raphael global (Mi 9T Pro), and the previous version of this ROM, apart from Xiaomi.eu Miui 10 and 11, were the only ROMs that worked for my device. All ROMs I've tried that require flashing Chinese stuff never booted on my device, leaving a black screen and removing Recovery access, forcing me to flash Fastboot stock.
Anyway, I don't see the need to try and soft brick my device again. And the previous version of this ROM is excellent. It's sad to see so many devs focusing only on one device and not advising about this soft brick. Anyway, good luck.

Oh, sorry, this is an unexpected problem. I will complete the build vendor with Tingyichen as soon as possible so that I can ignore the limitations of the vendor and firmware.

Reactions: BKeyzz

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Oh, sorry, this is an unexpected problem. I will complete the build vendor with Tingyichen as soon as possible so that I can ignore the limitations of the vendor and firmware.

What exactly IS the difference between your crDroid and the previous unofficial that's in the correct section?

Like @kevinyohh I am using the other one without issues and I won't flash a vendor on my EEA device that's not made FOR my device.

I don't understand why so many roms require a potentially disruptive vendor cross flash, while others like the previous crDroid work just fine without it :confused:

Reactions: kevinyohh

VladV1V

Mar 26, 2018
What exactly IS the difference between your crDroid and the previous unofficial that's in the correct section?

Like @kevinyohh I am using the other one without issues and I won't flash a vendor on my EEA device that's not made FOR my device.

I don't understand why so many roms require a potentially disruptive vendor cross flash, while others like the previous crDroid work just fine without it :confused:
Its 5.9 read change log
And its build with Raphael's vendor as base that's why its needs it

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Its 5.9 read change log
And its build with Raphael's vendor as base that's why its needs it

Our device IS raphael - same device, 5 different vendors ... yet some roms work just fine on the global/EEA versions.

The other crDroid was built by an indian dev, yet it didn't require any vendor cross flashing. Chances are that those of us on global/EEA vendors and the old version will not be able to update to this one :(

slavke1976

Dec 11, 2008
Tavankut

I didnt download this ROM, but if it has dtbo.img inside to flash, that is problem if phone goes to soft brick.
only mi logo, then shut down, no access to twrp.
solution could be if we save original dtbo.img from miui firmware, and then reflash with fastboot.
i had same problem with MSM-X ROM, as it has dtbo.img, and with stock miui it cant boot.
maybe it can boot with miui xeu if install before rom, didnt try

ADFXHZ

Dec 2, 2016
Our device IS raphael - same device, 5 different vendors ... yet some roms work just fine on the global/EEA versions.

The other crDroid was built by an indian dev, yet it didn't require any vendor cross flashing. Chances are that those of us on global/EEA vendors and the old version will not be able to update to this one :(

Older versions of vendor/firmware will not work properly on raphaels, so I have to use raphaels' vendor/firmware to make all raphael compatible (according to my tests, using raphaels firmware on China raphael is no problem) I am now skeptical May be raphaels' dtbo/vbmeta is not compatible with raphael_global/eea

ADFXHZ

Dec 2, 2016
I didnt download this ROM, but if it has dtbo.img inside to flash, that is problem if phone goes to soft brick.
only mi logo, then shut down, no access to twrp.
solution could be if we save original dtbo.img from miui firmware, and then reflash with fastboot.
i had same problem with MSM-X ROM, as it has dtbo.img, and with stock miui it cant boot.
maybe it can boot with miui xeu if install before rom, didnt try

I don't have dtbo.img in my crdroid, but there is dbbo.img of raphaels in my firmware rom. I think the problem that raphael_global/eea can't be brushed into raphaels firmware is on dtbo.img.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Older versions of vendor/firmware will not work properly on raphaels, so I have to use raphaels' vendor/firmware to make all raphael compatible (according to my tests, using raphaels firmware on China raphael is no problem) I am now skeptical May be raphaels' dtbo/vbmeta is not compatible with raphael_global/eea

I don't know what causes the problems, I just know that cross-flashing vendors CAN cause issues.

Can you compare your build to the previous one(s) in the other thread to maybe narrow it down? Those builds definitely worked on global/EEA vendor, without the need to flash another one :good:

ADFXHZ

Dec 2, 2016
I don't know what causes the problems, I just know that cross-flashing vendors CAN cause issues.

Can you compare your build to the previous one(s) in the other thread to maybe narrow it down? Those builds definitely worked on global/EEA vendor, without the need to flash another one :good:

If I use the old vendor and firmware, then raphaels will not work properly, so I can only use rapalels firmware to adapt to all known raphael devices. I have now uploaded firmware that does not contain dtbo and vbmeta, you can try .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

Firmware (without vbmeta and dtbo): Click here.

Vendor: Click here.

Recovery: Click here.

Rom Link: Click here.

Gapps: Download Gapps

First time installing crDroid to your K20 Pro, or coming from another ROM:
    ** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP)
    1) Install Recovery to your device
    2) Copy fw zip, vendor zip to your device
    3) Copy crDroid zip, Gapps zip to your device
    4) Boot into Recovery
    5) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    6) Flash firmware & vendor
    7) Flash Rom
    8) Flash Gapps
    9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    You tell me

Supported devices
    Radmi K20 Pro (China, raphael)
    Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition (China, raphaels)
    Mi 9T Pro (Global/EEA, raphael)
    Radmi K20 Pro (India, raphaelin)

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:
    - Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Maintainer: 1582130940

Device tree: Click here.

Vendor tree: Click here.

Kernel: Prebuilt Kernel from Xiaomi MIUI China - raphael-user 9 PKQ1.190616.001 V10.4.1.0.PFKCNXM release-keys

ROM OS Version: 9.0.0 Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader & TWRP & MIUI V10.4.1.0.PFKCNXM
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-12-20
    Thanks! I guess I'll stay away from this ROM like a plague.

Well what's even worse: The nandroid failed to boot after restore, then when trying again it wouldn't restore data on several attempts, OrangeFox kept giving me "extractTarFork() process ended with error 255". So I ended up without my data and am still in the process of setting stuff up again since I didn't back up anything in TiBu prior to the "simple update". :eek: :(

I just hope when Q roms come out devs/maintainers will build them without the need to cross flash vendors ... I mean it makes NO sense that some roms run fine on all vendors and don't need cross flashing and others require it ... :rolleyes:
    Weird how your device is suffering from such issue. I had no problem flashing Chinese firmware/vendor on my global mi9t pro. If xiaomi.eu did boot for you, which is based on Chinese, then you might've done something incorrect along the way for others not to boot.

The problem is that the firmware I provided contains dtbo and vbmeta, which is why raphael_global/eea can't be started.

I guess you're not reading what OP said. OP wanted to make sure this version worked on all the varients of k20pro/mi9tpro. The previous version by other dev won't work on Raphaels. Maybe that's why there was no need to flash vendors and firmware for Raphael and Raphaelin. OP wants you to flash fw and vendor specified by him because he wants to include all the 3 varients of the phone. Also as reported by someone flashing the fw and vendor works on eea device.

There is a reason those devices have different fw/vendors - I will not risk losing NFC or my bands or messing something else up by cross-flashing fw/vendor!

If some roms manage to work without cross-flashing then I see absolutely no reason to risk anything and try the roms that require it. :rolleyes:

I'll stick with the "old" version of crDroid until devs get this mess sorted :fingers-crossed: