[TUT] Dummies guide: updating HTC USB Sync Drivers

Search This thread

an_katso

Dec 14, 2008
Hi,

After I got into the boot loader screen, my phone is showing "loading......" with a grey background with nothing else. I don't see a serial below nor a usb after I connect the phone to the PC. Any idea what is wrong here?

Thanks

I have the same problem. I have spl 1.54.0000. Have you found any solution?

Digital Outcast

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
Woodstock, GA
i cant figure out why in the "device manager" of windows 7 dont show "mobile device" when the pda is plugged in the usb.
it seems that nothing huppen when the pda is connected to the pc, only the power led of the pda turns on.

someone know how can i fix it?

If you check your USB connection settings, is it set to connect as the storage device, ActiveSync or internet sharing? If it is set to anything other than ActiveSync then it won't show in the device manager as a mobile device.

l3ft3r1s

Mar 24, 2008
Athens
I an running the gui version of USPL in Windows XP without having updated any drivers, and I had no problems so far. Why's that?

Zimzim BK

Feb 28, 2010
Oslo
Well...

i am trying to update my spl, i have updated my driver no usb connection, all steps right, i have done this one time before... but now it just wont work. any help! :/:confused:

aabento

Feb 15, 2005
Lisboa
Use this method only if you have Windows XP!

• Before you start this, put your phone into its bootloader and plug it into your computer via the USB cable. Your phone should show USB at the bottom of the bootloader screen. It is very important not to skip this!
  • If you have ActiveSync installed, start at step WXP1. Otherwise skip to step WXP4.
WXP1 - Downloads

• (WXP1a) Drivers.zip
  • (WXP1b) Extract each item to its own folder
WXP2 - Open ActiveSync and click File, Connection Settings.

2.jpg

WXP3 - Uncheck Allow USB connections and click OK and then close ActiveSync.

3.jpg

WXP4 - Press Start menu, Run, type in devmgmt.msc, and press OK. Or you can press and hold the Windows and R keys. This also brings up the Run dialog.

4.jpg

WXP5 - In the Device Manager locate Windows CE USB Devices and expand it. Double-click on HTC USB Sync.

5.jpg

WXP6 - In the HTC USB Sync Properties click the Driver tab and then Update Driver.

6.jpg

WXP7 - In the Hardware Update Wizard, click the No, not this time radio button and then click Next.

7.jpg

WXP8 - Continuing in the Hardware Update Wizard, click the Install from a list or specific location radio button and then click Next.

8.jpg

WXP9 - Continuing in the Hardware Update Wizard, click the Don't search. I will choose the driver to install radio button and then click Next.

9.jpg

WXP10 - Continuing in the Hardware Update Wizard, click the Have Disk button.

10.jpg

WXP11 - In the Install From Disk dialog, click the Browse button.

11.jpg

WXP12 - In the Locate File dialog, browse to where you downloaded the driver. Select the 32-bit folder if you use the 32-bit edition of Windows, or select the 64-bit folder if you use the 64-bit edition. Select wceusbsh.inf and click the Open button.

12.jpg

WXP13 - Back in the Hardware Update Wizard, select the HTC USB Sync and click Next.

13.jpg

WXP14 - Continuing in the Hardware Update Wizard, you will see an error: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

This is totally normal, do not worry. Click Finish.

14.jpg

WXP15 - The Device Manager will show an exclamation point next to the HTC USB Sync. Unplug the USB cable from your phone. You will notice the bootloader on your phone change from USB to Serial.

15.jpg

WXP16 - The Device Manager will no longer show the HTC USB Sync. Plug the USB cable back in to your phone. You will notice the bootloader on your phone change from Serial to USB. The Device Manager will now show the HTC USB Sync as fully functional. You are done!

17.jpg

What happened to the screen shots that were here?:confused: Or am I've been needing new glasses?:rolleyes:
Arnaldo

memeko

Oct 5, 2010
HTC USB Sync not showing in Device Manager

Hi
I tried to follow the guide in a Windows 7 Ultimate machine, but I can't find HTC USB Sync on my machine.
Is there a special software I have to install to get the HTC USB Sync?
Regards

teDDyyyy

Oct 18, 2010
-.-"

Hi guys,

i dont know what im doing wrong....
Im using Win7 64bit and i try to install the HTC Usb Sync drivers since 2 days ive done everything exactly like its described in the Dummies Guide but win 7 dont realize it. Currently i have the 6.1.6965.0 driver from 2007 and cant get it to the 2004 version. My Phone (Blackstone standart spl 1.54.000) is in Bootloader and it shows Usb on the bottom. I have disabled digital driver signing and unchecket allow usb connections in WM Devicecenter the services Windows Mobile 2003-based device connectivity and Windows Mobile-based device connectivity are startet.

The device manager shows Htc Usb Sync i go to propeties and click Update Driver after that i choose the 64 bit Driver press next and get the Code 10 Error. As i red it doesent matter so i close the window and unplug my phone from the pc after i read serial on the bottom i put it back .... and there we go USB again "happy" NOT ! the driver version has not changed its still 6.1.6965.0
the pc restart dosent work either.

So i try to install the driver manual. Means i deactivate the automatic driver installation so i could choose witch driver i like to install i choose the 64 bit driver from the driverspackage and get an Code 52 error : Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. although the digital driver signing is disabled.

Im totally distressed pls help.... :confused:

gadar

Nov 2, 2010
Kurdistan
same here man....cant install the driver, this is not my first time i flash, i have managed to install and flash the phone in this steps... but now i cant...

gadar

Nov 2, 2010
Kurdistan
I Made it

yeah i managed to install, right efter you picked the driver from "have disk" and it starts to install, plug out the USB cable and it should say the driver is succesfully installed or what ever.

ilkin

Apr 10, 2010
im using x86 vista with no AV. When i click on "RUN" USPL crashes. gives "System.ComponentModel.Win32" in error details.

i couldnt downgrade my drivers. when i try to select the ones you provide device manager keeps saying the devices i use right now are the latest ones.:confused: i even tried to change version and date's on .inf files but no luck :(

mephistois

Mar 6, 2011
I am having problems at this step

WV5 - Make sure both the Windows Mobile 2003-based device connectivity and Windows Mobile-based device connectivity services show Started. If they are not, start them

My phone is in bootloader, it says HBOOT USB PLUG, when I open services I can not find Windows Mobile 2003-based device connectivity or the second.

I have repeated the steps several times what could be wrong?

mephistois

Mar 6, 2011
WV2 - Open Windows Mobile Device Center, hover over Mobile Device Settings and click Connection Settings.

Mobile Device Settings does not exist within my WM Device Center

mephistois

Mar 6, 2011
source of my problem?

You need to untick "allow USB connections", ie to update the drivers you first need to disallow usb connections.

If I need to update the drivers for WM Center for this step how would I go about such a thing? I tried downloading and installing WM Center 6.1 driver update for windows vista 64 bit twice. I'm on a bit of a deadline to sideload an app and I can't get past the usb drivers. I've even considered walking into best buy and just plugging into a pc with windows 7 to see if it will install the drivers I need Lol

Win 7 64 U
Windows currently on Test Mode, Build 7600.

Vivo PVT Ship S-ON RL
HBOOT 1.09.0000
RADIO 38.02.01.11_M
eMMC-boot

Steps given do not work. HBOOT shows HBOOT USB PLUG and HBOOT USB below in the menu.

My device manager shows 'Other devices' instead of 'Mobile devices'. My phone is detected as 'Android 1.0'. I get code 52 when trying to install the usb driver. Any ideas?

*edit*
found a way to make RUU work. I already have a goldcard but RUU ain't detecting my phone due to the USB problem. Found out there is another way:
Go to developer.htc.com
Scroll to most bottom
Download HTC Android USB Driver for Microsoft PC
Manually install working drivers with device manager

RUU worked and I'm using Australia Virgin Gingerbread rom now :D

Last edited:
Reactions: vincenttan89

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows Vista / Windows 7

Use this method only if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7!

• Before you start this, put your phone into its bootloader and plug it into your computer via the USB cable. Your phone should show USB at the bottom of the bootloader screen. It is very important not to skip this!
    • If you have the 64-bit edition of Windows you must disable digital driver signing before you continue on! To do this, restart your computer. After the initial BIOS screen but before the Windows bootup splash screen, spam press F8 until you see a Windows menu. If you do not get a menu and end up in Windows you pressed F8 at the wrong time. Try it again until you get the menu. In the menu select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement or Disable Digital Driver Signing (depending on your version of Windows). Windows will finish booting up and you can continue on.
    • If you have Windows Mobile Device Center installed, start at step WV1. Otherwise skip to step WV4.
    WV1 - Downloads

• (WV1a) Drivers.zip
    • (WV1b) Extract each item to its own folder
    WV2 - Open Windows Mobile Device Center, hover over Mobile Device Settings and click Connection Settings.

1.jpg

WV3 - Uncheck Allow USB connections and click OK and then close Windows Mobile Device Center.

2.jpg

WV4 - Press Start menu, Run, type in services.msc, and press OK. Or you can press and hold the Windows and R keys. This also brings up the Run dialog.

3.jpg

WV5 - Make sure both the Windows Mobile 2003-based device connectivity and Windows Mobile-based device connectivity services show Started. If they are not, start them.

4.jpg

WV6 - Press Start menu, Run, type in devmgmt.msc, and press OK. Or you can press and hold the Windows and R keys. This also brings up the Run dialog.

5.jpg

WV7 - In the Device Manager locate Mobile Devices and expand it. Double-click on HTC USB Sync.

6.jpg

WV8 - In the HTC USB Sync Properties click the Driver tab and then Update Driver.

7.jpg

WV9 - In the Update Driver Software Wizard, click the Browse my computer for driver software button.

8.jpg

WV10 - Continuing in the Update Driver Software Wizard, click the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer button.

9.jpg

WV11 - Continuing in the Update Driver Software Wizard, click the Have Disk button.

10.jpg

WV12 - In the Locate File dialog, browse to where you downloaded the driver. Select the 32-bit folder if you use the 32-bit edition of Windows, or select the 64-bit folder if you use the 64-bit edition. Select wceusbsh.inf and click the Open button.

11.jpg

WV12 - Back in the Update Driver Software Wizard, select the HTC USB Sync and click Next.

12.jpg

WV14 - Continuing in the Update Driver Software Wizard, you will see a message: The hardware you installed will not work until you restart your computer.

This is not true at all, do not restart. Click Finish.

13.jpg

WV15 - The Device Manager will show an exclamation point next to the HTC USB Sync. Unplug the USB cable from your phone. You will notice the bootloader on your phone change from USB to Serial.

14.jpg

WV16 - The Device Manager will no longer show the HTC USB Sync. Plug the USB cable back in to your phone. You will notice the bootloader on your phone change from Serial to USB. The Device Manager will now show the HTC USB Sync as fully functional. You are done!

16.jpg

A big noobish question: what are these drivers meant for?? what are the benefits of installing them?? :D

Also interested in this one. Haven't heard of them so far :D?

If you want to use USPL or MTTY.
    Win 7 64 U
    Windows currently on Test Mode, Build 7600.

Vivo PVT Ship S-ON RL
    HBOOT 1.09.0000
    RADIO 38.02.01.11_M
    eMMC-boot

Steps given do not work. HBOOT shows HBOOT USB PLUG and HBOOT USB below in the menu.

My device manager shows 'Other devices' instead of 'Mobile devices'. My phone is detected as 'Android 1.0'. I get code 52 when trying to install the usb driver. Any ideas?

*edit*
    found a way to make RUU work. I already have a goldcard but RUU ain't detecting my phone due to the USB problem. Found out there is another way:
    Go to developer.htc.com
    Scroll to most bottom
    Download HTC Android USB Driver for Microsoft PC
    Manually install working drivers with device manager

RUU worked and I'm using Australia Virgin Gingerbread rom now :D