[Android 2.2+] CallRecorder - record phone calls from the phone line

1,124 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,881

By skvalex, Senior Member on 12th January 2012, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th February 2012, 12:50 PM |#101  
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoman

Hi. I want to buy that application. I have htc sensation phone rooted with stock rom. What i have to do to enable the 2 way recording?

Thanks in advance!

You should to flash kernel with 2wcr support
16th February 2012, 01:04 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
For sensation i need that one?(update-desire-2_6_35.zip) from the 1st page?

Sorry for my noob questions again.
16th February 2012, 01:24 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernon092487

i loved using this app before ICS. i hope they can make this work on ICS. really cool app!

It works for ICS.

I'm running on Cyanogenmod 9 experimental build.

Version: 9-01292012-CODEWORKX-SGS2
Baseband: I9100XXLPB
Kernal: 3.0.15-I9100XXLP6-CL72050 [email protected] #3
16th February 2012, 02:33 PM |#104  
Flag Grapevine, Texas
Thanks Meter: 844

Donate to Me
More
I installed it on my evo 3d im running a kernel with 2 way call suport. What does it mean by under the kernel patch version it says kernel is not patched or 2wcr patch is too old?
16th February 2012, 08:44 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 353

More
Same here - running latest CallRecorder build. In the app, it says the same thing. kernel isnt patched or patch is too old. It works though, albeit the other end is a little quiet.

I'm using Chad's Anthrax rev. 13 (latest) which is a VERY common Evo 3D kernel. It def has the 2 way record patch. This is probably the most popular kernel for Evo 3D so this should definitely be looked into. Any ideas on why the app says this?

Also, I wish there was an option in the menu to prevent the CallRecorder service from being started on boot every time. I'd like it to not be running all the time (even with recording disabled) as it's used rarely. Right now, all you can do is manually kill the process and it reloads every time you reset the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alpine- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alpine- Ad-Free
17th February 2012, 12:23 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoman

For sensation i need that one?(update-desire-2_6_35.zip) from the 1st page?

Sorry for my noob questions again.

The kernel you reference appears to be for the Desire, not the Sensation. Dont flash it unless you are looking for a brick.

Skvalex tells me a few posts or so up that the required kernal for Sensation is still in development and thats why the audio quality is so awful on Sensation.
18th February 2012, 02:43 AM |#107  
Flag Commerce Twp
Thanks Meter: 314

More
I have added 2wcr to version 1.2 of Lionfish Kernel for Evo 4g Incase any Evo users are looking. I have been using the trial for a couple days with out issue.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1496488
18th February 2012, 07:54 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Please add pattern lock and custom extention
19th February 2012, 05:06 AM |#109  

More
Since they say call recorders can be illegal in most areas, how can they ever know that youre recording calls anyway? Ive tried looking for the fine/jailtime that you can get but no info :/

Anyway, good app, theres always at least one time where you wish your phone could record calls
19th February 2012, 08:26 AM |#110  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWalker01

Since they say call recorders can be illegal in most areas, how can they ever know that youre recording calls anyway? Ive tried looking for the fine/jailtime that you can get but no info :/

Anyway, good app, theres always at least one time where you wish your phone could record calls

In most states, legal if one call participant knows its being recorded, and that can be the person operating the recorder. Some states require 2 party consent. Don't know for interstate if you are running a recorder in a 1 party state and the person on the other end is in a 2 party state, but probably wouldnt matter if you are recording for personal notetaking only, keeping files to yourself.
21st February 2012, 01:40 AM |#111  
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just a heads up

works prefect for HTC AMAZE .... I have tried it with different roms and kernels...all seems to work..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)