FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Video Review Win A Trip

[01/10] [DEV] [FIXED] Low Speakerphone Mic Gain & High Background Noise ONE CLICK FIX

907 posts
Thanks Meter: 203
 
By memin1857, Senior Member on 10th July 2011, 11:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th July 2011, 11:00 PM |#11  
codiak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
Its really hard to tell if you have to reboot your phone and have no real comparison.
I would need a second hd2
But more imported to me is that the mic is still about 25% too loud
Is there a way to tweak the file a bit more?
I have no programming knowledge.
 
 
13th July 2011, 12:40 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 203
 
More
I am really disappointed that no one cares about this problem

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to memin1857 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift memin1857 Ad-Free
13th July 2011, 12:47 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Flag Lodz
Thanks Meter: 77
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by memin1857

I am really disappointed that no one cares about this problem

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

ONE CARES? ONE CARES!?
I'm not the developer and my english is badly too. So I keep only my fingers crossed to make this perfect. I can not much do
13th July 2011, 01:43 PM |#14  
Rick_1995's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Santa Clara
Thanks Meter: 3,060
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codiak

What about /system/etc/firmware? I saw this path in other threads about this problem?
I have that file in /etc/firmware and /system/etc/firmware but still mic is too loud.

Edit:
OK, overwrote your file with the existing one. Mic seems better now, thanks!
But for me, its still about 25% to loud

I am a bit curios... is this file in somehow involved in bluetooth playback or music output at all?
Trough all the testing I made the last days I am unsure if at least the bluetooth playback is a little bit worse now?
I would be glad if that were not confirmed

on Android boot, /system partition is mounted and merged with "/" (root) which already contains the initramfs (the ramdisk provided with your kernel).

so just replacing the file in /system/etc/firmware and rebooting should remove and overwrite any clones thereof.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick_1995 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rick_1995 Ad-Free
13th July 2011, 02:55 PM |#15  
Senior Member
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I'm really hoping for a fix on this as well!
13th July 2011, 04:37 PM |#16  
Ambious's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Haifa
Thanks Meter: 484
 
Donate to Me
More
Not a dev, but out of pure interest - is this the reason that voice commands seem to be so shaky? The wave form when using voice search looks like static half of the time, and it just doesn't hear anything the other half.
This happens on all Gingerbread Sense builds.
13th July 2011, 04:53 PM |#17  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag ┌┐(●_●)┌┐
Thanks Meter: 816
 
More
Why is this thread pinned it is completely rediclious.

I can make a thread to

[DEV] Fixing camera bugs

[DEV] Fixing PPP data on clk

[DEV] Fixing I2C code

etc...

This are bugs that are annoying for you and you try to track attention of the developers. Let the developers fix whatever they want what they find annoying. They are not here to fix your problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to jan-willem3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jan-willem3 Ad-Free
13th July 2011, 05:12 PM |#18  
Stroid01's Avatar
Senior Member
Atlanta,GA
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Thanks for doing this OP good luck!
13th July 2011, 07:48 PM |#19  
gt2009's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan-willem3

Why is this thread pinned it is completely rediclious.

I can make a thread to

[DEV] Fixing camera bugs

[DEV] Fixing PPP data on clk

[DEV] Fixing I2C code

etc...

This are bugs that are annoying for you and you try to track attention of the developers. Let the developers fix whatever they want what they find annoying. They are not here to fix your problem.

WOW, you just prove that you’re not a developer that belongs to XDA. XDA is about helping others and not being selfish. I do hope you will change your attitude.
The Following User Says Thank You to gt2009 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gt2009 Ad-Free
13th July 2011, 07:54 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 203
 
More
It is pinned (stickied) because this is last "major" problem left that happens on every rom. All other problems can be considered minor. Please stay on topic and don't discuss about things unrelated to the problem mentioned in first of this thread. This is not only my problem, every hd2 user has it. This is the best way to get a developers attention, it is the "developers" forum.
I asked noellenchris to make this sticky for some time to see if it will get attention from a developer. I thank him here for that since I believe he shares my belief that this thread is important for the hd2 android project. Sticky making is a decision of a forum moderator.

I edited the opening post to be more detailed and specific btw.
13th July 2011, 10:31 PM |#21  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag ┌┐(●_●)┌┐
Thanks Meter: 816
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by memin1857

It is pinned (stickied) because this is last "major" problem left that happens on every rom. All other problems can be considered minor. Please stay on topic and don't discuss about things unrelated to the problem mentioned in first of this thread. This is not only my problem, every hd2 user has it. This is the best way to get a developers attention, it is the "developers" forum.
I asked noellenchris to make this sticky for some time to see if it will get attention from a developer. I thank him here for that since I believe he shares my belief that this thread is important for the hd2 android project. Sticky making is a decision of a forum moderator.

I edited the opening post to be more detailed and specific btw.

It is not on every rom aosp roms dont have this thanks to iamgpc. Try tytungs or iamgpc's rom and you will see it is not there.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes