[Guide][Stock Roms] Return Back To Stock AT&T & International

Search This thread

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
This is a 2 in one Guide!
1.For If you have the International Variant F240S, F240L, E986, E988, E989, ETC to flash back to stock in case of brick of it you just want to be back to the phone was when you first got it:)

2.And also this Same Guide can be used to Flash the Telcel E980h Firmware on the AT&T E980, The Advantage to do that is its more close to stock than the AT&T firmware, No stupid 4G/4G LTE AT&T Data Icons, They will now be 3G/H/4G/LTE the stock icons!, and Tethering should work perfect with no modding. Seems to run a lot smoother and better than the AT&T Firmware as well!

3. This Guide Can now be used to Flash TOT files as I have now included it :)

I`m not responsible for any mess ups! Be sure you back up your EFS to just be safe!, If your flashing what is supposed to be on your phone then you should be fine and wont have too.

I AM AWARE about my links, I`m currently working on my server and it will be back shortly... If your looking for the AT&T E980 KitKat TOT here it is:
http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+Optimus+G+Pro/Stock/AT&T/

KDZ Flashing Method:
The Files are Hosted on my server for fast speeds! Most if not all NEEDED KDZ files are on my Server :)
1). Download all The Files Below!

1). Firmware Files HERE!
2) Download LG Drivers - LG Drivers Here - 10.9 Mb
3) Download LG Flash Tool 2014 tool and extract - LG_Flash_Tool_2014.zip - 3.1 Mb

4) Enter to Download Mode and plug USB into your PC

5) Run LGFlashTool2014.exe and do as following pictures :
(If you cannot run LGFlashTool2014.exe, please install Visual C++ Runtime Library) - VC_RedistInstaller.exe - 47.7 Mb
Normal Flash: Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing ROM that differ from current ROM on your phone or MOD ROM.
CSE Flash: Choose this option when you need a fresh format. All data will be gone. It's suitable for upgrading or downgrading ROM or simply use this when you need to back to Stock.

lgflashtool_step1.png

lgflashtool_step2.png

No need to choose desired language, it automatically change to English as a default setting.
lgflashtool_step3.png

Wait until 100% to complete !

REMEMBER if you get Bootlooping after flashing perform a factory hard reset!
Instructions Here: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-7590

Return To Stock KDZ Method:[/U]

RETURN TO STOCK TOT Method! AT&T & Sprint Verzion & The Few International TOTs I have available Also T-Mobile Can be Flashed back this way if you are having issues!
Download
1. Download Both Stock Image File & DLL file - Download
2. LGFlashTools v1.8 - Download
3. Drivers - Download
4.Megalock DLL File: Megalock.dll Download
Credit to @madmack for making most of this Guide for the G Pro Which also works on our G2!

Install:
1. Install the LG drivers downloaded above.
2. Install LGFlashTools v1.8 (but don't run it)
3. Extract the TOT file from the ZIP

When LG Flash Tool is installed, do not launch it.

7) Copy MegaLock.dll to C:\LG\LGFlashTool, This is a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file if you have already installed LG Flash Tool on your computer.

8) When the firmware is downloaded, boot your LG G2 into Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up key and then plug the USB cable.

9) Launch LG Flash Tool.

You might see a window with Korean language, just click on OK.

Check the Select Manual Mode on the top.

10) MAKE SURE UNDER, DEVICE MANAGER, YOUR PORT IS SET TO COM 41 FOR YOUR DEVICE.

11) Click the DLL box and choose the dll file from above for you phone model.

12) Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with .tot extension.(the 2.04 gb file from above)

13) Now click the Yellow arrow button on the top left of the main window.

The firmware installation will be triggered.

Ignore if you see any temporary error and just wait patiently till it is finished.

Do not close the Flash Tool window.
14) Press and hold power button until phone turns off, leaving usb cable connected to device AND computer ,immediately hold volume up button until phone boots it into Download Mode.

Your LG G2 will restart showing firmware installation progress in percent (%).
When all is done, reboot your phone and enjoy!

Credit to@jimgustafson74 for making a cleaner guide for the TOT Method :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Downloads should be fast they are hosted on my server!

Panama or Claro E980H Currently Is the Best for USA users its more stock international as it has no rom modifications like AT&T does to Tethering and Data Icons at the top!

If you like my Findings and me risking my phone trying these to get you a good rom thats mostly stock compaired to the AT&T rom Fee free to Buy Me a Beer :D and Or Coffee:) As I am finally Legally able to buy it in my country :) As I am 21 Today Aug 31st! haha.

Last edited:

acejoker25000

Feb 25, 2009
hickory, n.c.
We can also flash international roms like feiyu we just have to flash our baseband right after. I tested feiyu v10 and everything worked. Just their super user app and a couple others didn't translate. Other then that everything works including data. Just make a backup before doing so

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
We can also flash international roms like feiyu we just have to flash our baseband right after. I tested feiyu v10 and everything worked. Just their super user app and a couple others didn't translate. Other then that everything works including data. Just make a backup before doing so

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yea I know we can flash international roms, But This is not modified or touched in anyway. This is the EXACT flash you would use to flash the international versions of the phone. These are factory images/Roms. These are not flashed via recovery these are flashed in a way like LGFlashTool. Also If you dont root this you can most likely get OTA updates for it as well! And you don`t have to be rooted or flash recovery for this.

Flashing this is what LG Made.

Also When Flashing the Telcel image you dont need the baseband it works as it.,

Reactions: khaledbebo9

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
This is very useful> tried running uptestex but get error message LGMobile.DLL is missing from your computer.

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
This is very useful> tried running uptestex but get error message LGMobile.DLL is missing from your computer.

Thanks now its working. Glad someone knows what they are doing.

Just before I click upgrade this should work for F240L?

Taking its time..12% after 4mims.

Depends on which one you used I`m not sure never tested it on any other than the E980.

The list of what I have is
http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+Optimus+G+Pro/Stock/

jimi_pooh

Jul 31, 2012
So far this has ONLY been tested on the AT&T LG-E980 but may work on others! Root and CWM is NOT required for this!
I`m not responsible for any mess ups! Be sure you back up your EFS to just be safe!

Tommrow : Aug 26th I`ll be back home and can test more International roms but so far it seems that the Telcel Stock Rom will be the best one for the people who have the AT&T E980 as it a FULLY English Rom! Telcel is a cell phone carrier in Mexico which carries a LG-E980H which is pretty much the same as our E980!

How To Guide:
How to flash ROM:
1) Download the Rom You Want! (Currently Just the Telcel) (unless someone wants to test another one)

ROM Download is at the Bottom of the Guide

2) Download LG mobile support tool and Install it. (It will open up when its done just CLOSE IT OFF)
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe

3) Download / Install FlashTool (R&D Test Tool)
http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+Optimus+G+Pro/Programs/

4) Install LG drivers (can skip if you already installed)

5) Power off your G pro, press Volume Up + Volume Dn keys and then plus-in the usb cable (enter to a download mode)

6) Extract FlashTool and run UpTestEX.exe

7) In R&D Test Tool window,
Select Type = 3GQCT (top left hand side)
PhoneMode = DIAG (top right hand side)
Select kdz file = click to select your LG stock rom *.kdz
Click "Normal web upgrade test" (bottom right hand side)
Then another window "read phone information" pop up, click "Upgrade Start" button
wait a few seconds, another window "Select Country & Language" pop up,
=> Country=Republic of Korea
=> Language=English
you can click ok to proceed

8) All Done and wait for finish!

9) Be Sure that after flashing to perform a reset as for some reason flashing this does not remove what was there before until you reset.

Rom Downloads
Telcel E980H: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+Optimus+G+Pro/Stock/Telcel+E980h/

Here is a link to the rest of the Roms, Which I HAVE NO TRIED YET SO BE WARNED! :

Telcel Rom Currently Is the Best for USA users, It does have Telcel stuff but its more stock international as it has no rom modifications like AT&T does to Tethering and Data Icons at the top and locking settings as Telcel does not!

Just a Note: I do not care for the modifed theme on the launcher but I think it can be fixed by either using a different included them or just load the optimus theme from the AT&T Version or Korean Version and it should look better:) Its just a personal preference:)

Also Tethering should work with no issue tethering plan or not on the rom as well!
To Get Data to work you will need to input the APN of your carrier. Also for the AT&T E980 if you want to here is the download link to the baseband which is recomended but not fully required and in which you would need to root and install CWM after flashing this to be able to flash the baseband, Download Link: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+Optimus+G+Pro/Modems/AT&T+E980+Baseband/

ScreenShots:
Screenshot_2013-08-25-17-47-2e9.png

Screenshot_2013-08-25-18-36-32.png

Dude this is amazing. Mad crazy roms are coming now. Thanks

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
Depends on which one you used I`m not sure never tested it on any other than the E980.

The list of what I have is

thanks man very helpful still same result though can't upgrade, stuck in download mode.....nothing seems to work.
Cant get into recovery mode nor boot up...help

This is the message I get when using your method

01:38:41 : Step : TYPE_WPARAM_UPGRADE_ERROR
01:38:41 : CleanModelDll() : Free Model.dll
01:38:41 : _DetachDLL Call
01:38:46 : _DetachDLL Call End
01:38:46 : Page_Error ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù
01:38:46 : ¿©±â´Â Retry ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù
01:38:46 : Page_Error ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù
01:38:46 : ¿©±â´Â Retry ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù

Last edited:

jimi_pooh

Jul 31, 2012
The parameters you posted in the instructions, are those default values to be used for any .kdz file?

hwooei

Aug 1, 2012
Can be use to flash LG e98810a Indonesia stock firmware kdz? Anyone try?
Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
The parameters you posted in the instructions, are those default values to be used for any .kdz file?

Yes somewhat, They CAN be used as I guide to flash the stock firmware to any of the Optimus G Pro Models. I`m uploading most of the stock firmwares :)
this firmware has the Russian language? and features: smart on and dual camera?

Idk about the Russian language Mexico is a Spanish Speaking Country lol. Some of the roms might have it anyway though.
Can be use to flash LG e98810a Indonesia stock firmware kdz? Anyone try?
Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app

Yes it can be used with the E98810a Indonesia KDZ

hwooei

Aug 1, 2012
Yes somewhat, They CAN be used as I guide to flash the stock firmware to any of the Optimus G Pro Models. I`m uploading most of the stock firmwares :)

Idk about the Russian language Mexico is a Spanish Speaking Country lol. Some of the roms might have it anyway though.

Yes it can be used with the E98810a Indonesia KDZ

try and working for e98810a indonesia :laugh:
thanks my phone back to stock..
this thread should be sticky..
:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a 2 in one Guide!
    1.For If you have the International Variant F240S, F240L, E986, E988, E989, ETC to flash back to stock in case of brick of it you just want to be back to the phone was when you first got it:)

2.And also this Same Guide can be used to Flash the Telcel E980h Firmware on the AT&T E980, The Advantage to do that is its more close to stock than the AT&T firmware, No stupid 4G/4G LTE AT&T Data Icons, They will now be 3G/H/4G/LTE the stock icons!, and Tethering should work perfect with no modding. Seems to run a lot smoother and better than the AT&T Firmware as well!

3. This Guide Can now be used to Flash TOT files as I have now included it :)

I`m not responsible for any mess ups! Be sure you back up your EFS to just be safe!, If your flashing what is supposed to be on your phone then you should be fine and wont have too.

I AM AWARE about my links, I`m currently working on my server and it will be back shortly... If your looking for the AT&T E980 KitKat TOT here it is:
    http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+Optimus+G+Pro/Stock/AT&T/

KDZ Flashing Method:
    The Files are Hosted on my server for fast speeds! Most if not all NEEDED KDZ files are on my Server :)
    1). Download all The Files Below!

1). Firmware Files HERE!
    2) Download LG Drivers - LG Drivers Here - 10.9 Mb
    3) Download LG Flash Tool 2014 tool and extract - LG_Flash_Tool_2014.zip - 3.1 Mb

4) Enter to Download Mode and plug USB into your PC

5) Run LGFlashTool2014.exe and do as following pictures :
    (If you cannot run LGFlashTool2014.exe, please install Visual C++ Runtime Library) - VC_RedistInstaller.exe - 47.7 Mb
    Normal Flash: Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing ROM that differ from current ROM on your phone or MOD ROM.
    CSE Flash: Choose this option when you need a fresh format. All data will be gone. It's suitable for upgrading or downgrading ROM or simply use this when you need to back to Stock.

lgflashtool_step1.png

lgflashtool_step2.png

No need to choose desired language, it automatically change to English as a default setting.
    lgflashtool_step3.png

Wait until 100% to complete !

REMEMBER if you get Bootlooping after flashing perform a factory hard reset!
    Instructions Here: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-7590

Return To Stock KDZ Method:[/U]

RETURN TO STOCK TOT Method! AT&T & Sprint Verzion & The Few International TOTs I have available Also T-Mobile Can be Flashed back this way if you are having issues!
    Download
    1. Download Both Stock Image File & DLL file - Download
    2. LGFlashTools v1.8 - Download
    3. Drivers - Download
    4.Megalock DLL File: Megalock.dll Download
    Credit to @madmack for making most of this Guide for the G Pro Which also works on our G2!

Install:
    1. Install the LG drivers downloaded above.
    2. Install LGFlashTools v1.8 (but don't run it)
    3. Extract the TOT file from the ZIP

When LG Flash Tool is installed, do not launch it.

7) Copy MegaLock.dll to C:\LG\LGFlashTool, This is a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file if you have already installed LG Flash Tool on your computer.

8) When the firmware is downloaded, boot your LG G2 into Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up key and then plug the USB cable.

9) Launch LG Flash Tool.

You might see a window with Korean language, just click on OK.

Check the Select Manual Mode on the top.

10) MAKE SURE UNDER, DEVICE MANAGER, YOUR PORT IS SET TO COM 41 FOR YOUR DEVICE.

11) Click the DLL box and choose the dll file from above for you phone model.

12) Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with .tot extension.(the 2.04 gb file from above)

13) Now click the Yellow arrow button on the top left of the main window.

The firmware installation will be triggered.

Ignore if you see any temporary error and just wait patiently till it is finished.

Do not close the Flash Tool window.
    14) Press and hold power button until phone turns off, leaving usb cable connected to device AND computer ,immediately hold volume up button until phone boots it into Download Mode.

Your LG G2 will restart showing firmware installation progress in percent (%).
    When all is done, reboot your phone and enjoy!

Credit to@jimgustafson74 for making a cleaner guide for the TOT Method :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panama or Claro E980H Currently Is the Best for USA users its more stock international as it has no rom modifications like AT&T does to Tethering and Data Icons at the top!

If you like my Findings and me risking my phone trying these to get you a good rom thats mostly stock compaired to the AT&T rom Fee free to Buy Me a Beer :D and Or Coffee:) As I am finally Legally able to buy it in my country :) As I am 21 Today Aug 31st! haha.
    Thanks
    But i want to tot AT&T 4.4.2

Would be available when the TOT KK 4.4.2 AT&T??, hopefully it delivered soon .. =(

Its HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hosted on my server for great speeds :)) Thank you @wolfgart Be sure you thank him!!!!!

4.4.2 KitKat - BIN_LGE980AT-00-V20g-ATT-US-APR-28-2014_0.zip - 1790.9 Mb

DLL File: http://boxhost.co.uk/9ch9o24q2cf2/LGE980_20130314_LGFLASHv151.dll.html
    So far this has ONLY been tested on the AT&T LG-E980 but may work on others! Root and CWM is NOT required for this!
    I`m not responsible for any mess ups! Be sure you back up your EFS to just be safe!

Tommrow : Aug 26th I`ll be back home and can test more International roms but so far it seems that the Telcel Stock Rom will be the best one for the people who have the AT&T E980 as it a FULLY English Rom! Telcel is a cell phone carrier in Mexico which carries a LG-E980H which is pretty much the same as our E980!

How To Guide:
    How to flash ROM:
    1) Download the Rom You Want! (Currently Just the Telcel) (unless someone wants to test another one)

ROM Download is at the Bottom of the Guide

2) Download LG mobile support tool and Install it. (It will open up when its done just CLOSE IT OFF)
    http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe

3) Download / Install FlashTool (R&D Test Tool)

4) Install LG drivers (can skip if you already installed)

5) Power off your G pro, press Volume Up + Volume Dn keys and then plus-in the usb cable (enter to a download mode)

6) Extract FlashTool and run UpTestEX.exe

7) In R&D Test Tool window,
    Select Type = 3GQCT (top left hand side)
    PhoneMode = DIAG (top right hand side)
    Select kdz file = click to select your LG stock rom *.kdz
    Click "Normal web upgrade test" (bottom right hand side)
    Then another window "read phone information" pop up, click "Upgrade Start" button
    wait a few seconds, another window "Select Country & Language" pop up,
    => Country=Republic of Korea
    => Language=English
    you can click ok to proceed

8) All Done and wait for finish!

9) Be Sure that after flashing to perform a reset as for some reason flashing this does not remove what was there before until you reset.

Rom Downloads
    Telcel E980H: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+Optimus+G+Pro/Stock/Telcel+E980h/

Here is a link to the rest of the Roms, Which I HAVE NO TRIED YET SO BE WARNED! :

Telcel Rom Currently Is the Best for USA users, It does have Telcel stuff but its more stock international as it has no rom modifications like AT&T does to Tethering and Data Icons at the top and locking settings as Telcel does not!

Just a Note: I do not care for the modifed theme on the launcher but I think it can be fixed by either using a different included them or just load the optimus theme from the AT&T Version or Korean Version and it should look better:) Its just a personal preference:)

Also Tethering should work with no issue tethering plan or not on the rom as well!
    To Get Data to work you will need to input the APN of your carrier. Also for the AT&T E980 if you want to here is the download link to the baseband which is recomended but not fully required and in which you would need to root and install CWM after flashing this to be able to flash the baseband, Download Link: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+Optimus+G+Pro/Modems/AT&T+E980+Baseband/

ScreenShots:
    Screenshot_2013-08-25-17-47-2e9.png

Screenshot_2013-08-25-18-36-32.png

Dude this is amazing. Mad crazy roms are coming now. Thanks
    I hope you can find someone who knows the answer to these questions, because I'm facing them as well. Seems sorta' dead around here.

Ok I'm about to try flashing one of the international Rom.

#1 From what I've gathered from reading through thid thread the Panama Rom has the least bloat/junk would that be correct?

#2 I've read conflicting posts some saying freegee works on Panama Rom & some saying it doesn't, can anyone confirm freegee does in fact work on Panama & Telcel Roms?

#C. Has anyone ran either of these Roms and G2V4? IF SO how DO they stack up against each other I'm currently running G2V4, and like it but am always looking for smother and stabiler minus the AT$T CRAP!

1.Panama rom does have less bloat but not by much. Its not worth flashing just for that (imho) If you want tether though I would say that one is your best bet if your in the U.S.

2. As of 2 days ago freegee still would not work with the 980h rom (the one we are talking about) Myself and several others have uploaded to try and get this rom listed but so far nothing.

3. Dont know about that rom but the easiest is to disable all the ATT crap with the stock rom. The next step would be to go ahead and root the stock and then install a better freeze
    /uninstall app from the market. There are 3 really good ones that I know of that will fully uninstall att and lg factory apps if you are rooted. Then adjust your ram clear period and process kill control in task manager/menu/settings

I just came back to stock and have done everything above. I run with 990 mb free in ram most of the time and very little space taken up in storage. Its funny I have a 16 gb class 10 sd card in mine and never use it except as yet one more back up for pics..lol im backed up to two clouds, a computer, and a phone already :)

I found this guide to be the most clear if or when you go back to stock (follow every single instruction carefully)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302660

I found the guide here in this thread the best for going to the 980h though. It went fairly smooth as long as you have a win 7 machine.
    My server and all links should be back up in a few hours. There was an attack which caused some issues. Everything is being sorted to be back :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk