Thanks Meter: 4

By ddslee, Member on 21st June 2014, 11:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd June 2014, 12:55 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 765

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddslee

Once I get a hold of the nandroid backup file, I can restore from ClockworkMod Recovery and the camera will be instantly fixed?

I used to just use RUU files for my HTC M7 and M8 to go back to stock and never used nandroid before.

Once I fix the camera, do I remove custom recovery and then unroot before patching the 4.4.3 OTA?

Sorry about the noob questions. This is my first Sony device. Thank you for your help!

This is my first Sony since the X10a and I have had it for maybe a month. I have more questions than answers, a nandroid from your own device will fix your own device. Never got answer about restoring to another device, camera only stays fixed on 4.4.2 once you update to 4.4.3 it will break again. Word of warning do not flash any Sony ftf files as the GPe has a different partition layout.
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adfurgerson Ad-Free

22nd June 2014, 12:56 AM |#12  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

I would try this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761698
with the 4.4.2 full OTA

Will it work?
Will the OTA zip need editing to remove the version check, and will that work?

@DooMLoRD?

I tried it but the phone wouldn't take it because of the version check. I wish there is a patched version.
Btw, what does the 4.4.3 OTA do that breaks the camera? Is it the unlocked boot loader or the presence of custom recovery at the time of update?
22nd June 2014, 01:01 AM |#13  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson

This is my first Sony since the X10a and I have had it for maybe a month. I have more questions than answers, a nandroid from your own device will fix your own device. Never got answer about restoring to another device, camera only stays fixed on 4.4.2 once you update to 4.4.3 it will break again. Word of warning do not flash any Sony ftf files as the GPe has a different partition layout.

Thanks for the warning. Btw, what is a 'system dump' and is it flashable on a GPE device? There is a ZU4.4.2.zip system dump file in one of the threads. I have unzipped the file and it contains 10 image files.

fsg.img
LTALabel.img
modemst1.img
modemst2.img
ramdump.img
rpm.img
s1sbl.img
sbl1.img
system.img
tz.img
22nd June 2014, 01:15 AM |#14  

More
Quote:

Thanks for the warning. Btw, what is a 'system dump' and is it flashable on a GPE device? There is a ZU4.4.2.zip system dump file in one of the threads. I have unzipped the file and it contains 10 image files.

fsg.img
LTALabel.img
modemst1.img
modemst2.img
ramdump.img
rpm.img
s1sbl.img
sbl1.img
system.img
tz.img

I think those are all the partitions, and no one has determined why some people end up with broken cameras on update. I wouldn't try any ZU stuff only GPe ( some of them like system may not brick your phone but then you have frankenfirmware) anyways I am out for the night and phone is going dead, I'll check back tomorrow.
22nd June 2014, 01:17 AM |#15  
OP Member

More
Quote:

I think those are all the partitions, and no one has determined why some people end up with broken cameras on update. I wouldn't try any ZU stuff only GPe ( some of them like system may not brick your phone but then you have frankenfirmware) anyways I am out for the night and phone is going dead, I'll check back tomorrow.

Thank you so much! I will wait for your Nandroid backup file. Hope that fixes the camera problem. This phone is a birthday present for my wife. She wouldn't mind being stuck at 4.4.2 forever as long as camera is working.
22nd June 2014, 01:37 AM |#16  

More
Quote:

Thank you so much! I will wait for your Nandroid backup file. Hope that fixes the camera problem. This phone is a birthday present for my wife. She wouldn't mind being stuck at 4.4.2 forever as long as camera is working.

Sorry if I wasn't clear I will try to pull 4.4.2 system img. and boot img. So you could fastboot them per DooMLoRD suggestion. I still am not clear if my nandroid would work on your phone or whether it would put my info at risk. But first thing I am going to try just to satisfy my own curiosity is update to 4.4.3 then flash a boot img. with flashtool, flash custom ROM then try to restore to 4.4.2 using stock recovery and adb. If that works it will be a route for everyone that needs it. I suck at communicating my thoughts into a post but will be willing to help make a guide if it works.
22nd June 2014, 01:43 AM |#17  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,641

Donate to Me
More
Easy enough to remove the version check in the 4.4.2 ota, and I'm sure that it would then install with only a error on patching the bootloader.
Maybe you should move this to the gpe section so doomlord might see it sooner

Sent from CarbonROM on my Z-Ultra
22nd June 2014, 01:45 AM |#18  
OP Member

More
Talking
Quote:

Sorry if I wasn't clear I will try to pull 4.4.2 system img. and boot img. So you could fastboot them per DooMLoRD suggestion. I still am not clear if my nandroid would work on your phone or whether it would put my info at risk. But first thing I am going to try just to satisfy my own curiosity is update to 4.4.3 then flash a boot img. with flashtool, flash custom ROM then try to restore to 4.4.2 using stock recovery and adb. If that works it will be a route for everyone that needs it. I suck at communicating my thoughts into a post but will be willing to help make a guide if it works.

Thanks. 4.4.2 system.img and boot,img files would be of great help to me. I really hope that will fix my device,
Thank you so much!!!!
22nd June 2014, 02:40 AM |#19  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,641

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks. 4.4.2 system.img and boot,img files would be of great help to me. I really hope that will fix my device,
Thank you so much!!!!

Quote:

@adfurgerson, another option to help @ddslee might be to flash a Carbon version (maybe pre 4.4.3) then the the 4.4.2 OTA?
22nd June 2014, 05:00 AM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

@adfurgerson, another option to help @ddslee might be to flash a Carbon version (maybe pre 4.4.3) then the the 4.4.2 OTA?

@blueether I am at 4.4.2 GPe right now with advanced stock kernel, DooMLoRD posted stock kernel in a flashable zip that we can get boot img from I assume. Now I need to know how to pull the system img and we should be able to get some progress. My idea of trying to go to custom ROM to get back to stock is probably not the best option for someone only needing to downgrade to get camera back.
22nd June 2014, 05:35 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I was checking the Sony DualShock wireless 3 controller.. for my xperia zu.. bt cost me around 5000.that price is quite heavy .so I want to know if any othey(any cheap brand controler) can work on my device..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)