Dorimanx's Kernel (STOCK) Q&A Thread

Search This thread

SREEPRAJAY

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 9, 2010
CITY OF PARKS
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Guys,

After we find a hell a lot of love of Q&A posts in the original Kernel thread, I think of doing something to relieve the main thread from all these posts....

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE
Original thread here

Please use this thread to post all your answers and questions about the Kernel here

THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

After we find a hell a lot of love of Q&A posts in the original Kernel thread, I think of doing something to relieve the main thread from all these posts....

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE

Please use this thread to post all your answers and questions about the Kernel here

THANKS

Excellent!
Hopefully this helps everyone and the dev thread :good:

Ok, been dying to ask this.
Been searching everywhere but can't find any good info about new governors introduced in 2.3, Nightmare and HYPER.
Does anybody have a good explanation about those?
And then in relation to the known governors like Ondemand and Interactive for example.

Thanks!

Unleashed1985

Sep 6, 2012
Info about governors (Hyper and others, no Nightmare)... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1663809

A bit of info about Nightmare (credit to ming86)...

A modified PegasusQ, less aggressive (Which means not as good performance-wise), and doesn't usually hotplug. It is good for a balance between performance and battery life. May prevent the 'Screen of death' as well, since it doesn't hotplug.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: xosinchan

Tinchoska

Jul 19, 2011
Hudson, Buenos Aires
Great idea!!!!!!! Question. Is it possible to use another kernel tunning app? Like trickster? (I've been told faux's app but I wanna know if I can use another)

Enviado desde mi LG-D806 mediante Tapatalk

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Great idea!!!!!!! Question. Is it possible to use another kernel tunning app? Like trickster? (I've been told faux's app but I wanna know if I can use another)

Performance control and android tuner work as well.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

trav06

Apr 25, 2013
Why does STweaks auto-install root on each reboot by default? Anyone flashing the kernel and running STweaks is rooted already, so what's the point?

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
Why does STweaks auto-install root on each reboot by default? Anyone flashing the kernel and running STweaks is rooted already, so what's the point?

i would like it if updating root and busybox was left up to the device's owner also, but it is dorimanx's kernel so he can do whatever he wants with it. as a developer he is not obligated to pacify the people choosing to use his kernel.

trav06

Apr 25, 2013
Trickster reports the BusyBox installation as incomplete, and since the kernel auto-installs busybox on boot too I can't fix it. Seems like a lot happens on every boot that isn't necessary. I'm happy with the kernel, just wish some of those things were dialed back.

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
Trickster reports the BusyBox installation as incomplete, and since the kernel auto-installs busybox on boot too I can't fix it. Seems like a lot happens on every boot that isn't necessary. I'm happy with the kernel, just wish some of those things were dialed back.

the reason trickster reports that is because dorimanx is using a modified busybox to get some things working with his kernel and trickster doesnt recognize it. he said in his thread that he has fixed that and will be with next release.

Tinchoska

Jul 19, 2011
Hudson, Buenos Aires
Guys can you please tell me which configuration you have? Cause I am a little lost on that.... I don't understand that much to touch the kernel's configurations

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
Guys can you please tell me which configuration you have? Cause I am a little lost on that.... I don't understand that much to touch the kernel's configurations

Honestly if you don't understand then you should stick with the stock kernel. Or stick with this kernels default settings. It's just safer to do till you can get a better understanding of what the settings do.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Tinchoska

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010

Google the respective governors & schedulers. They're not unique to this device and will generally operate the same across all the devices that support them. That's going to give you a better understanding than anything that the context of this thread will allow.
When you do feel confident enough to start playing with the settings, do a full back up first.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tinchoska

dorimanx

Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com

i will remove auto ROOT install on boot. and allow USER to decide.
About busybox it's critical component for my scripts. and must be updated.

i will have perfect busybox in next release soon.
all apps will work with it.

PearLRoX

Oct 18, 2012
βelgium
On 2.0 i got a fast charge working in.car and pc.. but now on 2.2 and 2.3 it charge back slow like stock (slow charge notification is back)

Thx for the help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey @dorimanx
    Any news about lp? My d802 wait you for upgrade version

today i have added +108 commits to LP kernel (NOT IN GIT YET!)

added OC 2.8, enabled all CPU GOVS + ALL HOTPLUGS + Touch boost driver
    + cpu freq limit control + multiple freq cores + sweep2sleep and much more!

80% of features already added!

now left GPU OC + GPU driver update and add new GPU govs.

then merge all the optimization code for all kind of drivers...

you will have to wait some more... it's hard task, and i can work on it only at my free time. at work or home...

and the most important is the sound driver updates! it's 500+ commits! 1/8 of all kernel changes in KK! very big task!
    and LP code is changed, cant just copy paste! need to carefully merge and correct merge errors.
    Took the plunge tonight and updated to 30e so I can be ready. ☺ Viper working, xposed working just wait patiently now. ☺

[root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]# git commit
    On branch master
    Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1778 commits.
    (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
    nothing to commit, working directory clean
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]

i will be testing soon.

doing backups now :)

EDIT!

IT'S A LIVE!!!! Its alive YEEE!!!!

root@g2:/ # uname -a
    uname -a
    Linux localhost 3.4.107-Kernel-Dorimanx-V1.0-LG-D802-PWR-CORE+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 23 01:25:48 IDT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
    root@g2:/ #

dancing in my chair :)

after some more tests. i have pushed all changes to GIT.

Code:
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]# git commit
    On branch master
    Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1816 commits.
      (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
    nothing to commit, working directory clean
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]#
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]# git push
    Enter passphrase for key '/root/.ssh/id_rsa':
    Counting objects: 12468, done.
    Delta compression using up to 16 threads.
    Compressing objects: 100% (4324/4324), done.
    Writing objects: 100% (12468/12468), 2.88 MiB | 680.00 KiB/s, done.
    Total 12468 (delta 10478), reused 9813 (delta 8116)
    To git@github.com:dorimanx/DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL.git
       46235fa..eaca087  master -> master
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]#
    @dorimanx just as an idea, how's the LP stuff going on atm ? I mean not specific, just in a general view :D

hmm... good i guess :)

I have merged all the patches from 3.4.1 to 3.4.107 :)
    merged my custom drivers.

and today i have merged 932 commits from my KK kernel :) not in git yet.
    much more needed before it's will even build till the end.

but it's going good :) i am using KK ROM and latest build from my fixes...

i will wait till i finish 80% of my changes before moving to LP and try to stay there....

stay tuned :)
    Guys,

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE
    Original thread here

THANKS
    [GUIDE] JB KK bootloaders ROM kernel (re)-instal AOSP stock, etc

Files: http://www.dorimanx.com/LG/

NOTE: This is for D802, if you have another variant just substitute "flash KK bootloader" or "flash JB bootloader" with the following (from OP):
    "I have created ONE flash zip with all that needed for D802, including stock stuff from 20D KDZ image.
    find for your model, extract needed partitions as in my zip, replace and flash.
    too hard??? leave it alone and keep using JB bootloader till you find mind power to do it".
    This means: download the D802 KK bootloader flash file, download your model's kdz, extract the files needed (same as in the D802 KK booloader flashfile), replace them in the zip and flash or install everything manually.
    Same for JB bootloader zip file.
    If you are reading this then you know how to do this. If not then just stick to JB or buy a D802.

IMPORTANT: if you do NOT know how to unbrick a phone through download mode and installing custom KDZ and all the rest of it then please don't blame anyone. There are threads in xda for un-bricking.

************************************************************************************************************
    First I repeat the steps for installing BUMPED KK bootloader:
    Phone status: non-bumped recovery, non-bumped kernel, JB bootloader, stock-based ROM
    You want to: install KK bootloader
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash bumped TWRP 2.8.1.1
    3) reboot to recovery
    4) flash Dorimanx 9.1 kernel
    5) flash KK bootloader
    6) reboot to system
    You now have: bumped recovery, bumped kernel, KK bootloader, stock-based ROM
    ************************************************************************************************************

IMPORTANT: After you have installed BUMPED TWRP 2.8.1.1, you NEVER need to replace it with non-BUMPED version. It works with JB bootloader too.

Installing a new/different stock-based JB ROM (or dirty flash or clean flash existing ROM) but want to keep KK bootloader:
    Phone status: Bumped recovery, bumped kernel , KK bootloader , stock-based ROM (ie: you just did all the steps above)
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash stock-based JB ROM as per OP (inc wipes if necessary)
    3) flash BUMPED dorimanx 9.1 kernel BEFORE REBOOT TO SYSTEM
    4) reboot to system

Returning to JB bootloader with your current ROM:
    Phone status: Bumped recovery, Bumped kernel, KK bootloader , stock-based ROM
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash JB bootloader
    3) reboot to system
    You now have: bumped recovery, bumped kernel, JB bootloader, same ROM as before

Installing JB AOSP ROM (with non-bumped kernel):
    Phone status: Bumped recovery, Bumped kernel, KK bootloader , stock-based ROM
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash JB bootloader
    3) flash JB AOSP ROM as per OP (inc wipes if necessary)
    4) reboot to system
    You now have: bumped recovery, non-bumped kernel, JB bootloader, AOSP ROM

Installing stock-based JB ROM and go to KK bootloader from AOSP ROM:
    Phone status: Bumped recovery, non-bumped kernel , JB bootloader , ANY ROM
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash stock-based JB ROM as per OP (inc wipes if necessary)
    3) reboot to system
    4) install ROM, let it settle for 5 minutes
    5) reboot to recovery
    6) flash BUMPED dorimanx 9.1 kernel
    7) flash KK bootloader
    8) reboot to system

PS: thanks to vpro97 for checking and Dorimanx of course for making all this happen :)