FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
2 questions, please:

1) after i flashed my hd2 with WP7, my sd card shrank from 16GB to 200MB. how did this happen??

2) and how do i play music and movies from my sd card in my hd2 with WP7?
19th May 2011, 05:37 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolxx

2 questions, please:

1) after i flashed my hd2 with WP7, my sd card shrank from 16GB to 200MB. how did this happen??

2) and how do i play music and movies from my sd card in my hd2 with WP7?

1) I've read other's who have had a similar problem. Search the forums. I believe it has something with residuals from previous ROMs. Try task29 before flashing.

2) Seriously asking this???? You use Zune to put content on to your phone! WP7 works through Zune. Have you not read any of the "how-to install WP7" write-ups and the requirements for syncing with your PC?

It isn't any different from what you did with WM6.5, just a different interface.
19th May 2011, 02:02 PM |#3  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjhjhj

1) I've read other's who have had a similar problem. Search the forums. I believe it has something with residuals from previous ROMs. Try task29 before flashing.

2) Seriously asking this???? You use Zune to put content on to your phone! WP7 works through Zune. Have you not read any of the "how-to install WP7" write-ups and the requirements for syncing with your PC?

It isn't any different from what you did with WM6.5, just a different interface.

thanks for the info but you got to relax. you cant get angry at someone for not knowing something. if people were as knowledgeable, they wouoldnt be posting questions on a forum.
19th May 2011, 07:18 AM |#4  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 494

Donate to Me
More
Ignore him, i dont know why his ranting on about zune and WM6.5

But he is right in that this is covered on here already
Try searching for "200MB" on the search this forum tool, heres a couple to get you started.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...28&postcount=6

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...duced+to+200MB
19th May 2011, 02:13 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza9075

Ignore him, i dont know why his ranting on about zune and WM6.5

But he is right in that this is covered on here already
Try searching for "200MB" on the search this forum tool, heres a couple to get you started.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...28&postcount=6

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...duced+to+200MB

hey dazza.. thank you for the info. i'm reading the links you provided. hopefully, i can resurrect my sd card back to 16 GB. thanks man.
19th May 2011, 02:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

hey dazza.. thank you for the info. i'm reading the links you provided. hopefully, i can resurrect my sd card back to 16 GB. thanks man.

I didn't look at the links, but it basically has to do with how WP7 formats your SD card. It can be reformatted in a way that reflects the size of the card. I can provide you with more help if you'd like.
19th May 2011, 02:56 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewden123

I didn't look at the links, but it basically has to do with how WP7 formats your SD card. It can be reformatted in a way that reflects the size of the card. I can provide you with more help if you'd like.

hey drewden.. thanks for the info. below is what a poster said on one of the links. I'm going to try it so i can get my sd card back to 16 GB again:

Quote:

Enter MAGLDR, go to USB, connect it to the computer, run SD Formatter,Select correct drive, Options - Format Type= Full Erase On -Format Size Adjustment =ON.

This has been covered many times since the introduction of WP7.

19th May 2011, 03:22 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

hey drewden.. thanks for the info. below is what a poster said on one of the links. I'm going to try it so i can get my sd card back to 16 GB again:

All right. Keep us updated on if it works.
25th May 2015, 11:03 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How can we reformat the SD card in a way to increase the FAT size instead of the default 200MB ?
26th May 2015, 06:37 PM |#10  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,901

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayatabukhadra

How can we reformat the SD card in a way to increase the FAT size instead of the default 200MB ?

There are a couple of ways, but why exactly do you want to do this? Dual booting with android possibly?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)