[AROMA][Flashable][Custom_ROMs][User_Request]Flashable Fonts :)

Search This thread

thewisenerd

Sep 27, 2012
Your request :)

# Ubuntu font
# Rose Mary (s3 font) (my fav)
:D

Ubuntu Font was easy to get, all the bold, bold italic, and italic styles, from http://font.ubuntu.com/, so, it will be more... clear sorta. difference between bold, bold italic styles and all. :angel: :victory:

but, in the case of rosemary, I could get only the *regular* style. So, all the fonts would be the same, with no difference in bold, bold italic styles and all. :mad: p.s. got the rosemary font from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688716

Anyways, links:

Ubuntu:

Rosemary:

small note: i didn't test it because my poor pico's digitizer broke :crying: take a backup (just in case)...

Reactions: Pee_kee

ks2793

Jun 25, 2013
CM9 users should not use this app

Just sharing a more easier way I found a few days ago which involves no flashing..
Download the app Font Installer (attached) and install it
Fire it up and u can download whatever font u want and preview and apply it.
Or u can download the attached Choco Cooky or MaryDale font and apply it that way also through the app ..

well i tried doing this...but firstly Cyanogen team strongly advises against installing any custom fonts through an app and secondly when i installed this app it worked fine a couple of times then it started getting stuck and i had to reboot my phone and it got stuck on the reboot screen. So i guess we should avoid using it.

Reactions: thewisenerd

thewisenerd

Sep 27, 2012
finally...

well i tried doing this...but firstly Cyanogen team strongly advises against installing any custom fonts through an app and secondly when i installed this app it worked fine a couple of times then it started getting stuck and i had to reboot my phone and it got stuck on the reboot screen. So i guess we should avoid using it.

even though you are correct, lemme muddle up things... (even I too am not too clear about it...)

There are ~25-30 fonts in Android (29 in cm10.1) with each font having a specific purpose. (example: androidclock.ttf for clock) and so on... When you use a *so-called* font installer app, it either replaces only one of the fonts, or doesn't set permissions correctly, or sometimes, even both. That is where this (flash-font) might come in handy.

what does a flashable zip contain?
fonts (d'uh)
and, the meta-inf folder which has the updater-script.
the updater script plays an important role...

what does flashing a zip do?
  • mounts the partition
  • deletes the previous fonts
  • extracts new fonts
  • symlinks fonts (takes up lesser space on symlinking)
  • sets permissions (new update in flash-font. have to push changes... what's flashfont? this)
  • exits

so, pretty self explanatory. all fonts are replaced (*some fonts are symlinked, but nevertheless...). so, possibility of errors is less. as for permissions is concerned, it usually doesn't create a problem, but, i have to include it in the updater script for safety in the flashfont project (soon). so, i hope people now understand why they should switch over from *font-installing* apps to such flashable zips. :D

and, yes, that update for flash-font is sure due for sometime now :p

DoctorDoom96

Dec 28, 2014
Hi, i have an Huawei P7.. can i use this .zip to install the font on my device? Or it don't work on other phone?

Top Liked Posts