FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,511 posts
Thanks Meter: 28,976

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd August 2019, 05:26 PM |#30831  
Flag Santa Cruz
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brabbitnl

My settings are exactly the same. I looked on the website version of pCloud and there it tells me that MiXplorer has full access. I also checked whether I gave the app storage permissions, and I turned out I did. Its weird that it does not work, as any other cloud storage works just fine.

I had problems with pcloud before. I simply installed a new pcloud bookmark (which worked fine) then uninstalled the old one.

23rd August 2019, 03:19 AM |#30832  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi
I had problems with mxplayer when I stream movie in Google Team Driver
I have three devices (Sony xz3, Xiaomi Pacophone F1, HUAWEI MediaPad M5)
Only Xiaomi Pacophone F1 can play movie completed, and another two device always crash after 18~20 minute when I play movie.
The message show "The Network link disconnected"

Advance settings :
encoding=utf-8
keep_alive=on
another settings default

Logs:
https://fi.madjack.info/MiX-B1907141...8-23_13-21.txt

The mxplayer and mixplorer uses the same version
I use another APP like file manager+ don't have this problem
23rd August 2019, 08:20 PM |#30833  
Thanks Meter: 313

More
I'm running Android 8.1 on rooted Nexus player running LineageOS 15.1 with Magisk and its ExSDCard module.
Mounted an external HDD, works well and most apps recognize it and allow full browsing.
Some apps, like LibreTorrent won't allow me to go to the mount path (/mnt/media_rw) so I tried to symlink (with MiXplorer) this path into my sdcard path Download folder but without success. Is this possible? how?
Thanks!
24th August 2019, 06:50 AM |#30834  
Flag Považská Bystrica
Thanks Meter: 129

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorry

I'm running Android 8.1 on rooted Nexus player running LineageOS 15.1 with Magisk and its ExSDCard module.
Mounted an external HDD, works well and most apps recognize it and allow full browsing.
Some apps, like LibreTorrent won't allow me to go to the mount path (/mnt/media_rw) so I tried to symlink (with MiXplorer) this path into my sdcard path Download folder but without success. Is this possible? how?
Thanks!

If you use the latest ExSDCard module v3.4 new mount path is /mnt/media_rw/SDCARDNUMBER/
24th August 2019, 06:55 AM |#30835  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubalav

If you use the latest ExSDCard module v3.4 new mount path is /mnt/media_rw/SDCARDNUMBER/

Thanks. I'm aware the path includes the sdcardnumber... Didn't write it as this is not the issue. Maybe I'm using Mixplorer wrong? It does create an empty file that I believe is the symlink but that's it. Any tutorial for Mixplorer symlink feature?
24th August 2019, 10:10 AM |#30836  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,146

More
Quote:

Thanks. I'm aware the path includes the sdcardnumber... Didn't write it as this is not the issue. Maybe I'm using Mixplorer wrong? It does create an empty file that I believe is the symlink but that's it. Any tutorial for Mixplorer symlink feature?

You're probably not going to be able to do this. The problem is inherent in Android and not due to Mixplorer.

You can create, and correctly access, a symlink in /data/media/0/Downloads/ but when you try to access the symlink via /sdcard/ it'll fail. This is due to the fact that /sdcard is mounted via fuse/SDcardFS (see https://www.xda-developers.com/divin...e-io-overhead/ for more info) to emulate a fat32 file system and fat32 doesn't support symlinks. And bind mounts will fail with a cross-device link error.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
24th August 2019, 10:14 AM |#30837  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

You're probably not going to be able to do this. The problem is inherent in Android and not due to Mixplorer.

You can create, and correctly access, a symlink in /data/media/0/Downloads/ but when you try to access the symlink via /sdcard/ it'll fail. This is due to the fact that /sdcard is mounted via fuse/SDcardFS (see https://www.xda-developers.com/divin...e-io-overhead/ for more info) to emulate a fat32 file system and fat32 doesn't support symlinks. And bind mounts will fail with a cross-device link error.

Thanks for the details. I'll look for an alternative way. Maybe a different app that does support root exploring.
24th August 2019, 02:22 PM |#30838  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:

Thanks!

Bug in libre torrent. Try Flud or tTorrent
The Following User Says Thank You to Sid32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sid32 Ad-Free
26th August 2019, 10:52 AM |#30839  
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Question on Remembering
How does one set MiXplorer to remember the last directory I was in when I launch it the next time ?

Thanks
26th August 2019, 12:11 PM |#30840  
Thanks Meter: 1,254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyborian

....set MiXplorer to remember the last directory I was in...?

set up a 'tab' with the last directory you were in. try what's said here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=30628
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m0han For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m0han Ad-Free
26th August 2019, 01:58 PM |#30841  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
@HootanParsa I wanted to ask, is there an option in the file mananger to take backups of just the apks of the apps you have installed on a non-rooted device? If yes, then please tell me where cause I've not been able to find it.

If not then tell me where can I find it after I've rooted my device? Also will the backup work like titanium backup or just the apk(in original state i.e. no internal data/save state) + data/obb, in compressed or non-compressed form?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)