[Discontinued][SD/MAG]HD2 MIUI4 ICS 2.1.13[ICS4]K=3dak_r4.0-ICS

213 posts
Thanks Meter: 346

By 3dak, Senior Member on 25th February 2011, 08:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2011, 10:07 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I think I read a post or two about the battery consumption of this ROM. It seems to be high... Is there anything I can do to make it lower? I tried a Google search... there was a post somewhere that said to try SETCPU to help the battery issue. Can SETCPU be used with this ROM? I tried, but the program stated I didn't have superuser rights, and would only run in READ-ONLY mode. Can someone help me with the battery life issue and possibly the SETCPU set up? Thank you in advance!

Wingmann
23rd March 2011, 02:57 PM |#122  
Flag Amongst the mountains
Thanks Meter: 15

More
@3dak: wonderful build. I'm still using your releases to provide SD/MAGLDR builds for Italian people.
Just one question: are you thinking to provide a PPP/RMNET switchable SD MIUI or it is difficult to implement it in your build?
23rd March 2011, 06:38 PM |#123  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi.
I need English language pack for HD2 MIUI 1.3.18 SD/MAGLDR ROM (Kernel-AmeriCanAndroid r3.01) . Is there any link to download it?

Thanks.
23rd March 2011, 06:46 PM |#124  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ang Mo Kio

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgunf

@3dak: wonderful build. I'm still using your releases to provide SD/MAGLDR builds for Italian people.
Just one question: are you thinking to provide a PPP/RMNET switchable SD MIUI or it is difficult to implement it in your build?

it's easy to do it. two approaches, add ppp_mode=1 or 0 switch in config file and modify initrd.gz to read the config file and check the switch value then do something such as create or delete ppp file in folder /system
for instance, like this:

# read config file
config_file=$data_dir/MIUIconfig.txt
if [ -f $config_file ]; then
config=`awk -v RS='\r\n' -v ORS=' ' 1 $config_file`
ppp_mode=`echo $config | grep -o '\bppp_mode=\w*' | sed 's/ppp_mode=//'`
fi

# load default value
[ -z $ppp_mode ] && ppp_mode=0

# set ppp or rmnet
if [ $ppp_mode -eq 1 ] ; then
touch /system/ppp
else
rm -f /system/ppp
fi

anther approach is write a .sh script to create a ppp file in folder /system to open PPP mode or delete file: /system/ppp to switch to RMNET.

check /system/etc/init.d/02modules and you'll see and know why do it like that.

#!/system/bin/sh
#
# Load CFQ/CIFS/EXT4/TUN for htc-kernel

if [ -f /system/ppp ]
then
echo "Not loading RMNET module as /system/ppp exists"
else
echo "Loading RMNET module as /system/ppp doesn't exist"
insmod /system/lib/modules/msm_rmnet.ko
insmod /system/lib/modules/tun.ko
fi

sleep 1

Recnelty I'm focusing on HD2 MIUI 2.3.3 migration from G7 or N1 2.3.3 Mod.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3dak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3dak Ad-Free
24th March 2011, 08:58 AM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
One basic question: if you have a 1.3.11, how do you upgrade to 1.3.18? Got alot of settings, don't like to re-do them~~
24th March 2011, 09:21 AM |#126  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
@3dak It's a wonderful build for me. However, I could not change the interface language from simplified chinese to traditional chinese, although I've chosen TC after first boot. Can I change the interface language?
24th March 2011, 11:07 PM |#127  
Flag Amongst the mountains
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dak

it's easy to do it...

cut

Recnelty I'm focusing on HD2 MIUI 2.3.3 migration from G7 or N1 2.3.3 Mod.

1000 thanks for your great help! I'm just an abitmorethananewbye, so I need to learn much, and your suggestions are really valuable.

I'll not bother you anymore! (or at least 'til your migration job will be completed!)
25th March 2011, 11:04 PM |#128  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Bump. Can anyone tell me?

Wired stereo headphones

Hi, 1.3.11 is a great build. Been using it from time to time as my dual boot with wp7. I thought everything was working well until I found out that my wired stereo headset can't be used to make or answer calls. Was on a call but nobody can hear me until I disconnected the headphones. Now, I know certain android builds do not have a functioning wired headset option. I didn't use any of the other earlier MIUI builds so I don't know if this is a known issue. Does anybody else have this problem? Is there a fix that I missed? Does the newer version 1.3.18 have this problem? Thank you.
26th March 2011, 11:23 AM |#129  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
wait for your 1.3.25 update with BT fix kernel
THX
26th March 2011, 12:02 PM |#130  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Very nice rom. Hope it will be developed to Gingerbread.
26th March 2011, 06:08 PM |#131  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ang Mo Kio

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgunf

now the initrd.gz of 1.3.25version supports the PPP/RMNET switchable.

You just need to change the MIUIconfig.cfg file
for PPP Mode, set:
ppp_mode=1
for RMNET mode, set:
ppp_mode=0
The Following User Says Thank You to 3dak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3dak Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)