[APP][XPOSED][4.2+] Airplane Mode Helper (v1.0.4)

Search This thread

DavisNT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 27, 2011
Riga
projects.dm.id.lv
Airplane Mode Helper (formerly called Jelly Bean 4.x Airplane Mode Helper) is a tool (created by me) that allows other software to control Airplane Mode on Android 8.1, 8.0, 7.1, 7.0, 6.0, 5.1, 5.0, 4.4, 4.3 and 4.2.
With this tool installed, all applications that control airplane mode should work as they work on pre-4.2 devices.
Airplane Mode Helper requires Xposed framework. This tool must be activated via it's launcher icon and in Xposed Installer.

It works by hooking broadcast sending inside system process (framework), intercepting airplane mode change broadcasts and adjusting system settings from system process.
Additionally Tasker/Locale plugin for airplane control is provided (since version 1.0.3 the plugin must be explicitly enabled in settings).
Airplane mode is toggled without any delays.

I will be glad to hear any reviews (please also provide information on what ROM the app was tested). :)

Home page:
https://projects.dm.id.lv/Airplane_Mode_Helper

Changelog:
https://projects.dm.id.lv/Airplane_Mode_Helper#Changelog

Xposed Module Repository page:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/lv.id.dm.airplanemhx

Download:

Attachments

• AirplaneModeHelperX_102.apk
    100.5 KB · Views: 4,552
  • AirplaneModeHelperX_103.apk
    62 KB · Views: 2,042
  • AirplaneModeHelperX_104.apk
    62.4 KB · Views: 816
Last edited:

Hollam

May 1, 2011
Hello i have tested it with a Nexus 4 on Android 4.3. It worked with the App Airplan Mode Toggle. It doesn't work with "Automalted" and "NFC Aufgaben Launcher" likely because these Apps try to use root.

Reactions: kchannel9

DavisNT

Aug 27, 2011
Riga
projects.dm.id.lv
Hello i have tested it with a Nexus 4 on Android 4.3. It worked with the App Airplan Mode Toggle. It doesn't work with "Automalted" and "NFC Aufgaben Launcher" likely because these Apps try to use root.
Thanks for feedback! :)
Does "Automalted" and "NFC Aufgaben Launcher" toggle airplane mode on Android 4.3 on their own (via root)? If not, I will write their developers about my app.

Reactions: bobatomix

Hollam

May 1, 2011
Thanks for feedback! :)
Does "Automalted" and "NFC Aufgaben Launcher" toggle airplane mode on Android 4.3 on their own (via root)? If not, I will write their developers about my app.

I think they have no solution for 4.3 yet, they just use the root way like in 4.2 which doesn't work on 4.3.

DavisNT

Aug 27, 2011
Riga
projects.dm.id.lv
New BETA (v0.9.1 BETA) released. In this version tip about Xposed framework is added and various minor improvements are made.
EULA is updated in this version - please review!

ktmbikerman

May 7, 2011
Cape Town
Giving it a try, will report back soon... thanks

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Phone Schedule not working on 4.3, can anyone please suggest a scheduling app that works, other than tasker?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

coolnessQ

Aug 8, 2012
Rotterdam
Random reboot on
qe4ubume.jpg
used the xposed disable amd uninstalled ur app, used latest beta

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

DavisNT

Aug 27, 2011
Riga
projects.dm.id.lv
Giving it a try, will report back soon... thanks

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Phone Schedule not working on 4.3, can anyone please suggest a scheduling app that works, other than tasker?

Phone Schedule works well with this mod. Open Phone Schedule settings and check My device is rooted to enable Airplane Mode settings.

Reactions: ktmbikerman

DavisNT

Aug 27, 2011
Riga
projects.dm.id.lv
Random reboot, used the xposed disable amd uninstalled ur app, used latest beta
Do you get random reboots when having Xposed framework installed and Jelly Bean 4.x Airplane Mode Helper not installed or not activated as Xposed module?
Most likely they are hot reboots (only Android part of device is rebooted), right? Can you provide logcat and /data/xposed/debug.log collected after these reboots?

DavisNT

Aug 27, 2011
Riga
projects.dm.id.lv
Actually toggling airplane mode by root commands works on Android 4.3.
Was your phone properly rooted? Can you provide Google Play link to "Automalted"?

ktmbikerman

May 7, 2011
Cape Town
Phone Schedule works well with this mod. Open Phone Schedule settings and check My device is rooted to enable Airplane Mode settings.

That's what I've done in Phone Schedule... I didn't get a superuser request at any point though, that could be the issue. I have the helper checked in Xposed... not sure what else can be done?

DavisNT

Aug 27, 2011
Riga
projects.dm.id.lv
That's what I've done in Phone Schedule... I didn't get a superuser request at any point though, that could be the issue. I have the helper checked in Xposed... not sure what else can be done?

Phone Schedule should not ask for root. That is not an issue.
Can you test toggling airplane mode with Airplane Mode Switch (app by Ottavio Vanini available on Google Play)?

ktmbikerman

May 7, 2011
Cape Town
Can you test toggling airplane mode with Airplane Mode Switch (app by Ottavio Vanini available on Google Play)?

Will do

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Airplane Mode Switch force closes when I try to open it

ktmbikerman

May 7, 2011
Cape Town
If it doesn't toggle airplane mode than you probably haven't properly set up Xposed framework or Jelly Bean 4.x Airplane Mode Helper.
What is written under Xposed framework in Jelly Bean 4.x Airplane Mode Helper?

Solved, I installed supersu in addition to superuser that came by default with cm10.2.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Solved, I installed supersu in addition to superuser that came by default with cm10.2. Xposed then installed correctly.

coolnessQ

Aug 8, 2012
Rotterdam
Sorry havent seen your question,
logcat has been turned off for more performance
when i activated the app rebooted my phone went to my apps launcher, it take me like 5 seconds and it soft rebooted, happend me 2 times so i downloaded the xposed disable zip and delete the app from my phone, but i will try it again if ya like?

DavisNT

Aug 27, 2011
Riga
projects.dm.id.lv
Sorry havent seen your question,
logcat has been turned off for more performance
when i activated the app rebooted my phone went to my apps launcher, it take me like 5 seconds and it soft rebooted, happend me 2 times so i downloaded the xposed disable zip and delete the app from my phone, but i will try it again if ya like?
Thank you! I would like to see the logs.
Please at first try Xposed framework WITHOUT my app and see whether it causes reboots. If not, install my app.
In any case, please send me the logs...

Reactions: coolnessQ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Airplane Mode Helper (formerly called Jelly Bean 4.x Airplane Mode Helper) is a tool (created by me) that allows other software to control Airplane Mode on Android 8.1, 8.0, 7.1, 7.0, 6.0, 5.1, 5.0, 4.4, 4.3 and 4.2.
    With this tool installed, all applications that control airplane mode should work as they work on pre-4.2 devices.
    Airplane Mode Helper requires Xposed framework. This tool must be activated via it's launcher icon and in Xposed Installer.

It works by hooking broadcast sending inside system process (framework), intercepting airplane mode change broadcasts and adjusting system settings from system process.
    Additionally Tasker/Locale plugin for airplane control is provided (since version 1.0.3 the plugin must be explicitly enabled in settings).
    Airplane mode is toggled without any delays.

I will be glad to hear any reviews (please also provide information on what ROM the app was tested). :)

Home page:
    https://projects.dm.id.lv/Airplane_Mode_Helper

Changelog:
    https://projects.dm.id.lv/Airplane_Mode_Helper#Changelog

Xposed Module Repository page:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/lv.id.dm.airplanemhx

Download:
    A new version (1.0.3) fully compatible with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) has been released.

Locale/Tasker plugin on Android 6.0 has been fixed (pre-4.2 API was already working on Android 6.0).
    Please note that:
    1. Locale/Tasker plugin now has to be explicitly enabled in Airplane Mode Helper settings.
    2. Name of the application has changed to Airplane Mode Helper.
    3. It may be required to remove and re-add Airplane Mode Helper plugin actions in Locale and Tasker (due to name change of the application).
    Please update app for Xposed Instaler version 2.6
    Don't work you app+tasker.
    Thanks for you works

Dont work on my nexus 5 with xposed 2.6 and timeriffic,pls update this great module

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5

cannot work with xposed 2.6

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 HTC One 發送

Thank you for reporting the issue!
    New version has been released.
    Submitted your module to the thread/list of Xposed modules.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44117260#post44117260
    After the latest commit by @romracer with the help of @C3C076, it seems this module now works on Lollipop 5.1.

At least, it seems to be working on my i9100 running CM12.1 (Lollipop 5.1.1). :D

Finally I can get my Sleep app to automatically turn on Airplane mode ever since I upgraded to Lollipop. :good: