More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus.lny

When i try command fastboot flash boot boot.img its stuck at waiting for devise

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Make sure you are in fastboot mode first by running the command:

Code:
adb reboot-bootloader
Then once in fastboot mode re-run the command you were trying to run.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shimp208 Ad-Free

18th June 2013, 06:26 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Was just about to download the SDK, will give this a go!
19th June 2013, 04:39 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Phone HTC one X - brick ( not powering)
will I be able to use this tool while my HTC one x is not powering !!

what i think is that my HTC boot-load file needs to be re-installed, any step by step instruction is appreciated..!

I have been searching through the forum but did not succeed to finde anything that might be of help.

( what i have tried : Hard reset, normal Rest, normal powering... In wall or PC charger more than 5 hours... none of these works..... )

while in charger no light is on and will not power.

Any ideas ( dont suggest to visit HTC dealer as there is no warranty now).

thanks in advance ppl.
19th June 2013, 06:59 PM |#24  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 2,753

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatosb

will I be able to use this tool while my HTC one x is not powering !!

what i think is that my HTC boot-load file needs to be re-installed, any step by step instruction is appreciated..!

I have been searching through the forum but did not succeed to finde anything that might be of help.

( what i have tried : Hard reset, normal Rest, normal powering... In wall or PC charger more than 5 hours... none of these works..... )

while in charger no light is on and will not power.

Any ideas ( dont suggest to visit HTC dealer as there is no warranty now).

thanks in advance ppl.

To answer your question about my tool, the tool will not work if the device isn't powered on as it needs to communicate with the Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) or Fastboot mode in order to function. If you can't acess either ADB or Fastboot because the device won't power on then the tool will not work. Unfortunately, if your device is not powering on at all, no charging LED is coming on, and if you go to power your device on and it doesn't vibrate, then I'm afraid you have hard bricked your device and JTAG repair would be your best option since you said you have no warranty. For the JTAG repair I would recommend checking out this guide for JTAG repair on the HTC ONE X.
20th June 2013, 01:52 AM |#25  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 1,633

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208

To answer your question about my tool, the tool will not work if the device isn't powered on as it needs to communicate with the Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) or Fastboot mode in order to function. If you can't acess either ADB or Fastboot because the device won't power on then the tool will not work. Unfortunately, if your device is not powering on at all, no charging LED is coming on, and if you go to power your device on and it doesn't vibrate, then I'm afraid you have hard bricked your device and JTAG repair would be your best option since you said you have no warranty. For the JTAG repair I would recommend checking out this guide for JTAG repair on the HTC ONE X.

Hi Shimp, great tool, very handy.

Will you be updating the app whenever there are new fastboot/adb versions released?
20th June 2013, 04:04 AM |#26  
Flag Boston

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brds7t7

Hi Shimp, great tool, very handy.

Will you be updating the app whenever there are new fastboot/adb versions released?

Yes I will be updating the tool every time a new version or ADB or Fastboot is released .
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shimp208 Ad-Free
20th June 2013, 04:35 AM |#27  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 2,143

More
Quote:

Yes I will be updating the tool every time a new version or ADB or Fastboot is released .

Thanks! So glad I found this thread thru the xda portal. This will make unlocking my future Nexus phones Much easier. Cheers!
20th June 2013, 03:46 PM |#28  
Flag State of VA
Thanks Meter: 94

More
How can I push a ROM using this tool so that I can flash?
I experienced a random reboot that wiped all my data this morning and I cannot RUU- I cannot side load- so this is my last option...

I also tried Quich push and it did not work...
20th June 2013, 04:07 PM |#29  
Flag Boston

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover

How can I push a ROM using this tool so that I can flash?
I experienced a random reboot that wiped all my data this morning and I cannot RUU- I cannot side load- so this is my last option...

I also tried Quich push and it did not work...

You can try pushing a ROM to your device by first opening up a command window where you installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot too. Next, run the following command:

Code:
adb push ROM.zip /mnt/sdcard/ROM.zip
The ROM should now be on your sdcard you can then boot into the custom recovery you are running and flash the ROM you pushed to your sdcard.
The Following User Says Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shimp208 Ad-Free
20th June 2013, 10:40 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

i will look into Jtag but i thought someone knows how to do it !!

take care ?
21st June 2013, 08:08 AM |#31  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Make sure you are in fastboot mode first by running the command:

Code:
adb reboot-bootloader
Then once in fastboot mode re-run the command you were trying to run.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

had uninstalled HTC Sync for PC thus it seems it was no detecting the phone.. and was stuck in Waiting for Devise screen.. reinstalled it and it worked...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, easy adb, fastboot, installer, minimal
Previous Thread Next Thread